Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

kupachek posted:

Touche.

Silly me, what was I thinking. So, who'll be invaded next to prop up the economy? There hasn't been an American invasion in the western hemisphere for a couple decades now.

Can we invade Argentina or Chile before I hit 20? Wanna occupy somewhere nice for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/SmelOdiesOG/status/1070094666920550402

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Maybe it's because I'm not infantry or army or moto or whatever, but if someone points a gun at me and asks if I trust them, the answer will always be "no." I do not trust anyone who thinks pointing a gun at me is a good idea.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird food bathtub posted:

To me it feels like a race between corruption and fanaticism. Corruption has currently won over democracy. If it keeps getting its way then we'll end up with oligarchy but along the way it is royally pissing people the gently caress off. Democratic party has so far responded by being limp-dick bought off controlled opposition barely worth considering while the Republican party has just gone completely ape poo poo death cult full on blood gargling party of hatred and fanatacism. If money and power can't keep the anger and hatred in check I see it headed to outright fascism. Straight up "for interests of national security the Democratic party is outlawed".

Future historians will consider democracy an interesting blip in the history of human governance.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Someone translate that into real human please.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

How do you minimize the goddamn POTUS outright committing felonies and ordering treason?

:psyduck:

They minimized Nixon until it couldn't be ignored any more.

e:

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 8, 2018

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://www.theonion.com/ultra-realistic-modern-warfare-game-features-awaiting-o-1819594864

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Falwell doing the poolboy and Trump blackmailing him for it? God drat the writers for this season are just throwing darts at a mad libs board for ideas. Quality has really gone downhill.

The linked article only mentions a shady business deal, nothing sexual. Guy writing the tweet is making poo poo up and expecting you to not read it, sadly.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Remember when Wikileaks decried it as a US/George Soros attack on Russia?
I do.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

For those not watching, she's a Democrat who a) probably enjoyed using that example and b) was making the point that search results are due to algorithms matching popularity and trends.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

Eartha Kit is awesome but Santa Baby is the worst of the old Christmas standards. Obviously there's worse out there if you widen the net to include celebrity Christmas albums.

Christmas pop music is universally garbage. There is literally no reason to listen to a single Christmas song unless a) you have religious reasons or b) you really dig choral music.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

McNally posted:

Apparently his Twitter got flooded by people telling him that Ballard has been talking about this publicly for years now.

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Feldscher/status/1073417346650378245

https://twitter.com/h_mcnally/status/1073724816698601472

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/stevemullis/status/1072873251318173696

:hmmyes:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1073737336935071744

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1073775140633219073

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I thought this already happened, but then I realized I was thinking of all the other top posts who resigned due to graft and corruption.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

Its easy for "Well, he was just some Mujahdeen fighter" to slip and become "Well, he was just a freedom fighter" or, like others who have face court martials "They were just some Iraqi/Afghanis, probably terrorists. Who cares"

We have rules about war for a reason: So we don't return to battlefield executions of POWs. We're better than this, no matter the enemy. gently caress anyone who can't follow those rules. Its bad enough we openly had black bag sites, where we often had innocent people we illegally extradited, held, and tortured. Often killed through torture, without trial or often with evidence.

Exactly. These guys are not an existential threat that require extreme measures. If we can't conduct the war by civilized rules of conduct, we need to get the gently caress out of there.

we need to get the gently caress out of there anyway

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

sharknado slashfic posted:

He was the only adult left in the administration, right?

He was the only adult ever in the administration.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Don Dongington posted:

They're just kicking the can down the road so the senate has to deal with it now, right?

Yup.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

I thought bailing on the Kurds every decade was part of our ME strategy

Genuinely don't know why anyone sticks their neck out for the US any more.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mlmp08 posted:

Top 3 amendments would probably be: abolish the senate, remove lifetime appointment for judges, and, uh... oops, I forgot the third one

electoral college

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This is it. Our entire system of elections benefits the rich and is why politicians are so firmly entrenched.

I still think gerrymandering and the non-democratic Senate and EC are worse regarding this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Edit: ^ :lol::lol::lol:

Really? I get why people (most of whom live in large metros) hate the EC, but the senate is supposed to be slower to react to change. That's a feature, not a bug. The problem is that most of the senate is horrifically corrupt and openly for sale. Publicly financed campaigns (and harsh penalties for the donation equivalent of a straw purchase) would drastically reduce the impact of the campaign donors that have been writing our legislation for the past few years. The senate hasn't always been this broken, it was a slow descent until it went off the loving cliff after Right to Life and Citizens United.

The Senate is supposed to be slower to react to change, but for a while now it's just been "The House, except with longer terms and vastly over-represented rural whites"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's up actually. Not that it matters because lol at getting money out of it. Over $4k again.

It's been crashing for a year straight. Daily ups and downs are minor noise on the trend.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Excited to find out what brain worm inspired dumbassery our toddler president manages to accomplish with a simple photo op. I feel like he'll be truly inspired to accomplish something with this, the television has been telling him how important it is for awhile now.

His mouthbreather base will no longer have to change the subject when it's brought up that he never visited a combat zone because he's a pissbaby.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Well sure that's the goal, but I'm excited to see what he actually does. Lecturing the troops on their 401k performance? Sundowning meltdown? Actual, literal pants making GBS threads? The mind spins with possibilities.

Sundowning meltdown with bragging about himself and bitching about the Democrats and the wall is a given. What else he'll say is the mystery.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

my kinda ape posted:

Centrist dems love the guy who gave Ted Cruz a run for his money and want him to run for president. Leftist people are looking at his record and finding him to be more conservative than they would like for a president. Obviously he's wildly better than Cruz either way but for a national president they want someone who's not a centrist.

Centrist dems think this skepticism is a dastardly coordinated attack.

They do?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus posted:

Sundowning meltdown with bragging about himself and bitching about the Democrats and the wall is a given. What else he'll say is the mystery.

So yup. Man is obvious.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/NYPD114Pct/status/1078478653506375681

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what they want us to think! #deepstate

114th precinct?

11 = november 4 = 4th
11/4/16 Hillary Clinton's agents suppressed evidence of her crimes
transformer explosion = power being cut off in New York
New York - Trump authentic New Yorker, Hillary carpetbagger
#qanon

apropos of nothing, is there a mil history thread anywhere?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EBB posted:

Damned trash pandas

On the other hand, iguanas are an invasive species in Florida.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Edgar posted:

Was anyone else waiting for a suprise gator to get the racoon?

Pretty disappointed when neither that nor a half naked guy on meth popped out to get the raccoon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

"They're all Democrats anyway."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

I am continuously loving baffled by people that think there shouldn't be affordable health care and can only conclude they just hate people with less than them that much

Literally "let them die and decrease the surplus population."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FrozenVent posted:

How the gently caress do you identify as a conservative at 26?

https://politics.theonion.com/gop-maintains-solid-hold-on-youth-that-already-look-lik-1819595704

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The best part is McCaskill lost while clinging to the center in a state that passed a minimum wage increase and rejected right to work

The state also elected a supermajority of Republicans who are going to overrule the minimum wage increase, overrule the nonpartisan redistricting and anti-lobbyist amendment, and restore right to work.

Jason Kander ran to the left two years ago and also lost.

The lesson here is that Missouri voters outside of the big cities are a bunch of inbred mouthbreathing rednecks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

my kinda ape posted:

That's the spirit that'll win them over! Great job.

Yeah, I should be a lot nicer to those racist white idiots, definitely something I care about. If only I cater to their stupid white fragility, they'll stop voting for incompetent demagogues and representatives who overtly flip the bird to the will of the voters.

What a great loving use of my time and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

my kinda ape posted:

Ah that classic Democratic refrain: "you're not worth our time"

It's not like there's an immense right wing corporate brainwashing apparatus at work or anything.

Or a concerted effort to suppress voters who might think it's worth their time to vote for someone who's actually looking out for them despite living in districts where it appears everything is stacked against them.

No, they aren't worth my time. The little time I have to spend on political activity is spent on trying to fix the damage that these racist chuds are continually doing to the people in my city.