Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Neil's released a statement on the accusations, I feel like he gives a good account of it, but we'll see how his accusers respond

https://ascienceenthusiast.com/neil...1139gVhS3SqU8oo

:cripes:

All he had to do was say "I apologize for my behavior and would like to make amends." But of course he had to go in with his typical "well actually" bullshit.

How can someone so smart be this loving stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm mad at NDT for digging his own grave with that indian handshake bullshit or saying he was just looking for Uranus under her dress when literally all he needed to say was "I'm sorry."

It's kind of a problem when any criticism of a public figure is treated as "rabid" or trying to ruin someone's life. That's how Kavanaugh got on the SC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He can try to explain it all he wants, it doesn't make it appropriate behavior though.

Also I'm a huge loving nerd and I agonize constantly about my behavior around other people, especially women, so I don't think that's a good excuse.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I dont think he ever said it was acceptable tho.
He made the point that if he had realised he would have apologised on the spot.

I mean the real big one is the claim of drugging and raping a girl. Making a woman uncomfortable isn't great, sure, but it's not a crime either.

That's the problem though, he should have realized it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

Realized what, specifically? Because the shoulder thing, while creepy, seems like an odd reason to try and gently caress over a guy who has spent a while championing access to STEM for girls.

Nobody's trying to gently caress him over. Calling out bad behavior doesn't mean you're trying to ruin someone's life, and again, the fact that it keeps getting framed that way is a huge part of the problem.

And yeah, he should have realized that reaching under someone's clothes without their permission is pretty bad!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NDT deserves extra scrutiny because of his role as an ambassador of science. You can't attract women to STEM fields and then say "watch out for this guy, he's a little handsy, but he's a nerd so it's OK".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/LaBasSiJyS...57739151142368/

The French are so much better at this than us.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This isn't even the first time he's spelled it that way.

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie...agenumber%3D794

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A conservative's worst nightmare is being treated the way they treat minorities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why not dotard? Only need to change two letters!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

highdea: why is "baby it's cold outside" still in common seasonal play when we've all acknowledged how rapey it is?

to own the libs, why else

e: the really weird thing about it for me is that i had literally never heard the song until this year, but i guess because someone complained about it it's now a treasured classic that shall never be removed from the holiday music canon

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 14, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm of the opinion that killing someone when they don't pose a clear and immediate danger is bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a Festivus miracle!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Less Jane Goodall and more Grizzly Man I'd say.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All he needs is a fiddle.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Everyone please welcome Secretary of Defense Jared Kushner.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This feels really appropriate right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqPB8YUeDc

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

Lol and the budget was a measly 6.2 million dollars which is goddamn insulting in the first place.

Meanwhile chuds have donated $8 mil and counting to the wall scam.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That Works posted:

I'm sitting here stressing out about which employee I get to fire if the shutdown lasts for more than a few days and this pops up

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076239448461987841

Tell them to comb the desert!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How soon until Trump starts belittling Mattis on twitter?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think we'll know we're really in trouble with the economy when Donny starts saying it's Obama's fault.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

da moyn

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not sure I like the idea of Trump having a legion of praetorians who are loyal to him above all else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can't wait to hear all the whining that people aren't sucking Trump's dick for finally performing a bare minimum expectation of his office.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aurora borealis?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within the Isle of Manhattan?

Yes!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why the gently caress is this legal?

The investors need that money to make more jobs, duh.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

Generally I'm not sure if I agree with "*material thing* is a human right.". I think it would be a better world if everyone had food, shelter, health care, and personally fulfilling work, but I don't know if that makes those things "human rights."

I generally still view rights as things that you should be free to do, I guess.

You should be free to have adequate healthcare. Letting healthcare become so expensive that a huge portion of Americans can't afford it should be seen just the same as the government suppressing speech.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love when conservatives selectively forget about the Revolutionary War and all the extremely violent events leading up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Fuckin owns. I didn't know that Asian Confederate fanboy got arrested though, what a weird dude

Guns of the South adaptation looking interesting.