Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

Duzzy how'd that breakup go I ended up doing one too because as a never-enlisted I missed important lessons about not dicking BPD until the last 6 weeks.

Borderline or bipolar? This is important. We've all been there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maybe it's the SJWs who are wrong- Louis CK

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gently caress this piece of poo poo year

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not joking when I say i don't want to live in a world without the funk man

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Drainer of swamps

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tats disqualify you?

Knives Amilli posted:

They also adjusted their ADD and Asthma policy as well. I believe you can waive both of them if you were diagnosed before age 10.

Wouldn't a non-insignificant amount of people not be diagnosed with add/adhd until later anyway? Why age 10? I have so many questions

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Knives Amilli posted:

I just finished OTS in November and the consensus was that there was a huge push for Rated, Cyber, Intel and Aerospace Engineers. OTS is backlogged all to hell, classes are getting more massive and the acceptance rate on AD officer boards was higher in the past few years than before.

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1045846/af-evolves-policies-to-access-more-talent-maintain-high-standards/

My bad apparently its:

For other branches, Asthma at any age after 13 is un-waiverable. For the AF, if you have a "ambiguous or vague history of asthma" and can pass a "methacholine challenge test" then you can be waived in.

For ADHD: "ADHD: Candidates who do not meet the standard of never having taken more than a single daily dosage of medication or not having been prescribed medication for their condition for more than 24 cumulative months after the age of 14 will be processed for a waiver if they have demonstrated at least 15 months of performance stability (academic or vocational) off medication immediately preceding enlistment or enrollment and they continue to meet remaining criteria as outlined in Defense Department Instruction 6130.03."

Why not just let them continue taking their meds?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I don't know. When I woke up I knew I bite it but not that bad. There's a big blood stain on my mattress and everything now. Guess I'm eating soup the next while

Guess we know what you're not eating

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vasudus posted:

realistic or not the readiness standards for medication and poo poo are always based off worst case scenario

they don't want people going off their meds, regardless of how likely it is or what the real impact will be

it's being a huge pain in the dick right now because retention is in the toilet but the quotas haven't really dropped

I figured this was the real reason but even so it's not like someone without ritalin is quite in the same boat as someone who can't access their inhaler.

Fallom posted:

Go to the doctor dude; infections in the mouth have fast-track access to the brain.

Also definitely tell women you got the scar eating pussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqLYfsVSy8&t=98s

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 3, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A Bad Poster posted:

They wouldn't even send me to Guam for a month because of my sleep apnea.

You're snoring could keep the whole island up hyuck hyuck hyuck

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That Works posted:

Its interesting that there's a supply problem yet I see them going around like candy every finals week on my campus.

Same when I was in grad school. Hell I've been exposed to over a decade of unfettered access to Ritalin in academia. Still not trying that poo poo though.

E: Jodie, but for your drugs.

There's a lot of people who are both diagnosed and never touch them, instead opting to sell.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The media in this country world is such unbelievable trash

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Tucker Carlson is a strong contender for the biggest shithead in America in a very crowded field.

I can't even decide which I hate more on the very same channel, him, Sean or Jeanine. God what a rotten shithole. Also, these stupid fucks hate science, hate art and hate comedy. Sounds like they owe these women a thank you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Anyone who votes R is supporting this administration anyway at this point and you're god drat right I'll never vote for one here on out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Internet Wizard posted:

We haven't even had a real second contender for the candidacy come forward yet and already there's a bunch of cowards rolling over and going AT LEAST SHE'S GOT A D and ONCE THEY'RE NATIONAL THEY'LL SHIFT LEFT as if that's ever happened a single time ever.

I don't even know what points are being made in this thread at this point. I may not like every democratic candidate but I'll be god damned if I pick an R over them in 2019. We literally don't have time for this bullshit on the climate front alone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DoktorLoken posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with SC? Wait, I shouldn't even ask.

Putting the "South" in the Carolina

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

^^^^^

I got bad news, it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better. (It won't get better)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Soulex posted:

Yeah but it doesnt cross to humans I think. The majority of STIs dont iirc but did originate from animals. Just not from loving them. Like HIV is believed to have been introduced via blood from eating/butchering bushmeat.

All the scientists in the world won't put that racist horseshit back in the bottle, unfortunately.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Richard Bong posted:

I worked in an ER for a few years. This is at least in my anecdotal experience absolutely true. They closed down the long term care facilities nearby and we were flooded with a revolving door of people with severe psych issues who couldn’t get meds. Either the untreated psych issues or substance abuse issues they have(most likely due to untreated psych issues) get them picked up by PD/EMS or “fake” suicidal to be seen and admitted to the psych floors to be treated. I put fake in quotes because some knew the score and would allude to it and some may have had actual suicidal ideation or both, but in the end they knew what they had to do to be treated or just get off the street.

They would get meds, get cleared, and then repeat in a few weeks when being off their meds brought them back in. They weren’t voluntarily off them. Our BHS was not long term care so the supplies were short term. Seeing them leave while asking how they were supposed to pay for the meds once the short supply ran out was really loving heartbreaking.

It’s loving tragic. There is no escape for them. It’s part of what made me get out of that place. It was so much human misery that was at least partially preventable.

Some of them would come in when they were clean and on meds and they were perfectly nice people. They would apologize for fighting with us and acting the way they did.

These people can’t function without help. They can’t bootstrap themselves when they are so fundamentally broken. They definitely can’t stay stable without help long enough to somehow get a job with good enough insurance to cover the very costly mental healthcare they need. They are so utterly hosed by the healthcare system it should be criminal. Linking healthcare to employment is so loving cruel.

I just want make clear I don’t fault them for playing the system or think that they weren’t at the very least entertaining the idea of killing themselves. Mental Illnesses are a real motherfucker. Especially if you have nothing and no one.

Yeah well maybe if they were good people they'd be rich like god intended and they wouldn't have any problems.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't actually believe that but a lot of people do and they're a dime a dozen in the deep south in particular. Almost invariably self proclaimed good christians.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

MaxPowers posted:

mods change name of thread to " 2019 make fun of trump thread - Invite your lib human being friends "

If I wanted this much trump news I'd go visit CNN. Or MSNBC. Or any other of those lets make America cucks of every nation out there broadcasting systems.

Heres some real current events for you whiny pussies, we're about to have the third Boer war in south africa, place your bets on who wins.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...did I do this?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

One of my favorite facts about the Iowa class battleships (and probably other ships from that era) is that it had, in addition to the regular bakery, a dedicated doughnut bakery. Just cranking out doughnuts, all day long. Sure, standing watch sucks, but wouldn't it suck just a little bit less if every now and then, someone showed up with a tray of hot, fresh doughnuts and a pot of coffee? We've definitely gone backwards on that front.

Also, along those lines, I did a TAD stint on the Queen Elizabeth this fall and the number one question everyone had when I got back was "you can drink on board, can't you?" Yes, you can. It's got a surprisingly nice bar, and holy poo poo do they make use of it. The gin and tonic was quite good, but the mil-spec wine they serve is pure hangover juice.

They had ice cream on subs I'm prett sre

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

WWII had an ice cream barge for morale purposes.

We thank your mom for her service

e:weird turn of events and wrong thread, sorry

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fallom posted:

Almost certainly yes, but regardless I believe somebody with an ounce of sense in the administration realized they should probably tie the pet building project with the campaign promise to revitalize the steel industry.

but what about all the people who scream about government spending

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

“Why I like that the government is closed: Using financial means as leverage to stir why the government should open with the TSA and IRS showing that these agencies are truely worthless and need to go. This government shutdown is going to expose exactly how many leaches are in the government or depend on the government, which will give almost an exact amount of how much federal employment/programs needs to go, and what needs to be privatized. I like it, keep this bitch closed!”

Yup, this is the response 1000000%

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fallom posted:

Just wait'll the FEDS start SEIZING LAND from PRIVATE LANDOWNERS

What are they gonna do, call the cops? hahahaha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why would you be friends with libertarians in anno domini 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gently caress you ABC

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao

always with the mlk poo poo

He was a republican!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DoktorLoken posted:

He might be an anti-Trump conservative but everything he says is almost always comically terrible.

I don't think there's such a thing as an anti trump conservative anymore.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Trump calls it a border fence and they'll change their tune

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

What the actual gently caress. I have rarely seen a point missed so spectacularly.

They are not a bright people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This world's a loving nightmare and the night never ends.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Huge loving pieces of poo poo god drat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

EBB posted:

Joe has hosed the goat over and over through his career.

He's a garbage piece of poo poo and I hate him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm having one of those "Wait what" moments and I've decided I don't actually want to know more

(libertarians)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

not caring here posted:

If you read the article it gets worse, but oddly enough it's not the cato institute that is the sick gently caress on this, despite the tweet.

Oh well that's a relief!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vasudus posted:

aoc gonna get hit with anti-slavery comments due to owning people so hard on social media it transcends into the physical realm

Fox news gonna start supporting her then?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just saw the...thing...that happened in the AGDQ thread and I'm rethinking my decision to visit SA outside of here and the sports forum.

This means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

Trump has been especially idiotic on twitter today, but gently caress that, here's what I want.

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1084631946574118913

That's a josh if ive ever seen one