Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

Was Extreme G on Nintendo 64 as good as I remember it being?

Tales of Woe posted:

i rented this game once and i only have these fever dream-ish memories of it that can't possibly be representative of what it actually was

I remember the 3rd game where if you went so fast yoy broke the sound barrier and all the sounds would mute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7DxQShpZs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

*screaming from a hill across a field far away enough so you can barely hear me* foorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitteeeeeeeeeeeeee

did someone say bortnite?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

One way to look at it is that if we say we want more games to have Splatoon 2's content and monetization model, what we're really saying is that we want more games to be first-party console exclusives.

can I say I want more games like Splatoon 2 because they're fun as hell

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

Eh, I mean, there are definitely visible improvements in the launch build that weren't in the demo fork (like a social hub, a squad UI, etc., things we've actually seen in preview videos), but there are also a lot of things that we're just being reassured will be better with no real evidence.

That said, even if every single bug from the demo is fixed (which it won't be), there are bound to be bugs in areas of the game we didn't see in the demo, new performance issues, and the issues with the game's godawful UX are big enough that it'd take a year of concentrated patching to fix.

I think the core game is fun enough to give it a shot even with those issues, but I'm also not paying full price for it at launch so :v:

Really I'm more concerned about bad UX, issues with the mission and map design, and things like that than I am with bugs and performance issues. Bugs can be fixed a lot more easily than core design and UI issues.

I really wanted to like Anthem but the demo was so underwhelming. I got a key for the beta of The Division 2 and everything went fairly smoothly. It felt way more complete than the Anthem beta. I WANT Anthem to be good because then I have another good game to play but I'm definitely waiting to see what happens.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Infinitum posted:

*breaks door and runs into room*
Kingdom FARTS!

*holds nose* phhhhheeeeuuuuuu!

:gas:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

But are you buying the edition with the katana letter opener slash butt plug?

anything's a letter opener if you're brave enough

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Samuringa posted:

You only met with other people in The Division when you entered a hub, wasn't it? I can't recall meeting players in the city but it has been a while.

Correct. The Dark Zone is the only place where you'd run into anyone in the same instance.

I always thought it was funny when you saw someone leave through the exit of the safehouse your were in, they'd blink right out of existence.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

American cookbooks from the 1950s-1970s are almost all disasters

what you don't like ham or shrimp or green bean based Jell-O molds

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Samuringa posted:

They could really go full blown body horror and have new upgrades have Samus mutate her body harder. Instead of a grappling hook, she extends her entire arm and claws the ceilings, she moves around faster in water by spreading fins and so on.

I wish there were more games that explored body horror from a player perspective. There's plenty from an antagonist point of view. Too Human's original pitch was supposed to be like this. You would upgrade yourself with cybernetics but you lost more of your humanity. Soul Sacrifice kinda explores this but the promo material was more body horror than the actual game itself. Graphically at least.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

axelblaze posted:

I thought you were at least trying to be funny with your terminology but NOPE
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1097886168992104448

thanks I hate it also angry gamer is the laziest schtick ever

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'd get that if this were an established franchise and you're like one of those YouTube channels that puts out "EVERY BOSS FIGHT" videos that spoil everything for people the day the game comes out like you're getting a jump on something with an already built-in fandom.

Hell it'd make sense if it were a Mass Effect game because then you could be the first to put out a dumb "EVERY ROMANCE SCENE!" video.

People get hyped to play a new game. First it's from BioWare. Second, it's a loot & shoot and those tend to build up a little more hype I feel. Maybe not.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

When I was like 6 I had crippling stomach pain to the point I was basically crying and screaming doubled over in the fetal position. Got rushed by my parents to hospital. Crying and weeping in the emergency room, brought upstairs sitting in an examination room as the nurses figured appendix or something, I proceeded to let rip the loudest longest fart I to this day can remember doing. Dead silent and then turned to my mum and said "I feel all better now".

Thankfully Australian so whatever I guess.

:sbahj:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

pls do not post how I spend my Sundays

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I think that cat generator needs some work

Nice to see Cyriak is still at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Rarity posted:

Who decided Street Fighter III's soundtrack would all be slowjam RnB and how do I make them suffer?

wtf

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

Talking to the NPCs in HK is a joy

The only change I might (might) make is to move the dream gate earlier and remove the minor cost. HK rules but depending on how/what you explore I think it can be a bit slow for the first couple of hours.

I like talking to Myla :3: :smith:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

hey it's that dog

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

who's left of OG Bioware anyway

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"the one free man"

Edit: Freeman spelled forwards is Free Man

:eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a word for how sometimes the more you try to fight a boss the worse you get at it

fatigue

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Apex Legends has Epic panicking that much huh?

They had Marshmello before Apex but this does seem a little strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

"I'm gay" is eternal

*nods sagely*