Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Shout-out to my fellow Cubano lovers ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

Obviously, we’re seeking out the world’s greatest sandwich.

Sup
https://youtu.be/hXYoduN0kWs

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
gently caress I made quesadillas tonight and forgot to take a picture :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MarquiseMindfang posted:

does it count as a sandwich if i hollow out a baguette and fill it with pasta

because i did that while watching these videos and now i am a living avatar of pure shame

it was good tho

I think there is a Japanese street food that's a hot dog bun filled with noodles and the name is approximately "noodle sandwich" so I think you are good there.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
All of these long-rear end falls are giving me gaming vertigo something fierce.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This romhack is so weird but I think it might be genuinely good if it was just a little less obtuse :psyduck: Also fewer instances where you're required to take damage or void out to progress.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Cubano day at work today, an extremely blessed day-

The green stuff on there is spinach which I think is non-standard but it worked.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Erainor posted:

Would a Reeses peanut butter cup count as a sandwich? Got mixed up during candy talk.

It's more like a pie IMO

Now, if you used two Reese's cups as the bread of a sandwich, what would you want to put between them?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I never knew you could actually drink Poes :psyduck: I always wondered why they even sold them in the first place...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol

I think a lot of hacks suffer from "I the person who created this section know how to do this, therefore everyone should know exactly what to do" but this one especially.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ramos posted:

AKA, the lack of play testing problem.

P much. Wonder if this is just a lack of communication within game design communities, or a fear of criticism vs critical feedback.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Original Fire Temple music slaps and I'm sad that it got taken out of later releases of the game :( I still have a 1.1 (or whatever version that isn't 1.0 but has the original music) cart and I'm a little reluctant to part with it for that reason.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FPzero posted:

I can't believe it was all meaningless this whole time.

That ending, ouch

Also subtle thing, but the fact that the game takes control away from you when that fire wall spawns throws off the timing of the platforms almost enough where you are forced to take a hit. Rude!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is a cupcake a sandwich

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

There was one joke in particular from this episode I wanted to commemorate.

Don't doxx me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
OK I just watched the episode and what the gently caress were those puzzles

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Nimpize giveth, and Nimpize taketh away

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TwoPair posted:

I still find it weird that there's no warps. Granted I know jack about programming/the process of making a romhack, but all the temples are in the right places aside from water. Seems like they could give you all the other songs fine. But hey, I guess you can't spell Nimpize with easy.

Yeah what happened to Lake Hylia? Replaced by one of the new zones or something?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

PureRok posted:

Still going through the thread, but I figured I'd share my sandwiches.

The classic.

and a simple turkey sub hoagie.

Oh poo poo I have those same plates lol

Let me guess, they were your grandmother's?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I haven't watched the video yet but I want to be the first person to post that it looks like that Big Octo has a very jaunty blue moustache.

Also nice new av, as a corgi owner it always weirds me out to see one with a tail.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FPzero posted:

Yeah my avatar and a bunch of others in the old Team Frog Nugget discord had their avatars changed to corgis by someone to help donate some money to lowtax since he's in crippling medical debt thanks to the American healthcare system. The gesture is appreciated but I think this thread could do better.

:siren: If people want to make some dumb avatars with title text related to this LP I'll buy whichever one I like the best. :siren: Maybe also buy some of the runner-ups as avatars for my co-commentating friends should they want one.

No time limit on this right now, gifs are allowed. Nimpize might not mean anything, but that doesn't mean i can't pad lowtax's spine with a little bit of money.

Th-this is my hole! It was made for me!

But avatar-sized.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol that chest

Dare I say that the end is in sight? Shadow will be whatever but we've already done the majority of Spirit so that should be a quick one to polish off. Then lol at thinking about what Ganon's Castle will look like in this hack :shepface:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Needs more cow switches from the Master Quest version of Jabu-Jabu IMO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Personally I'm partial to a Vietnamese baguette

Best served with curry or the usual trapping of pickled veggies and jalapenos and meat

I've been living in Philly for the past few years and the secret best sandwiches in town aren't cheesesteaks (which are still very good mind you), but banh mi.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Best price to quality ratio on a banh mi is $8, at least in my experience. Also get one with BBQ pork.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did anyone else catch Goku getting knocked into the pit by the roller spike, but hovering during the knockdown animation thanks to the Hover Boots? More like Hover Butts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So did you ever find out what that toggle crystal switch does?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What a weird-rear end game

Also the Twinrova fight always reminds me of the whiteboard in Cabin in the Woods where "witches" and "sexy witches" are considered as two different types of monster.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo I never knew about that little secret room with the big Rupee under the entrance :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hahaha what the gently caress

Great LP, I'm going to miss it.