Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I love the subject matter of Edgelords but I cannot stand to listen to the voice Matt does for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Did Matt ever do a What Happun with Spore? Cause I need a Wha Happun with Spore.

I'd like Clive Barker's Jericho.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Baal posted:

I liked the Dante's Inferno mini lp thing he did because it was fun going through that game and having him point out neat info while playing that lame rear end game, but I can't say I think Matt's offhand comments trying to be humorous are that good compared to just blunt statements he'll make which are actually kind of funny sometimes. The Fallout 76 video was especially lame because it just kind of like... said poo poo that had already been heavily publicized by everyone? It felt really weird to do a video on something that recent, but I guess you gotta get the hits in while they're fresh?

I wonder if with 76 Matt wasn't just playing the numbers. In a year, people won't care nearly as much. (Probably.) There really was no backstage drama which is kind of the key to a good Wha' Happun? It was all very, very out in the open for all to see and enjoy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I enjoyed Matt and his wife playing Friday the 13th. That'd be something kinda fun for them to go back to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flubby posted:

Oh hey, Duke Nukem Forever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7HETVAiXY. That really takes me back. When that got announced for release for real there was a big ol' circle jerking thread for all the Duke Maniacs out there and disbelievers were thrown out and shouted down and Duke was god, hail to the king. Then the demo came out and it was like an elevator party just had its cable snap.

Now that one had some actual meat to it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if doing The Voice for Edgelords turned Matt off.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Many A True Nerd does some really good, fun Stellaris(and other strategy game) playthroughs where he cuts out most/all the chaff and narrates goings-on so much you can have it on in the background and still get everything that's going on. He's not necessarily GOOD at the game and often misunderstands a ton of poo poo(he's pretty similar to giant bomb and SBF in that way) but he's really good at getting me engaged in it. He also then incorporates past runs' empires into future playthroughs, which is always fun.

MATN's also got a lot of really good Fallout content. He differs from the goon hivemind on Bethseda (in that he has any positive thoughts left) but stuff like his 'no kill run' and 'kill everything runs' in New Vegas and FO3 were great. Jon's also done runs of stuff like FO:NV Dust and that one that makes FO4 a nuclear winter (which just seem like exercises in irritation to me) but they're worth a watch.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Emalde posted:

It's a shame Liam insists on doing the majority of his content solo because with even one other person around he's probably the funniest person in any given video.

Yeah. Recent evidence is that video with he and Matt playing River City Girls.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm enjoying Matt's abbreviated LP of Duke Nukem Forever. I'd forgotten how many memes they thought were funny when the game was supposed to launch but they kept in on its actual launch of TYOOL 2011.

Also the... Folsom twins. Yikes. Gross.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even Wha' Happun? can be kind of a mixed bag. Like I get doing Fallout 76 when he did meant more views but... there's not much of a story besides 'well, Bethesda.'

That said I wonder if there's something good behind Clive Barker's Jericho.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

THe new Wha' Happun? on Silent Hill's HD collection was very enlightening. I had no idea just how deep a whole the studio was put into by Konami from the start. "Oh, the actual whole game code? Nah, sorry brah."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe we'll get a Wha' Happun? on Clive Barker's Jericho, which is both an attempt at a scary game and actually scary for entirely different reasons.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Although it made me miss Friday Night Fisticuffs and Saturday Morning Scrublords, I really liked Matt's retrospective on Bloody Roar.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Of course pat hates it, he's hilariously terrible at it. Like, I've checked out a few different streams and basically everyone cottoned on to the basic mechanics by the first boss but pat just basically stared blankly at it throughout

Wow. You can watch Woolie and Reggie grok what and whose attacks set up for juggles and all sorts of thing as soon as the first LP episode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

valkyrie profile got away with its gigantic cast because your party members were also basically salable resources, you had to kick one up to valhalla every so often or daddy odin would get very upset

this encouraged a semi-rotating cast where you had a couple of reliable standbys along with whatever schmuck you were leveling up to send upstairs that chapter

indivisible just seems to be glutted with characters and short on reasons to use any of them

And often for the best match you'd have to recruit, say, a mermaid at the beginning of the chapter and ship her off to Valhalla at the end. Also you got two characters you honestly wanted to keep until the end pretty early on so you were able to have party members you were used to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dias posted:

It's impossible to back down from a fight Pat's decided to have. He's like a ginger goose, he's gonna keep coming at you.

It feels like Pat is the ur-example of the guy in your social circle that you give the label 'okay in small doses.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bonaventure posted:

IRONIC GENIE: granted.

[Woolie begins a regular podcast with Minh]

I've started watching some of Woolie's LPs and I hate to say it but I don't think Minh brings much to the table.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

somepartsareme posted:

I love anything he does with Liam and I've warmed up to his solo gameplay videos with all the new Matt's Nightmares, but stuff like Wha Happen doesn't have much appeal to me

I enjoy Wha' Happun, if there's something for there to have actually, uh, Happun-ed. I think even Matt kinda regrets the Fallout 76 one since all that happened there was... Bethesda. There's no real story there AND he missed out on the increasing train wreck of the solo subscriptions and God knows what else down the line.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I really enjoyed Bloodlines, but I had completely forgotten about Chinatown and that sewer level.

It's pretty easy to see when Troika ran out of money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love Woolie has to walk it off, but not because rage.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Do DOTA and LoL have the same problem with Smite with 'I can make this champion/hero/god whatever work in this role because I saw a pro player do it?'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Listening to last week's podcast, woolie really should not be playing devils advocate for the vagina bones fire emblem persona game censorship people

Oh, Woolie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"How do you feel about self-censorship?"
"loving complain to the devs, I guess. But you look like a baby."

:allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Woolie picked apart his argument?" When?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MaxDuo posted:

I don't get the "I refuse to buy this game because I can't see the lines of the sexy parts!" thing. Do you........ like the game? Or do you like jerking your dick off at the game?

They would probably tell you they are purists and being pure means vagina bones.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

I can't believe that this is how his fans turn on him. Not for being a smelly trash goblin, bit because he refuses to stoop down to their level. :allears:

Pat: "Complain but you'll look like babies."
Them: *Shrieks, throws tantrums, soil diapers*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nalesh posted:

I still find it interesting how different body types are thought as in japan vs the west, like I remember hearing that the handler from monster hunter world is considered fat bordering on obese by the jp fanbase.

That's not even bordering on 'thicc' as the kids today say.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Clearly we need 'Wha Happun' Lawbreakers' now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TOO HOT FOR FUNIMATION

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd forgotten Zone was a thing and now I feel bad again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I feel like Matt is burning through the Wha Happun stuff a bit fast and doesn't have much to fall back on. Maybe do more LPs with Liam?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You'd think they'd learn by now that their fans like to see them suffer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I love how into it he gets. Woolie has a way of getting excited for the things he likes that's honestly pretty rare to see. Most online people have a very like, i dunno, Radio Excitement when they are on camera/mic.

There's certainly something to be said for seeming genuine. Like when the RE 2 remake came out, somebody did a side-by-side comparison when Tyrant first shows up and it was uncannily almost note for note (partly because they were all trying to pretend they didn't know). You don't get that with the guys.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt poked gentle fun at the Raid Shadow Legends ads cropping up everywhere* in the WC3 Reforged Wha' Happun? video. It was pretty great.

*Thanks to the insane ad rates they're offering. I get why and I'm sure so does Matt.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the guys doing Cage's stuff. I remember in Detroit Cage tried one of his clumsy racial metaphors with the androids having to stand in the back of the bus and Woolie just... sighing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

liam is generally socially conscious whereas the rest of the group were often unfettered id or ego that posted on 4chan, where being socially conscious is anathema, and being disliked on 4chan results in the creepiest stalkers imaginable following you around and making GBS threads on you whenever given a chance

It seems like Matt's trending towards the progressive a bit these days.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Magna Kaser posted:

remember when the fanbase lashed out at pat for saying people whining about companies removing gross sexual poo poo from the (mostly western) releases of games is dumb?

that was cool he should do that more and have more good opinions.

Yeah. Woolie's continued "but isn't it maybe censorship?" was cringey. I do admire Pat for saying "no, it's not" just flatly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tae posted:

Meanwhile, Woolie is on hour 40 of KOTOR 2 while still on the 1st of 4 jedi planets.

howlongtobeat says it takes 93 hours to beat

(if you literally do everything at a brisk pace)

That sounds right. I remember the opening space station felt like it went on forever (in good and bad ways).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt's Street Fighter Animated commentary felt like it was all improv and that's just death for a riffed anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why can't Little V get tested?