Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i will play some 3ds games this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hopefuly persona q2 comes out soon.. other than sekiro, dirt rally 2, and death stranding thats the game im looking forward to moast.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lets hang out posted:

4. Shinrei Jusatsushi Tarōmaru (1cc)

A famously rare Saturn game, feels like something Treasure could have made. Has a lock-on system that lets you shoot enemies on any level but only once your crosshair has reached them. Its unusual mechanics make for some satisfyingly technical play. It took me a while to find a control setup that was comfortable but I ended up having a lot of fun with it. If you're using a gamepad I recommend putting the shield on one of the triggers so that you can hit it easily.

i know this one. it pwns with some really cool bosses and gfx .. but the controls are annoying

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he just said he was turning hard mode off. i never even turned it on in the first place personally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve been playing DMC1 and the camera is the most dangerous enemy in the game. It’s a great game but the fixed camera angles and sudden changes are a terrible idea in such a heavily action-based game

honestly thats not the actual problem with that style of control. the problem is your direction changes automatically when the camera does too. youd think they would do it normally where if youre running in a direction you keep running in that direction even when the camera changes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Just completed "1 and a half foot shorter" mode Leon no grenade launcher SS+ rank at 2:12. Moving on to wheelchair claire hardcore later tonight.

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i do that kind of stuff though. when you find a good game, you should hang on to it, cos its precious.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sekiro, finally .. been busy irl or too tired to game when not. but i got it done .. more data required to see if its truly bloodborne tier .. but i think so

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I got basically an invincible item synergy so it felt kind of cheap killing the dragon... It was the relodestone with a ton of active item recharge and the synergy that causes you to shoot out the bullets you absorb. So I could basically just constantly absorb bullets. But yeah the game is hype and I love unlocking. My favorite guns so far are the Scrambler and the Samus arm cannon.

those are the best guns in the game imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
underrated game imo. i think its way better than nuclear throne. they even added an option to play it at 2x speed for people who dont like the time between rooms etc. i also have the platinum trophy in it which i think is pretty rare. though im probably missing an achievement from the dlc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

nuclear throne and it don't play very much alike. nuclear throne is more like smash tv or robotron and that sort of crap but with in between level mutation perks. and also theres no dodge roll [for children/babies]

i couldnt get into it personally but ppl like to compare them. i own it though so ill give it a real shot sooner or later

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
somethign about the way it played was what put me off though .. maybe the camera shake or the camera following the cursor and stuff. gungeon has that by default too but you can turn it all off. maybe you can turn it off in nuclear throne? i heard they updated it a whole bunch. well id like it a lot more if u could. i dont like the camera spazzing around while im trying to focus

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah you can turn off screen shake and boss intros. the screen shake is a slider too if you want to leave some in for really dramatic explosions

kool. i should give it another go then

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Other guns from Gungeon I like: the ice shotgun, forget what it’s called... the rail gun is really hype. The rainbow crystal gun.. luxor or something, it’s really fun to shoot but doesn’t do that much dmg. I can’t decide if I like Turbo Mode or not and I really hate that candle boss thing on the second floor. Number one run ruiner besides the fourth floor bosses

turbo mode is basically hard mode... but even if you just want the fast movement between rooms, you can set it so it just speeds up whenever youre not in combat

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like im really good at the game and ill die on turbo mode if the run isnt a good one. i mean im not a shmup pro but its hard. the bullets are moving twice as fast

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I think pretty much all the Hollow bosses are harder than the dragon.

the wall is ez with some practise. and the pillars are nothing once youve learned the basic idea. the real boss of the gungeon is the ammoconda on floor 2 imo lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

The bell guy f'ing sucks. I hate that guy.

theres a trick to most of his moves. im over a year since being done with the game and have probably completely regressed to noob status or id record some videos. the ammoconda is just a bastard though because of how random it is. all the other bosses have patterns and stuff, even the lich

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Aston posted:

I love Nuclear Throne but found it hard to get into Enter the Gungeon. I think it was the slower pace plus the learning curve of all the different stuff in the game, I just want to go fast shoot gun.

some of the later updates sped it up a lot .. give it another go if you only played it shortly after release. theres a turbo mode which literally doubles the speed of the game completely or a 2x out of combat setting so you can run between rooms quicker. they added some more convenient teleports too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

do you have to beat it with all the characters for a true ending or some poo poo? i’m done after one dude.

theres a whole other floor after 5 but i cant rememeer what the requirements to get to it are.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN2eh8hkA0

heres me pwning it on half a heart

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ctr remastered 101% on hard (medium = Very Easy hard = loving Basically Impossible btw) .. + a bunch of other games but i just did that one today. ill list them all at some point

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it takes a lot to get a rise out of me but that pinsstripe boss lvl drives me loving nuts. its like that one jump in crash 1 on the bridge level everyone hates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think its probably a better kart racer than mario kart. i mean its not a better game cos it rubber bands with the AI and the powerups arent as good and most of the tracks are ps1 era design. but when u think about where mario kart was at when the first ctr came out ctr was like leagues ahead in every aspect .. respect where respect is due IMO.