Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it literally was tacked on, Kingdom's Edge has a few places in it which are just remnants of cut content. i think one of the updates (Lifeblood?) added some stuff to it like unique props and a boss to make it more interesting

Yeah, that was the update that added Hive Knight. I think they even respawned Vespa if you'd already dreamnailed her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Rappaport posted:

I liked the bee nest. It had a very different feel to the rest of the game, and it was more alive than anything else in Hallownest, except maybe for Deepnest but we don't talk about Deepnest :ohdear: and was a nice contrast. It was another civilization living there, and of course we have to murder everyone because that is the game, but oh well!

That said, gently caress those huge bees who came at you with the drill attack, I hate them and I am glad they are dead.

They were infected. See the orange blood that comes out of them when you attack them.

The mantis bugs are the only non important character that isn't infected, which you can tell because they flash white, not orange when you hit them. Not so coincidentally, they are also the only bugs that have a non hostile state toward you.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Goddamn, I still can't believe Silksong came out today and I've been playing the poo poo out of it. This game is game of the millennium for sure.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Guys, I can't wait to start playing Silksong right after this Direct. That's happening right?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/Theswweet/status/1701710568569336179

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

worm girl posted:

I don't think the best ending to hollow knight is the one where it spends a thousand years in the battle chamber and then kills its sister.

What are you talking about? Hollow Knight staggers outside, leaning on sword. Hornet is unnerved by this and readies herself. That's all we see. For all we know that's as far as it got. Hollow Knight shouldn't be infected anymore, it has no reason to fight Hornet to the death.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It's the actual game, Silksong. Congrats QuarkJets on being the first and only person to ever own a copy of Silksong.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

guppy posted:

In case anyone was wondering, Silksong's release was not announced at the indie showcase (you can also tell this because the thread doesn't have 600 new posts). If you want to see what was announced, the Verge has a rundown here, and there are others as well.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

What about Silksong? Is that worth it?

No, it's absolute vapourware shitshoe

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

turtleface posted:

I never took it off

I was born with clown makeup.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1780219598505144668
So when you sleep in clown makeup, do you have to touch it up every morning?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I mean not really. There are 83 pages here but 70 of them are people getting increasingly annoyed and frustrated at the lack of communication and it has become so synonymous with the game that industry stuff jokes about it. It also means that people are building themselves up to likely unrealistic expectations in terms of quality. (Not that the game will be bad but that the lack of communication means people are left to fill in the gaps themselves, which would lead to disappointment if it ends up being 'only' as good as Hollow Knight.)

Vaporware shitshoe

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1780219598505144668
So when you sleep in clown makeup, do you have to touch it up every morning?

I'm still reeling from how epic Silksong was here. I can't believe it came out today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

repiv posted:

those have their own identity at least, they're not just legally distinct hollow knight

I'd still say they count for Hollow Knight at home