Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

If Scarlet keeps setting her wigs too low for the whole three, maybe four episodes she lasts, I will find her and snatch them off her head, wherever she is. That's gonna drive me fuckin nuts.

[e: that's not elimination-order spilled T, just prognostication. I smell a Gia redux.]

spite house fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A'Keria's giving me Good At Drag Race. I don't think she's gonna get intimidated or rattled, seems like a grownup.

Yvie and Adore oh my goddddddddd why wasn't there more of them?

These are some justifying-rear end bitches. Watching everyone stammer excuses on the main stage made me flash on Tim Gunn barking "DO NOT DEFEND THE SHOE TO ME". This show has been on the air since the Cambrian explosion, people, have we really not figured out that we are not to defend the metaphorical shoe to Ru? Jesus.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Whalley posted:

Soju makes a living reviewing Drag Race and thought "what if I intentionally do a formless mound of tulle, but Korean" would fly
Sewing an actual hanbok would have been a piece of cake, too. They take basically no fitting and I found half a dozen YouTube how-tos with one indifferent Google. Come on, now.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

But please, let's have another Beyonce. It'll work out eventually.
"Don't do Beyonce on Snatch" is like "don't wash off the patina" for Antiques Roadshow and "don't put chocolate in the dough or you won't be able to tell if it burned" for GBBO, and as such, people are going to keep loving trying it until the heat death of the universe.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

They're a delightful queen named Hungry and I need drat near everyone to do a Transformations with James St. James because they're almost always an absolute hoot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXpy-rURysY
I think we've had six pages of a new Drag Race thread without me or any of her other filthpig goon groupies gushing about how awesome Christeene is (though Yvie did!), so here's her Transformations which is the best thing ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C7thhfWTs

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Tendai posted:

Vanjie manages to be over the top without being annoying and it's an art form and I love her :allears:
It's because she can read a room, and it is an art form. (Astrology is total bullshit, of course, but this is reputed to be a Libra thing.) She also might be an actual genius, just in general.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Vanjie was amazing but the right one won imo, Nina ran that poo poo all the way and her runway was great. What a pro.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I just noticed the Frappuccino in the goddamn logo.

Was that both the best and the worst team improv challenge in fifteen seasons? I think it might have been.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Whalley posted:

Everyone (except Mercedes) was really good.
Hey, even Beyoncé and Kelly have to carry Michelle... (fuckin Vanjie.)

I was thinking about why Yvie being confrontational in Untucked didn't bother me, apart from that I'm painfully in love with her in general, and I think it's this: I'm normally really impatient with people who insist on everyone being 100% honest all the time. Social fictions exist for a reason, including that there'd be way more violent murders if they didn't, and "just be totally honest no matter what" types usually operate from a fearful place -- they hate the thought that anyone might be putting one over on them.

However, I don't think this is true of Yvie, esp given the smoke-break conversation. She's trying to make this glittery bullshit fiesta useful, as an exercise in good human-development practice. I haven't seen anything like that on the show before -- Drag Race almost as sequestered spiritual order. She's a weird one, and I kinda wish more people were the same flavor of weird.

spite house fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 17, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

esperterra posted:

Vanessa's great because not only is she super funny, it's the whole contrast of this gorgeous, polished queen who looks like a sweet classy bitch but she opens her mouth and a gay trucker falls out.
Vanjie doesn't get enough credit for being really pretty even though she really is. That beat is one of the best. And you're right, her whole thing wouldn't work nearly as well if she weren't.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Her runway looks, haven't been the most flattering. Her torso is too short and wide for a cropped top, especially when paired with a high waist, but her wig game and makeup are on point
Jesus, yeah. People with short, square torsos can't wear short, square tops EVER, and I'm speaking as one similarly afflicted (watching drag queens has actually helped my personal style out a lot, because even though I'm a cis woman I'm built like a boy with bolt-ons. Drag workarounds can be educational). Her paint is always just great though.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

I deserved that. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to body shame.
Oh no, I was being completely serious. All bodies are great, some looks don't work as well on some bodies, Ariel's silhouette picker appears to be miscalibrated. (Edited because I sounded body-shamey and didn't mean to. But man, the short square torso struggle is real.)

spite house fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 21, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Yvie. Robbed.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nina's witch was SO GOOD. We were HOWLING. I don't remember hardly anything else apart from not hating Scarlet's Creature from the Black Lagoon.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

Ariel falling down was the only interesting thing in that lip sync; otherwise it was two boring performances to a boring song. Glad Shuga stayed though.
It was indeed pretty lackluster, but Shuga's got the actual lipsync part of lipsyncing down. I live with a semi-professional singer who says that she's the only one this season who's ever looked like she's actually singing, with a singer's physicality. Unfortunately it's a technical oddity that isn't particularly compelling in isolation.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

esperterra posted:

clea duvall can still get it
She was in my carpool when I was a sophomore in high school and was so unutterably cool, like the late-nineties version of what every hipster girl on the planet aspires to today, that I don't think I said a word to her for the whole year out of sheer terror.

Later on, when she was coming up as an actress and I was making a halfassed stab at it, we were adjudged to be a similar "type" so we were sent out for all the same commercial auditions and got to talking and I learned that she is actually very genuinely cool and nice and I felt like an rear end in a top hat for having been afraid of her in carpool. And I ran into her at Jinkx and Dela's Christmas show last year and she is still very cool and nice! So there's that.

I haven't watched this episode yet and I'm dreading it, but just wanted to shout out the second person I went to high school with who's been mentioned in this thread, after Dominique from Stolen Babies.

spite house fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 20, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

A few months ago I saw her at Casita del Campo in Silver Lake
Total total side note, but are you an Eastsider? I'm in East Hollywood but one of my best friends lives in the Swish Alps right across Hyperion from CdC and we can usually be found rotating between there, Barbrix and El Condor hoovering up happy hour specials. Small ol' world.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabbSMxUFaA&t=105s

Jinkx with an insightful take on Vanjie's predicament.
Jinkx is never not insightful and I kinda want a Pop-Up Video-style overlay of their commentary on my entire life.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

Cher is one of the kindest people I've ever worked for
This made my day to hear. I REALLY wanted Cher to be nice, and I'm so glad that she is.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

This is gonna be stuck in my head forever.

She's the real deal. I'm so glad.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I just want someone to pull a wig rip reveal where they have a bald cap underneath with condoms full of fake blood in-between the baldcap and wig so when they pull the wig off it’s someone straight up scalping themselves onstage and then they just spend the rest of the lip sync lying on the ground in a pool of blood twitching.
Oh boy, an excuse to post A Good Lipsync (please forgive extremely unevolved event name, they've since changed it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYy1Rw0TFQU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A God drat Ghost posted:

Neon Calypso did a performance of a poem called "Capitalism", I looked it up and found a clip of her doing the same performance at Nightgowns, here's the video. I found it really moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHQEwSqiIVI
Everybody watch this