Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I've probably missed the times where its been explained but what's actually wrong with Elmo, he just seems like a very lazy cat but also has mental issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Add in Nowi you cowards.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

What if the Spiders are there but all invisible and on the roof above you, or Mr X is 3 giant spiders stacked on top of each other.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dabir posted:

Yeah, in fact he explicitly said that he was revisiting it as part of a plan to try and fix himself and beat the mind goblins.

He announced on twitter he was dropping it and was going back to DQ11 in the end.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Power levels both showed up and went away when Freiza and his forces who rely upon number readings were around.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's pretty standard power creep, many video games and MMO's have that.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty much every comic, film, TV show and game has threat escalation included, how many times have you seen a scenario where the bad guy is beaten only for the bad guy's boss to appear, literally hundreds.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

He spends all three videos complaining about "historical accuracy" basically anytime anything remotely leisure related happens

This is doubly funny for people who've played the game and know what happens later on.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

So the general consensus here is that he's slowly turning into Spoony...?

It'll take a lot for that to happen.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Naturally people on twitter and youtube are up in arms over this, they see it as Pat focusing on the "anime avatar 1% crowd" and being mean to those plucky folks who don't want any form of censorship.

Of course people only ever seem to say this when anime games do get toned down and only ever when its boobies on the line.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vinnie from Vinesauce is a pretty cool guy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

*edit* Oh God there is so many of these. Matt needs to do a What Happened? video on RE6 lol

No need, Capcom at the time of RE6 was in full "gently caress it, make it BIGGER, and more explosions, westerners like that poo poo!", as Pat also explains a few times as well, RE6 was made by multiple different teams and everything was then smashed together, which ended up in a game with a wildly inconsistent tone and came close to bringing the roof down on Capcom.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

*edit* Oh God there is so many of these. Matt needs to do a What Happened? video on RE6 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uV6vCrBNY

Wish granted.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lol at people who think this is solely on Nomura, the eternal scapegoat.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Looking forward to Part 100 where Woolie finally reaches Hooktail's Castle.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Did anyone else get stuck in the Glitz Pit the first time through? I had no idea what the 'watering hole' was supposed to be and couldn't get the Super Hammer for a while because of it.

Nope, I don't think I got stuck on anything in Thousand Year Door, first time around.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Which I think ties into the link I shared earlier in the thread.

TLDR, for whatever reason, Nintendo doesn't want new characters added to the Mario universe (or at least from the Paper Mario devs) that are based on existing characters. So if you're watching the TTYD LP, that means no Goombella, Koops, or VIOLENCE-type characters, which I think is a drat shame.

Good news for Vivian fans though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

the TYD LP is really really good. it's slow at times, but woolie and reggie play off each other really well during it, it's lots of fun. Really goddamn long though, jesus. What are they at, like 60 hours now?

I can see The Palace of Shadow taking at least 4 episodes, its a really long final dungeon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't take these horrible peanut butter opinions from Pat and Woolie, who the gently caress considers the lovely Kraft peanut butter to be the one true nut butter.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dias posted:

I'll never trust Americans on food, so I stand with Chewie and Fuckface.

The land that puts sugar in its bread after all, disgusting.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Indecisive posted:

ep1's title tells me it's gonna be completely fuckin unwatchable

I mean you kinda have to spend some time reading the character skills and such.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Lmao woolie's gonna trig endgame without gun, necktie, or armor

Can't wait to see Woolie reload 500 times only to get the same outcomes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

OH SHI-

WHY DIDN'T HE TELL US THERE WAS A WEDDING??

Privacy I expect.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Sometimes people just can't help themselves and even Pat's has had to say "holy poo poo stop spoiling things guys" a lot during the Mass Effect 3 streams, it's his first run as well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

what souls games has paige completed? I refuse to believe they can be considered hard games if she can beat them but struggles this hard with deltarune chapter 2

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and 3 iirc.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Eesh, I was curious to watch Woolie's Deltarune chapter 2 stuff but some of the voice choices out of punchmom kind of making it unwatchable for me. Though it might not even be bad voice choices so much as not at all what I was reading the characters as myself so it just feels super weird to listen to.

I've heard of streamers being sent death threats and such because they voiced Sans or someone different to the "accepted" voices, it's a wild community at times.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Bee posted:

Monty Python

Classic boomer humour here.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm quite enjoying Woolie talking like a wise master who has perfected the game and knows everything, when in reality he was coached by Pat who very much does not know it all and gets a lot wrong.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

e: I don't understand why Woolie is some times super coy with Reggie in Dark Souls, but then literally just tells Reggie the Ceaseless Discharge quick kill without letting him experiment.

He learned from Pat so he's only doing what he himself was taught.

Also, Ceaseless loving sucks to fight so I think it was for the best.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

They had a good long run though, it's pretty rare for collab groups to last as long as they did without some sort of issue arising, but everyone now seems to be happy doing their own projects so good for all of them I say.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

I've been watching the Dark Souls anime, and the look of relief on Woolie's face when Reggie didn't one-shot O&S was great

Woolie's unending salt that Reggie has blown the game wide open though with his god tier Titanite Catchpole will never not be funny.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I'm so happy Pat got into fell in love with Nioh 2 instantly. :allears:

It's truly an amazing game and I every time I revisit it I lose entire weeks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's something very funny watching Pat complain that Nioh 2 isn't a near exact clone of Dark Souls in his streams, he wants the mission structure to be replaced by just having open world areas but mocks people saying that would ruin the Diablo aspect of farming for gear as he doesn't personally care about it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Pat's Nioh 2 stream made it really clear it wasn't just the loot and stat related mind goblins that caused him to bounce off of the first game.

He just wants it to be exactly like Dark Souls but set in Japan, which is fine I guess but Nioh's mission structure is what sets it apart from the hordes of other Souls-likes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dark Souls is the best at turning people into snarling rabid beasts when someone says DS2 is their favorite or whatever, you know who you are.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

love those aesthetics

To be fair, that huge painting in the second image gives you a lot of curse damage when you go near it, it's a huge troll.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

This woolie matrix 4 bit is hard to get a bead on because on the one hand a Matrix sequel being bad is very believable but on the other hand it sounds a lot like how he talks about TLJ.

I got the impression that Woolie only saw the Matrix as pure action movies and the deeper messages weren't that important, which is fine, you don't have to engage 100% with stuff if you just want to see the cool fights.

So I can see why he was left scratching his head over the new film which doesn't really care about the legacy the audience has built up and is perfectly happy to do whatever it wants even if that means getting trashed by people who came purely to see Neo fight Agent Smith again.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

It was funny hearing him say "oh yeah and this has something to say about Lana and Lily transitioning too!" while blatantly missing that the original movie was also about that.

the red pill was always loving premarin

He never followed up on that sentence, he just tossed it out there and moved on which felt like a cop out.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly the Matrix discussion was at least less obnoxious than hearing Pat talk about how much he wants the royal family of England to all die and his childlike glee at the Queen potentially dying soon.

That was straight up ghoulish and he even recognised it as such before doing it.

The Royals include Prince Andrew, the sex pest who is the Queen's favourite son, gently caress them all and I hope they do die.

I'm British so am entitled to say this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Reggie being oblivious to The Noise Machine in the latest Dark Souls episode was very funny, you could see Woolie losing his mind over it.