Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I've never clicked like on a video so fast before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Phantasium posted:

the third birthday is the worst thing square has published, in my mind

Quiet Man came out last year you know...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk2WiXMNALk

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuE7fFMxPc4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

Pat is so mad Sekiro won goty, lol

Is he mad because RE2make or DMC5 didn't win instead?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Deified Data posted:

I'm firmly on team "Pat is pretending to have half his brain goblins just to be contrary" though

That would easily explain how Matt and Liam got tired of him at least.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm glad he can play FPSes now, I remember him saying he gets motion sick from them, but I guess he got over that somehow or maybe takes some kind of medication for motion sickness like Gravol or something before playing?

He cleared this up during the D2016 playthrough. Matt and Pat were just full of poo poo. FPS games themselves were never the problem - it's when you're face loving a wall at high speed like people tend to do when they play classic Doom games or any other high-speed FPS is what gives him problems.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Would probably give birth to Crazy Talk Requiem though, so that'd be a plus. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Indecisive posted:

The one negative argument I kind of believe is people who feel that the new story kinda hinges on people being familiar with the old game already, so it's less friendly to people going in completely blind, which is fair I think. But being a completely faithful remake would have been way less interesting (and probably less profitable).
Like, did ANYONE give a poo poo about the FF8 remake / reskin or whatever a while back?

That was just a remaster with some improved character models. it was also FF8, so even if it did get the 7R treatment it would be far less of an anticipated release.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dawgstar posted:

I'm starting to wonder about the Canadian school system.

I can confirm it's pretty poo poo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shinji2015 posted:

Smash is dodging the bullet.

If any company needed to realize how bad their netcode is, it's Nintendo.

Even if they were forced to see how poo poo it is, why would they care? Smash sells because it's videogame crossover insanity. It's only after the hype dies down that people care about how poo poo the online is, and that's after Nintendo has already taken 60 bucks from millions of people.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

Makato was bar none the best overall character in vanilla p5 outside of joker mechanic wise.

They were talking about Street Fighter Makoto, not Persona Makoto.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gonzo McFee posted:

Woolie plays doom like he's only vaguely heard of first person shooters. It's giving me an aneurism.

To be fair, Woolie has admitted to having gently caress-all FPS experience, and Doom Eternal is probably one of the most demanding FPS games ever that isn't a romhack. It's a character action game with a first-person camera.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Can we just move on from this discussion already? Here's some wha happun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Qf0UBaokk

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dias posted:

She calls them anti-heirs

This can't be quoted enough.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blockhouse posted:

I'll always remember Dark Souls 2 as the first time two people got legitimately angry at each other on the channel, a feat that wouldn't be replicated until Omikron wait nevermind it happened in Bloodborne too

and then Star Trek was an entire LP of it

I think Silent Hill Homecoming beat all of those.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rody One Half posted:

Does ANYONE actually give a poo poo about Matt's stuff? I never see it discussed, anywhere.

I'm subbed to Matt for his Wha Happuns but none of his other content really interests me. Honestly most of Woolie's stuff doesn't interest me either - I just stay subbed for the CSB Highlight uploads.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I shouldn't be surprised that Pat missed the message of Transistor and thus thinks the ending sucks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

His inability to remember Beast Wars is even more offensive.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kay Kessler posted:

When has he ever said someone was a bad person for liking something, and especially that they should die? That sounds like serious projection.

Tae is obviously being hyperbolic. :rolleyes:

Topical, since the point is that Pat has a terrible habit of being hyperbolic on his opinions to the point where he basically invites people to call him crazy. He could have just said "I'm not super big on most of Rare's games/music" and most people would have been fine with it. Instead he has to go "Most of Rare's games were poo poo and their music was clown car circus garbage", and that's never gonna go over well for almost any subject.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Vandar posted:

What events? Can we be a little less vague? lol

Are you being sarcastic(which I hope you are), or did you live underneath the world's deepest rock today?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1351332347879292931

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1349516498600144899

They are indeed, quite sick.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

What's wrong with the video?

I'm guessing that Beeb doesn't like Matt's solo work and thinks he does way better with someone to bounce off of?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Overlord K posted:

Yo Woolie is FINALLY gonna play Arkham Asylum. That should be both fun and potential for big huge length depending how he handles exploring.

Pat can finally stop being THAT guy :v: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_muGpLsaAQk

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

New Pokemon Snap shown off, some people upset that it's another Pokemon Snap game somehow (???)

I thought people were only "mad" at the New Pokemon Snap because of how much better it looks compared to the mainline games. Least that's the impression I got from social media going "Why didn't SnS look like THIS?!"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

there's people in the switch thread that apparently invented an entire open world nature photography simulator in their heads then got really upset when new Pokémon snap wasn't that

It's becoming more and more hilarious that the less ambitious Pokemon gets, the more ambitious people's expectations for it become.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RareAcumen posted:

Pokemon will never improve to a satifactory level for older fans because it's a series made for 7 year olds as its target market that comes out a new game once every two years at most. And they have to juggle nearly 1,000 pokemon in the process

I mean at this point I would be completely find if they spent the next couple of gens not adding new Pokemon and instead just actually refining what they have.

Pokemon is in desperate need for the same overhaul that Monster Hunter got with World.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh this is gonna be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FALbasQ9Of4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

Well no, but for things like SwSh, where they were using the need to model all the pokemon again as their excuse for not letting you import them, that's a problem you can solve by throwing more man hours at it.

Well that was a lie anyway since people definitively proved that the SnS models were the same as the 3DS models.

Dias posted:

My hot take is that Sw/Sh not having all the Pokemon doesn't really detract from the game at all, and in fact might even improve it from a competitive design standpoint.

It would only improve if 1.) Gamefreak actually bothered to rebalance the mons to at least attempt to mitigate the power creep 2.) Didn't add Dynamax which is more broken than Megas or Z-moves were.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Grouchio posted:

What would you say are the best looking and worst looking pokemon of Sword/Shield?

I think the starters are the weakest designs in SnS. So much so that I actually ignored them altogether when I played the game as soon as I caught a Rookidee which is something i've never done.

As for the best? Dragapult, Toxtricity, Corviknight, Grapploct, Grimmsnarl, and Zacian are all great.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Woolie really, really hates it when people tell him what to do.

The irony of that can never be overstated. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

That's goddamn generous of you that you think it's that soon

Which will come first - Woolie coming back to LAD, or Final Fantasy 7 Remake being fully completed and released? :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

When Woolie trains enough, he's decent to place top 8 in any regional (his last real tourney stop was Samurai Sho down where he almost placed Top 8 with a legit bad character until his car mate and pro player stopped him).

He isn't like DPS probably.

Woolie actually retains enough fundamentals to at least be competent at whatever fighting game he wants to play, unlike DSP who just whines that modern fighting games aren't his broken PS1 port of Super Turbo. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shinji2015 posted:

I've only played Kiwami 1 and Judgment, but drat if Woolie and V's LP has succeeded in making me want to get Like a Dragon sooner rather than later (so congrats Sega). I know that it's mostly a fresh start for the series until later in the game, so how bad are spoilers for earlier Yakuza games in it?

I am aware that Majima is in 7 at some point, I did get spoiled on that

Most of them are fine (like the one you spoiled), but one of them REALLY assumes you've played 6.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

Similar reason why he thought Monster Hunter was a DMC game.

All the more baffling that he played MHW with LANCE of all weapons if he wanted a DMC experience.

On that note, has Woolie expressed any interest in playing MH Rise at all? I know he was all hype for Palamutes being a thing when the game first got revealed but has he mentioned the game at all since then?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blockhouse posted:

The anime industry thrives on overcharging people who will bitch and moan and then pay the price anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWw9aBt_Jpc

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
In complete fairness to Pat, X-Com 2 even on not-BS difficulties is entirely BS. I tried it out when it became free on PS+ and even on the easiest difficulty I quickly started getting screwed over by lovely RNG.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rody One Half posted:

Plague is a Gohan Should Be The Hero poster so he's garbage

Assuming Toriyama actually knew how to write characters that would have worked out well. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFw5Y466aw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pennsylvanian posted:

I always liked playing the big beefyboy builds in Dark Souls 1 and 2, and you couldn't really make a brick shithouse in 3 that was as satisfying as the first two games.

Well the devs probably learned that "GiantDad" was something that shouldn't be allowed to exist anymore. :v: