Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sobble’s :aaa: face

Super excited for this. I could not give less of a poo poo about Let’s Go but I will always, always be down for a new core Pokémon game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Caidin posted:

I want the Rival to be a shitheel again. Enough of this friendly competition horse hockey.

Maybe Pokebritain will give us our first passive-aggressive rival

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

pokemon’s been out for over 20 years and it’s all been building up to wooloo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I soft-reset for a shiny Poipole and then gamefreak played a cruel joke on me and released it for everyone :shepface:

Now I probably won’t be able to transfer it over for the foreseeable future :negative:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MoaM posted:

No one really complained about R/S/E (outside of the internet) because by that time the bulk of us Gen 1 / 2 'rs moved on to real life. Not being disparaging, just pointing out that a lot of Gen 3 people were like....new players.

:thunk:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Plot twist: the Galar Pokedex includes every pokemon

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Beachcomber posted:

Trying to think of any Pokemon that get cuter when they evolve and so far I have Gloom and Cutiefly.

Cottonee

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Iron Crowned posted:

Yamper is going to be a trash pokemon

That’s what people thought about pachirisu

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

oddium posted:

there have never been any pokémon except the ones in galar

woah...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I’m sad that even if beedrill makes the cut, he won’t be able to go mega

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Watch Landorus sneak his rear end in

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

FRLG Softboiled Clefable still lives :woop:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

indigi posted:

the tpose wingull look very stupid but I bet they won’t look like that in the actual game

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

doublepost, but this is unrelated to previous discussion

my brain is currently being extra dumb and wants to play through johto again
is there any benefit to playing Crystal nowadays, or should I just go look for my copy of Heartgold?

Crystal on 3DS is great for getting hidden abilities but other than that HeartGold is the way to go.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Parrotine posted:

No not my mega beedrill! :cry:

This.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

you know, playing USUM, you forget, just how god awful the learnsets are in pre-gen V games

feraligatr, the physical water type, only learns aqua tail well after the elite four.
you can move-tutor it on there, but only from the battle frontier in the postgame. for 40BP.

(yes you can also just stick waterfall on there, but again, that's not until the eighth gym, what the gently caress)

And yet for some reason, like every gen 1 pokemon can learn fire blast

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Violet_Sky posted:

Also, the fandom's negative response is kinda stressing me out. I just want to play Pokemons not get angry or sad. :saddowns:

It’s definitely going to get review-bombed by the usual suspects

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Oxyclean posted:

IVs are dumb as poo poo and should be removed entirely and that's a hill I'd die on. Find a more sane way to have hidden power change type.

Just let an NPC change your HP type at will. It’s so weak that it’s only really useful for hitting 4x weaknesses anyway.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Flopsy posted:

Chimecho.

Remember when people thought this thing was a legendary

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

even despite my complaints, i will still play this game and find it epic as hell

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty even Game Freak doesn't know why Heatran exists.

It existed so my lovely teenage self could give it a choice scarf and win without strats

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nth Doctor posted:

So I have a well reasoned and nuanced viewpoint that is sadly lacking in the marketplace of ideas:
Ice cream good. Trash also good.

:haibrow:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I have all kinds of random shinies but the only one I’ve actively hunted for was Poipole because shiny Naganadel being a giant bee is cool as hell.

Imagine my pain when gamefreak gave it out for free.

Imagine my pain when I can’t bring it to swoshi.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Spatula City posted:

Good thing Black 2 has our good friend the flying golem :3:

Golett and Golurk are insanely powerful designs

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ngl, I’ve been playing since Red and Blue and I think USUM Hau is the best rival in the series. I don’t think Hop is gonna surpass him, maybe in Gun he’ll be cooler.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

rivals from best to worst:

Hau
Barry
Gladion
Bianca
Cheren
Hugh
Blue
Silver
Wally
May/Brendan
Calem/Serena
*a pile of dead bees*
Shauna/Tierno/Trevor

This.

Gripweed posted:

oh no way the aether foundation is evil. I can't believe it, there's no way the guys who dress in all white sc-fi military uniforms and live on an evil sci-fi spacestation island could turn out to be the bad guys

The bigger twist is that Wicke is 100% how she presents herself.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

yes

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, making Gallade male-only was a mistake, IMO. I like sexually dimorphic Pokemon when they're inspired by animal sexual dimorphism, but not when they're inspired by human gender roles.

Edit: Well, I also dislike the lack of an evolution for male Combee. I understand the biological logic of it, but having 87.5% of all Combee eternally stuck at 244 BST was a mistake, IMO. Maybe they should get an ability and form similar to Wishiwashi's Schooling. Or maybe an item called Royal Jelly that turns them female.

A pokemon that’s just a massive pile of bees would be pretty awesome

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Star Man posted:

What I want to know is why a national dex of approximately 1,000 Pokémon was the straw that broke the camel's back and not 386 or 721? They even added in four new Pokémon just for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

I think it’s cause they future-proofed the models and then immediately made a mechanic where they made a separate model.

Though I don’t think anyone would give a poo poo if non-galardex pokemon and megas simply couldn’t dynamax.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bleck posted:

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about dynamaxing one way or the other

tru

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sharrrk posted:

i think dynamaxing is dumb and don't know why they feel the need to keep making new gimmicks every gen. mega evolution was good and they should have just kept going with that

:haibrow:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I hate that I’m a fuckin slave to this franchise and will be buying this day 1 at midnight

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

abomasnow has already been confirmed as in, luckily, because it's just that fantastic

mega-abomasnow, however, has been shot and thrown off the top of Mt. Coronet

finna cry

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

TheKingofSprings posted:

starters are on the whole worthless

feraligatr is a cool gatr and he has sheer force, and anything with sheer force makes my eyes light up like that i sleep/real poo poo meme

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nodosaur posted:

what the HELL does that have to do with whether or not he was personally involved with the development of Pokemon Black & White or not?

I feel you’re trying to prove something that doesn’t even matter bro

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zuzie posted:

This is assuming that PR hasn't been scared off by their loud and entitled fanbase.

their fanbase is children and has been for 23 years. i think this corporation is ok.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

oddium posted:

It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.

I like all these horror mega evolution pokedex entries and then pinsir is just hype as hell to have wings

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Annath posted:

The Something Awful Forums>Games>Pokémon Megathread: That's Very Dumb

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nodosaur posted:

why is Pachirisu "Hoenn Form" when it's from Sinnoh

It’s hard to keep track of all these gatdang pikachus!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nodosaur posted:

I don’t see how Ash staying 10 is any different from the fact that Bruce Wayne is still in his mid thirties after raising three adopted sons to adulthood with zero overlap, but by golly, the world seems to find the former harder to accept than the latter.

Ash Ketchum is a code name and there are multiple Ash Ketchums