Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Payndz posted:

'Miraculer' aired. Good episode with some proper character development for Chloe (hell, she is the first person to successfully fight off being akumatised! ) that helped reverse the rolling-back of her personality to its S1 default in earlier episodes. I was even surprised by the ending: At the start, Ladybug and Cat have agreed that Chloe can't be Queen Bee any more, but Ladybug just can't seem to find the right time to break it to her. Action, fights, Queen Bee proves herself and helps save the day... you'd expect that Ladybug relents and lets her stay part of the team, right? Nope!

It was just jarring that the heroes now know about Mayura and her 'sentimonsters' (a word never before used in the show) thanks to, as always, the mixed-up airing schedule. She was apparently supposed to reveal herself in 'Reflekdoll', but that hasn't been shown yet. :sigh: At least it followed 'Oni-Chan', otherwise we'd be wondering what the hell had happened between Lila and Gabriel! (Speaking of Lila, it was fun seeing the master manipulator being used herself without even realising it. Gabe is such an rear end in a top hat, and gleeful about it.)

Yeah I wish Reflekdoll had aired first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

delfin posted:

Hey, I just saw your PM and feel like poo poo for not noticing it for a month, so consider this a ping that I responded.

Other stuff: Reflektdoll (or however it's spelled) got delayed again. Big surprise.

This is weird Reflekdoll was supposed to be the one that introduced Mayura's Monsters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BioEnchanted posted:

The constant secret keeping frustrated me until I realised why it mattered for Ladybug and Cat Noire but not the others - the other Miraculouses are cool but not disastrously powerful, like no one's looking to steal the Last Chance. The Creation and Destruction ones however are terribly dangerous if they are brought together - if they knew each other's secrets, then if Marinette or Adrien got Akumatised, they'd just have to break into the other one's house and steal the other miraculous and game over.

Yeah, like it makes a ton of sense for the secrets to be kept due to the nature of the villain. If Marinette is ever akumatized then they pretty much instantly lose, as Ladybug is needed to purify Akuma.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Craptacular! posted:

Didn't one of the "Cat Noir went crazy" episodes something like, "I've never used this destruction ability on someone before"?

I've always sort of thought the writing requires Ladybug to purify akuma because this is an all-ages show, but they kind of nudged the audience to there were other, murderous avenues.

They can destroy the Akuma container. However that means that the Akuma will just go out and seek new hosts and multiply the original villain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it's more a safety thing. If you know the identities and are Akumatized, then it's kind of an auto win for Hawkmoth. So ideally it would be safer for it to be passed on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/rebabuhr/status/1508129739491356672

Man, I still like the show, but gently caress this production.

Good news it looks like a bunch won’t be leaving after all the whole Cast is getting a raise.
https://mobile.twitter.com/rebabuhr/status/1510310240939511810

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Payndz posted:

This universe's USA also has missile silos concealed everywhere.

5x02 'Multiplication' - after 'Evolution', which was basically a time travel romp, this has Monarch slow down after his humiliating defeat and take the time (lots of it; I think it's the biggest time jump in the show so far, which remember has in its entirety taken place within a single school year) to plan things out. And even though he technically didn't accomplish anything... he still succeeded! (I guess Mrs Tsurugi is working with him now, because she had to have been lying about not having the Mouse Miraculous - unless the new Alexa/Siri rings link them somehow.)

The rings link them to Monarch and allow him to share a Miraculous power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well he has a new name now he's Monarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Also if Kwami’s can apparently renounce their holders why doesn’t Nooroo just tell Gabe to gently caress off?[/spoiler]

I assume the owner can just refuse.