Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I'm a fed employee and I also pay into SS. Depends on your pension. The current Fed system relies on 401k matching, ss, and pension. The legacy one was a higher pension, but no 401k matching or SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Do global entry. You can do your interview when you return from overseas through customs in a lot of major airports.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Nm.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

mrmcd posted:

The phrase "Latitude Margaritaville, a Jimmy Buffett-themed retirement village in Daytona Beach, Fla" is extremely cursed and now it will haunt my brain forever.

In all fairness, I sat back and wondered what my Gen X retirement home would be named.

Something all 80s TV themed like Buck Rogers Wing of the Knight Rider Retirement Home Sponsored by Atari.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

If you are considering fed govt, they are rolling out cyber pay. It won't pay what private sector pays, but there is the job security.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/pay/2023/02/opms-special-salary-rate-for-federal-it-employees-narrows-gap-with-private-sector-pay/?readmore=1

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

MrLogan posted:

I am the only Fi user in all of BFC, apparently. :'(

I would, but T-Mobile with vet discount gives a lot of goodies.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I know this is BWM chat, but if you have a 0 percent or more VA rating and kids, California waives state college tuition until age 26. Age 30 if the kid is a vet.

https://www.calvet.ca.gov/VetServices/Pages/College-Fee-Waiver.aspx

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

There has been a surprising amount of this kind of fraud with reality TV shows like Real Housewives. Those shows don't pay a whole lot, definitely not enough to maintain the lifestyles they're living, so they get caught doing mortgage fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion as they churn assets to seem richer than they are. The most recent example were the Chrisleys who are now in Federal prison for the next decade on tax fraud. They did just get a weird $1 million dollar judgement from the State of Georgia for improper prosecution on state tax charges, so at least their commissary account is flush.

Another one went down last year for 13 years. https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/reality-show-cast-member-jennifer-shah-sentenced-78-months-prison-running-nationwide

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Sir, this is a franchisee owned Wendy's.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

rjmccall posted:

No, he enjoys it for sure, and I’m definitely not trying to take that away from him. And you’re right that at least it’ll never be totally worthless. It’s just that he’s brought the coins up before as specifically valuable, and I’m very aware that that market is crashing.

Market down? Time to buy more coins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Baddog posted:

Gotta normalize a quick poop in the tub to trial it out during the house hunt.

Fixed with a better suggestion.