Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The stags survived :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

morestuff posted:

Is that a "meme"

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's coming out tomorrow

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Vapor wave poo poo shoe

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Vapor wave poo poo shoe

Thank you very much, mods

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Silksong is coming out tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

The hell are you talking about?

Seriously. Could we chill with the spoilers? I've only just gotten past Thorn Reef.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

This topic change gave me a drat heart attack

They're just joking, unfortunately. You still need to wait until tomorrow for the release.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

il serpente cosmico posted:

I think they announced the game too soon, but maybe they didn't have a choice since they still owed backers hornet dlc. I guess they could have said "we are working on a full sequel instead which you'll get for free." It takes a long time to make games and I can't imagine they were very far in the process in February 2019.

I hope we get more news soon. This is probably my most anticipated game right now.

Good news: it's coming out tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

so which one is it, is it tomorrow, or january 31st? youre toying with my heart and mind you gently caress

It's tomorrow. January 31st is tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

yeah, i'd like it too so i can skip the rest of this miserable loving year

*chuckles knowingly, and darkly*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nanigans posted:

Guys, the game is taking so long because Team Cherry is working closely with Sakurai to make the Knight the next playable character along with a Hornet Assist Trophy. My uncle at Nintendo told me.

It's not taking that long. It's closer to coming out than Christmas is (tomorrow vs. December 25th)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Zombie Guy posted:

I just started playing Hollow Knight and have fallen in love. Beautiful game and atmosphere.
I'm hoping one of you can let me know if I've missed anything important so far, because I really don't want to stumble on any spoilers.

So far, I've beaten the False Knight and Hornet bosses. I've poked around as much of Greenpath and Forgotten Crossroads as I think I can get to, and I've started exploring the Fog Canyon and Fungal Wastes.

I've gotten the Moth Cape to let me air dash, but judging from the geography, there's got to be a double jump / wall jump item out there somewhere. I've picked up a Charm to give me extra reach with my Nail, but I haven't found anything to boost my actual damage yet.

I've found some NPCs too, and a few shops have opened back in town. I also picked up the Hunter notebook, and started working on that. Have I missed anything important so far? I just don't want to find out that there was a Nail upgrade or something that I've skated past, and I'm making things harder for myself.

The combat has been really enjoyable. A few enemies have given me a hard time, but with some patience, I can figure out cues to watch for, and then it's pretty smooth sailing.

Keep posting your thoughts. Newbies experiencing a game for the first time FTMFW

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Uh, actually it's coming out tomorrow.

??? It came out yesterday

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

dantheman650 posted:

I just finished the White Palace on my second play through and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I remembered. The hallway with the spikes alternating from the ceiling and floor made me angry but the rest actually went super smoothly.

Now I just have the flower quest, King Grimm, and the Trial of the Fool, then I’ll check be done with everything in the base game and ready to check out Godhome, which wasn’t out during my initial play through!

Grimm wasn't in the game at launch. Also, you do need to do Path of Pain.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The worst moment was dropping into the final room and realizing that if I beefed it to these enemies then I wouldn't respawn back at the checkpoint.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Zombie Guy posted:

I am really in love with the whole art design of this game. I love the look of the areas, right from how Dirtmouth feels old and abandoned when you arrive. The little sounds that each character makes really gives them each personality. I keep catching myself humming the song the Miner sings while chipping away at the stone. The anxious, sad mumbling that the grubs make when they're trapped almost sounds like they're saying "why me?"

Anyway, made a ton of progress. Picked up a couple of items to open up new areas for exploration; a double jump item, and a drop of amber or something that lets me swim in acid. I loved running into the dung beetle that looked like a Luchador. Oh, and I did something to trigger an infection of orange stuff all over the Forgotten Crossroads, so that place is a hot mess now.

Does that Charm from the dung beetle do anything else besides make me smell bad?

Do the Charms with similar effects stack? For Nail reach, Soul build, etc.

Yes, yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i dunno why anyone would expect a release or imminent release date, out of literally everything

Probably because some jokers have been spreading lies in this thread about its release (tomorrow?). Anyways, it's not funny and I've contacted the moderators.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Silksong 's concept art comes out tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

Wasnt that the "you cant talk to the doom monsters six outta ten" magazine?

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Foehammer posted:

There was only 1 copy of Silksong released, and Peter Molyneux is still designing the social experiment to decide who gets it.

I got it, because it released yesterday

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

It's "coming soon"

Tomorrow is very soon.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Unbreakable charms don't even help for the hardest parts of the game, since that's all in dreams and your charms don't break in dreams.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

Edit: I booted up Hollow Knight this afternoon while I was waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 to update, just to kill time. I had a save file where I'd Beelined through Deepnest to get the tram pass so I loaded it up and started playing. I decided to put dashmaster on for speed and go get the dream nail. Suddenly everytime I dashed I got this weird rocket-bang noise. I puzzled about this for a bit and wondered about for a bit, bang-dashing around.

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TheMadMilkman posted:

Read a bunch of posts. Know what I want now?

A Hollow Knight inspired Mega Man style game. Sweet power ups from bosses, awesome movement, spikes everywhere.

And now I’m sad because I’m pretty sure it will never happen.

...so you want grey megaman with bugs?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You should try out the hit game I Want To Be The Guy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

Aah. Time has not... has not been kind to me.

We need a window.. Team Cherry. Give us a Window.

*shakes magic eightball* It says some time between today and the day after tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The prophecy came true :stare:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

No.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They told me that they'd finish it up today and put it on Steam by tomorrow

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Diablo 4, Starfield and Silksong, all within the next 12 months 👀

Slim pickings ahead but hopefully Silksong will get us through the fallow season.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It releases tomorrow.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dread kicked rear end. I won't stand for this slander.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

It will be a cold day in hell when I use a controller with the A button on the bottom.

Oh? So you won't play with a... Nintendo 64?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I have many controllers, and simply use the most appropriate one for whatever I'm playing.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wheeee posted:

playing elden ring on keyboard, no mouse, only keyboard

This is literally how I beat dark souls 1 for the first time.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

zelda is good. noobs. much like silksong will be

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Video games are usually significantly lighter.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Calling my shot: 10c per install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

completionism is a disease. Hollow Knight's difficulty curve is designed such that 99.9% of players will eventually reach their limit before exhausting the game, and that rules. i'll probably never beat Pantheon 5 but it's rad as poo poo that it's there if i want to try and perfect my play.

Actually you have to no hit it before you beat it with all bindings to make it glow a special way to perfect the game.