Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

There is the feature where you can just right click and offer to join a war, but I'm not sure if it's restricted by any options.

Pretty sure it's only available for defenders against religious CB's (county conquest, holy war, prepared invasion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Dongattack posted:

This is the message i'm talking about :

There's no envelope button on this particular message (that i can see at least) and i can't find one that fits in the message settings. There's a super generic "Notification Events" that's set to show as pop up that i guess might cover this, but i feel like i'm probably disabling a boatload of important stuff if i lower that one to something i might miss.

Yeah that message is under Notification Events. Just set it to high priority instead of popup so it spams your message box instead.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Usually, it'll be "whichever lord is the liege of the first title they inherit". Once someone already HAS a liege lord, I'm pretty sure they'll never be inherited out of that realm UNLESS they inherit a title that equals or outranks their top liege.

So whoever dies first, they'll inherit that county, let's call it County A, then when the other parent dies the son will inherit THEIR county, County B, into the same realm as A (unless Realm B has the Regulated Inheritance law active, which would block the heir from inheriting County B since they'd be a foreigner - it would then, I assume, go to whoever was next in line.)

This is almost correct. The rank of your liege doesn't matter, if you inherit a title of a higher rank than your current title you will become the vassal of the higher title's liege.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

big dyke energy posted:

Oh, also question: what message setting do I have to tweak to stop the endless flood of 'Elder so and so now favors X as your Heir' popups, because the elders are constantly changing their minds since none of the candidates are of age. I cannot find whatever it is in the menu.

A vassal formed a high chief title too so now I get HIS flood of elders changing their mind every drat minute.

Click on the box in the bottom corner of the popup

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

When it comes to holy order vassalization, just wait until some dudes of your culture and preferrably your dynasty get elected to lead then vassalize?

Leaders of holy orders automatically change culture when they get elected. If you have Rajas of India, you could have your heir educated Persian, vassalize the order, then switch back to your capitol's culture.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Captain Mediocre posted:

After a thousand hours I never knew this screen existed. How do you get there?

press F1

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Can i claim more than one province during a war? I only have to kick the Picts/Scots out of Northren Ireland to fully claim the island for Ireland, but I don't want to do 4 wars to claim 4 provinces.

If you personally have multiple strong claims you can press them all at once, otherwise you need a CB that covers multiple provinces.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Communist Walrus posted:

Playing as The Byzness. Vassal war declarations of any sort are forbidden in the empire. I created the kingdom of Italy, gave it to some guy in Ferrara as a viceroyalty, and he immediately declared a holy war for the area north of his new turf. What gives? Why isn't he bound by the empire-level prohibition on vassal war decs?

Crown Laws only apply to the de jure vassals of the title it's enabled for and Italy isn't part of the ERE.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

yeah dead game rip

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Azhais posted:

And Wiz has been pulled away from Stellaris to work on a mysterious new project. Coincidence? I think not!

Yeah they posted on twitter today that they're starting work on a Sunset Invasion spinoff

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Eimi posted:

...why are my vassals waging external wars with external wars set to illegal?

Crown Laws affect de jure territory only

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

right click > demand gavelkind

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Delthalaz posted:

I also noticed at some point the kingdoms under britannia: england, scotland, wales, ireland got different realm laws as far as declaring external wars. I set the empire of Britannia to only allow external, not internal. And my vassals seem to have a -5 modifier for that. Yet it seems to only be set for Britannia, not the kingdoms. What the gently caress? I thought if you change the law for the higher level realm it changes them both? If not, why are they mad?

I also keep seeing strange opinion modifiers at seemingly random times of -10 for changing obligation law. I haven’t changed the obligation laws in like a century so i have no idea what they’re angry at me about .

Crown Laws affect all de jure territory for that title. Your vassals are mad because they're in the de jure empire of Britannia.

The opinion modifier for obligation law changes is bugged and has been for a long time.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Pretty sure the save won't be compatible.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Goons Are Great posted:

I see, that makes sense. I usually observe that many of my vassals tend to have rather strong connections to outside realms and don't always pay attention to what they might own there, so this might solve it.

The war thing though keeps on coming up, in current game even for a regular feudal viceking. For no reason he first pressed a claim on a neighboring province, then went to war about it to settle it, later went to war again to vassalize the guy who held it. The same vassal was a few years later able to declare holy war on another province to conquer it, even though I specifically forbid any kind of vassal wars in both my empire as well as his and every other kingdom (I always check the laws if I can before landing someone with it).

In both cases the viceking in question had his vice kingdom as part of my realm, but not part of my main title-empire. However I also held the actual de jure empire title on my own, as I was a double emperor, and the law there was the same as my main title, I assumed this shouldn't happen either way.
Or am I generally only able to push my vassals into the laws my main title is projecting?

Crown laws apply to vassals. If you give out a kingdom that has wars disabled it won't stop that king from declaring wars since he's not a vassal of that title.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Murder your vassal and his descendants until you inherit his prison

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

They don't just revert on their own. Have your vassals been taking titles from each other? Have you been accidentally handing them out as non-viceroyalties?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

edit: looks like the map generator mod is still being developed for importing custom/random maps to use in Holy Fury's random modes

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 15, 2019

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I drew this map and now I'm playing on it. Mod is good :honked:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Coolguye posted:

you are better off killing them just to simplify your life.

True CK2 player right here

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Get a good chancellor and use him to fabricate claims on your neighbors.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Invite her to carousing

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Coolguye posted:

the doge preferentially gets trading posts if my memory serves me right (which it may not, i haven't played a merchant republic in a long time) so even if a family only has a few posts, if you can wipe them out easily, go ahead and do it.

Nope. Trade posts are inherited in reverse order of how many posts you already have. If you're the doge and have the most posts, your vassal has to have at least four posts in order for you to inherit one.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Looks like the Shia Caliphate Rising event to me

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

You also get +2 to your demesne size if you have all your council laws off, so rolling back those laws should be your priority. Don't worry about your vassal opinions at this stage too much, if most of Ireland is in your personal demesne then rebellions aren't really a concern.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Edit: does threat go over 100%? All of my recent holy warring has gotten me a threat of 99.4.

Nope, which means any threat you incur beyond 100 is essentially free.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

If you're not on ironman you can use the console command recalc_succ <Character ID> to update succession for a character.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Charlie Bobson posted:

i'm attempting to finally get into these games because i love huge, bloated, extremely complex video games. i'm fiddling around in ireland and have managed to become a duke after 30 years or so, which is exciting. its very fun fiddling with all of the different mechanics even if i have absolutely no clue what im doing.

is there a goon discord for either CK2 or paradox strategy games in general or is the thread the most active place for discussion? im dumb and have a lot of questions all the time

Map goons discord: https://discord.gg/0Xj0w8YosFujejqw

Or you can post questions in this thread, we're petty good at answering stuff

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

On that note, I'm unclear as to the line of succession when it comes to my prince-bishop son. Like, that county I gave him earlier reads as having no line of succession at all in the event of his death, he has no kids and I presume it will stay that way as long as he's clergy. If I pile land on him and he dies, does his stuff revert back to me?

If you made your son a priest, giving him more titles will just make him a higher ranked priest. When he dies he'll be replaced by another bishop. I'm pretty sure you can put him back into the line of succession by revoking all his titles, if that's what your're after.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

You don't need to worry about him being disqualified, that law only applies to characters who are landed outside your realm. Go ahead and press the claim.

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 13, 2019

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

chaosapiant posted:

Some really good and expansive answers up in here, up in here. Thanks! Making my children loathe one another while I revel in the blood of the goat sounds the way to go to me.

Is there a breakpoint in opinions where folks are more likely to plot against me? I’ve been constantly gifting courtiers and what not to get them to like me.

The choice to join plots is based on their opinion of you, opinion of the plotter, and their traits, so it's different for everyone. That said, you really don't need to be bribing random courtiers on the off chance that someone starts a plot, that's just excessive. Plus once someone is in on a plot, raising their opinion won't make them leave. The best defense is just to get the most qualified spymaster you can (invite someone from the character finder if you don't have one) and make sure he likes you. And if you have stray courtiers around who don't like you, you can ask them to leave or marry them off outside your court.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is there a way to legitimize a bastard grandson? My daughter had a genius kid that I want the best for.

Inherit into that kid's mother

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I'm on board, sounds fascinating. Would you be starting as a merchant republic or as a tribe?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

Otherwise, that's some nice and fragmented Islam there. I may go and play some more muslim games with this. I'd probably play in that area more often, but at so many starts they start out too big, and it's a pain to find good vassals at the game start screen (I wish they had the direct vassal mapmode instead of hopping between count/duke/king).

ctrl+left click, just the same as in-game

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I just checked and yeah it does save; EU4 doesn't.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

nm

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 25, 2019

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

zhuge liang posted:

It's really not. You can spend decades waiting for the Viking Age event that unlocks the Norse CBs/gives you free shipyards. Almost anyone else in 867 would be a better choice.

Unfortunately none of the characters in 867 happen to be available in the CM start

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Montalvo posted:

What is the usual MO for taking control of the holy sites for a given religion? As you all told me a few pages ago I am now playing as Rurik's Slavic Pagan son and I figure I'll give faith reformation a shot. Am I supposed to just use the conquest CB to carve my way through to each county with a religious site, or there something more clever I could be doing?

More or less, yeah. The usual claim game shenanigans still apply, and you'll get a lot of mileage out of the Become King ambition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Raiding is granted by Norse culture in this instance, and they can raid even if their religion doesn't allow it. Oh, and they changed it so that Danes, Norwegians or Swedes can still raid even after flipping.