Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Is It me or is Plauge really crap at listening?
He keeps picking up details wrong on Figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man that last podcast was some three solid hours of Woolie just letting the last few months of tension rip, huh?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
There's also the other Cathrine in the game (who was heavily implied to be pre-op trans) that they added but bugger knows what the score is with them given all the telephone game this sort of nonsense adds to everything.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What’s stopping that?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think you could easily convince Wooly to voice in ether GenLock or RWBY by offering him a stand and/or super robot.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 25, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

The 10% of the time Death of the Author is valid is specifically for throwing bigoted poo poo back at the author, yes.

Like reading Ender as gay in Ender's Game to spite Orson Scott Card's homophobic rear end.

FWIW Card lays so much of the foundation for that reading that the whole situation seems like a full on Springtime for Hitler on his part.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Emalde posted:

Wait, the last time I checked he was literally trying to shack up with his tulpa waifu, did they pivot on that?

Wait, Card made even more of that series that someone read?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Pat just helped destroy Epic Games Store and Randy's career.

One can only hope.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
In a world where Hideaki Anno released his eva movies on time and they weren’t an exercise in him browbeating the audience into submission I’d totally be calling Pat a madman.

But the problem is, this is earth, Anno’s an rear end, GRRM is fart-arsing and Pat is right in all realms bar the realistic (regarding the refund thing).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Er, well, you might want to hold off on that cause they're using the same politician speak about a given EU release as they have any release prior so they might be Persona 4 Arena'ing the game at which point I don't think that counts as a win.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh Jesus Christ. I’m getting a loving liberal arts degree via proxy just listening about Death Stranding.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 12, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This whole bit about the Word Pass at the start of this week's CSB feels like some sort of bizzare alternative reality Jim Stearling skit.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Castle SuperBeast; Come for the insightful discussions on current events, stay for the completely random asides about being augmented with the Teledildonics of the future.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Woolie watching The Thing and then near immediately threatening Pat with the test for the whole Wi-Fi thing had me wheeze-laughing so godsdamned hard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 14, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

it's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6DuUrdvgUI

highlight is the crushing silence at the 38 minute mark

Bayo 3 really is a top-to-toe disaster-piece, huh?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Sadly, it's probably the smart move to make. Wouldn't shock me down the road if YT started demonetizing videos for having ANY curse words

Lets face it. If Youtube could get away with it (and they oft do because of the odious realities of video hosting) they would demonetise content creators for use of the letter "e".

It's an absolute poo poo hole. The Best thing I ever did was use a third party client and YT-DLP for youtube.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I don't get it myself but I know better than to question someone's experiences.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Pat trying to trick Woolie into playing Tetra Master is some top quality stuff.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If he doesn't inflict it on everone else trying to over-psyhcoanalise every card he plays the first time he plays by accident.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It was a stupid and ill-advised joke but, considering what passed as acceptable behaviour in regards to the recently departed in some of those places, a lot the people having one absolutely do not have a leg to stand on.
Besides, it was a mite of the whole conversation, which Woolie dutifully had the joke woosh over his head anyway.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 22, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

People shouldn't be dying at 60 from heart issues, period.

Oh, was that the confirmed cause?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh if I watch these two fumble around MMBN Vs matches much more I'm going to be Ill from laughing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Woolie is interminable to watch, personally.
His OCD made HiFi Rush, of all things, unwatchable

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 11, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

It shouldn't be surprising to hear about a new mind goblin of Pat or Woolie by now. It should be a head shake at best.

Fun to talk about them though. Why is there a PowerPoint presentation between every two swings in Hi-Fi Rush?

I know Pat and Woolie mostly off the podcast with short clips on youtube of the more infamous escapades (Paige and Baba is You) so Woolie's pixel hunt for every power up, even the ones blatently beind "come back here later" doors for Hi Fi Rush was my first encounter with Woolie's goblins.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah. One moment of it in HiFi clued me in that I was gonna go mad if I suffered Woolie trying to psycho-anlyse Tetra Master.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 12, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
To think Pat was the sane one this whole time with sensible ocd problems like "I probably shouldn't use this ultra-x-potion-rare-candy during the fight with Safer Sephiroth, what if there's a super Safer Sephiroth or something?"

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 15, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Of course this is the one thing he's going to be spontaneous about.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Frankly, I'm kinda suprised he has viewers who can deal with his neurosis.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I apreciate Pat and Paige have a good enough raport to share that "nope!" story.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Gonna be real. I could have just about dealt with it up until it was part of an overly complex flowchart of If-Else rules which determined whats a whole food item or an ingredient.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The opening joke this week was 10/10, Pat has a career in comedy if this ever falls apart.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Going back to Bayblade for a sec, the whole first generation (if your of an age you are absolutely hearing the theme song now) was nothing but pretty stand battles so Woolie going nuts about it made me think he had gotten that confused as a new show.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Stop bugging your games, then. :colbert:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
With the caveat that this is the first I'm hearing of this, I'm weary about anyone saying that Vince McMahon is "done" given how "done" he was, what, two years ago was it?

Nothing would make me happier if he was, and for good measure by getting the book thrown at him, but I know better.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 27, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah this meow guy really brought it and was a great fit lol. That said, I had to roll my eyes out of my skull when he went "i don't care for Nintendo anymore since last year. They don't care for their IPs so I shouldn't care about them." and when asked he was talking about loving Chibi Robo

You're surprised that a company that regularly abuses its most fervent fans with Kafka Novels parading as tournament guideline documents, has a history of memory hole'ing IPs, and has been on the shits as far as output is concerned for a while now (PKMN 9, AW ReBoot Camp) is starting to foster resentment?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tae posted:

Did you literally list two games not made by nintendo

Yes, the two non-switch-exclusive games not developed for Nintendo based on IP they don't own.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Him being a Faye suddenly makes everything about that story make a lot more sense.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This versus wolves podcast is something else.

EDIT: Now the thought takes me I'm so glad I got to this after seeing the Wolf-Dogs on NXT otherwise I'd be dead from laughter-asphyxiation.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 11, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The sound Woolie made as he tilted over the Pie Story loving sent me into hysterics.

Right up there with "FOR BREAKFAST" and "I KNOOOWWWWW!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Its a good joke.