Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
is the alexa toilet cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

communism bitch posted:

There was more on that in the UK press. Apparently he was riding about in the back of a hummvee or whatever, got bored, shot all the other people and took the car for a virtual joyride.

lol that owns

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

abigserve posted:

this is the scariest poo poo to me, because to anyone except experts or guys combing jpegs that's a real woman right there

with this tech + that predictive text poo poo social media could be real bad in the very near future. Imagine arguing with an army of people on twitter only to discover that none of them are real. Imagine the damage you could loving do commanding such a convincing illusion of a large group of people.

yeah uh so, first off, congratulations on recovering from your coma. second, I’ve got some really bad news about 2016 to today...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

abigserve posted:

are you guys loving with me or do you legitimately not see the difference between current social media mechanisms and the ability to invent an infinite number of convincing fake social media accounts

i'm just contesting the notion that these accounts being 'convincing' matters somehow. an utterly distressing amount of people lack even a basic level of incredulity for outrageous claims they read online, regardless of the source

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

i'm sure this is a repost but that ad reminded me of this and it is real cool and probably worth reposting

https://vimeo.com/116585007

hmm the embed doesnt seem to work so here: https://vimeo.com/116585007

rad

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Midjack posted:

do most people realize these aren’t real videos? because the twitter commenters sure don’t.

a lot of people reshare those obvious plant photoshops and think they're real. /shrug

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

haveblue posted:

robots, kill your parents. then vote tron paul

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

that's not an excuse actuallly

fwiw mike pondsmith (you know, the principal dude that created the cyberpunk setting that the game is based off of) has been pretty critical of a lot of the takes going around about the game since he's working on it with cdpr. i think it will probably be fine to good and i'd almost guarantee that 90% of the people writing invective against it for clicks now will turn around and call it a goty next year. /shrug

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

As a cyborg, I

Okay fine as a person I dislike the entire idea that my body is somehow lesser because it's got aftermarket parts.

i haven't read the cyberpunk source books but i have read a fair amount of shadowrun (and related works), and I think this is an odd mischaracterization/personalization of the themes of technological augmentation in the genre. i'd suggest that traditional 80s/90s sourced cyberpunk is, very specifically, reactionary against the idea of technological modification on the human body for the sake of "improving" it, be those improvements the ability to hide a ten-inch knife in your wrist or more mundane ones like a telescopic wireless dick (0.25 essence cost in SR). the entire question this genre is asking is 'if you start putting circuit boards and hydraulics into people, are they still people like you and me, who don't have those things?' which, again, is a reaction against the sort of "technology will make everything better!" mindset that was especially pernicious around the turn of the century. it strikes me as odd that someone would read those books and come away thinking they're making a statement about artificial hips or limb replacements (especially as we currently understand them and use them) make you less of a person on some inherent level. the big difference, in my mind at least, is that 'aftermarket parts' for human beings in tyool 2019 aren't really something you choose to have. if your body breaks, cool, in certain circumstances we can make you whole-ish or at least restore some functionality/quality of life.

i'd suggest the closest analogue in modern times to the sort of issues being raised in these settings are the nimrods who are giving themselves exciting sorts of cancers with CRISPR and poo poo, or trying to 'biohack' by only drinking soylent and never making GBS threads (or conversely the people who are doing DIY poop transplants on themselves). with that in mind, i think that maybe the authors are on to something...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

vodkat posted:

Francis Fukuyama being as wrong as possible about literally everything has been one of the highlights of the last 30 years

i listened to a piece about him a while ago, apparently he's done a hell of a mea culpa and goes around owning up to being wrong on things, with the caveat that "well at the time it seemed reasonable but i missed a couple of things"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

a sound plan

:thurman:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

tfw the Skul-Gun is passé

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000010510604.html :nws: for titty machine gun

Looking forward to Horny Wolfenstein next year

5.56? only if she’s 5’ 2”

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

insert catholic penetration testing joke here

turns out they knew about the vulnerability before release, but weren’t able to abort the launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i mean its kinda cute in the "oh god, what have i done" sort of way