Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I stan for Pan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Scarlet was giving me serious Tammie Brown vibes. I can only hope she's as nuts as Tammie.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
poor Soju, that was rough.

Soju : Kim Chi :: Monet : Bob

Silky has Eureka syndrome where she's trying too hard to be extra and the center of attention and it's obnoxious. Dial it back by a third, girl.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

zelah posted:

Mercedes ain’t even African American.

uhhhh

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Jr. posted:

DRT never ceases to amaze me with how drat good the performances are. Even with less budget they actually know how to use it, and the challenges are actually challenging. I had to catch up on the last two episodes and it was an absolute joy.

I'm so glad I started watching. It's out there for free and it's actually doing the things RPDR is trying to do (inclusivity, representation, big ideas, heartfelt revelations, fun concepts). Sure you might miss a bunch of cultural references but that's just a window into learning about Thai culture.

also, we are all in love with panpan (art is great too)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Vanjie’s schtick is 1 level below Silky but saved by not being a total piece of poo poo. And funny here and there. But overall it’s dull. Does she have anything else other than being loud and in your face? Hopefully. The sparkle poo poo is lame.

the difference is that Vanjie has a weird gravelly-voiced charisma while Silky attempts to create charisma by physically assaulting the guest judges

edit: like, picking Miley Cyrus up and spinning her around and later humping Guillermo Diaz is not cool or remotely classy.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 20, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
This is the Latrice Conundrum. She came out wearing the same exact silhouette and style and was justifiably roasted for it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

resting mitch face posted:

Colonial Sanders.

Dr. Silky, PhD

lmao

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
scripted acting and musical challenges are almost always garbage on this show, this ep was no exception

YEAH!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

GrandmaParty posted:

God. Drag race Thailand. I'm loving gooped.

Absolutely loving batshit that Kana Warrior made it in. Especially since she loving volunteered to go home a few episodes earlier.

Oh my God. And then the other girl they brought back just murdered every single challenge since she came back.

Goooooooped.

And two trans women in the finals oh my God

marry me Pangina Heals

(DRT owns and is so much better than the original Drag Race)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

The 'is there something on my face' moment was also a big to do on set iirc and much longer and more awkward than shown in the episode. There's also a general air of 'don't talk unless you're on camera' and 'don't talk to ru unless it's on camera' in general on set and iirc she goes into that some in her Hey Qween interview, where you can get most of the T.

e: after the HQ interview also i think pearl mentioned the WOW producers calling her up basically to say she'd never be asked for a season of All Stars lmao

Early during production, the cameras stopped filming for a bit and Pearl told Ru how much she idolizes her and how much it meant for her to get to be on RPDR. According to Pearl, Ru then told her something along the lines of "nothing you say matters unless the cameras are rolling." This gave Pearl the impression Ru is kind of a cold bitch who doesn't actually care about the queens, she's just there to film a show and get paid. This sparked tension between them which eventually came to a head with the infamous "is there something on my face" scene.

Pearl said all this and more in an interview on Hey Qween, after speaking out RPDR producers called her and said she'd never be on All Stars.

Basically, Pearl spilled the T about Ru being kind of a lovely person and mostly being in it for the check at this point.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

i know ive been saying it for four or five seasons now but Ru needs a new hairstylist. Michelle's works overtime and it looks amazing but Ru gives the same boring ol look week after week

Ru is boring, get Lady Bunny to host

edit: also Bun Bun is very sharp and into politics, she's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOxdReoQjvg

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 7, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Ra'jah: I'm super good at dancing, I have a lot of experience. *fails spectacularly, choreographer reads her to filth*

also Ra'jah: Sometimes you just have to be humble and grow from it.

edit: lol Ra'jah saying she's a lipsynch assassin

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 11, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Brooke's outfit was better but imo it didn't embrace the challenge as much. The only two outfits that really gave me "farm" were Ra'jah and Nina's.

Ra'jah was a good TV villain but byeeee

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Just now watching untucked

Yvie is pretty confrontational but she's also correct.

Silkie's outfit being "stretch fabric with beans on it" YUP

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

Yvie certainly is correct a lot of the time, but that doesn't make it fun to watch for me. You can be confrontational and accurate and still be entertaining. She just comes off super aggressively and then immediately gets defensive when people tell her she's coming off mean.

Yeah, she's kind of giving me a S10 Vixen vibe. She's mostly correct in her arguments, but she's more confrontational than makes for good TV, it's not cute.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

Probably because that usually means you've lipsynced 2-3 times and it's time for you to go anyway

I think the rule of thumb is if you lipsynch for a third time, you're going home. Ra'jah lipsynched four times.counting the six-way

edit: and yeah, surviving three lipsynchs does not make you an assassin, Ra'jah is totally mediocre at lipsynchs, she's no Jujubee, Kennedy, Peppermint, or Naomi Smalls. That's taking things the exact wrong way. Hmm I've been in the bottom three times but I'm still here... I guess I'm great at lipsynchs!

also I hope Yvie can use some of that Ru money to get stem cell treatments or something :unsmith:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 14, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I stand by my words. If you watch that and go, "meh, she's mediocre" id like to sample whatever it is you're taking.

It was a decent, high-energy performance but nothing that really wowed me or that puts her anywhere near lipsynch assassin status. Also she somehow lost her tiny wig.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Haven't watched the ep yet but today I learned that Brooke's real-life last name is Hayhoe and I love it

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm pretty tired of big girls relying on fat jokes

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
holky gently caress Brooke's reveal on the runway

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

lgcty5 posted:

I can't even with that lip sync. First time I've gone back and re-watched one in a longgggggg time. Also loved Silky's face after Ru's lip sync assassin comments...

My first thought was "lol I hope Silky keeps spouting off about how she's ready to throw down in a lipsynch"

I mean, I'm sure Silky has a couple tricks but I have a hard time seeing how Yvie or Brooke won't trashcan anyone else this season in a lipsynch

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
there is no goddamn excuse for not bringing a well-rehearsed Snatch Game character

"I don't really do impersonations" is not a loving excuse

you know Snatch Game is coming. NO. EXCUSES.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Silky is not a Republican, but she's registered as one for very dumb nonsensical reasons

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

A God drat Ghost posted:

Just a note, but Silky doesn't actually have a doctorate. She said she had a master's and was considering applying for a PhD program. Not like it matters, anyway.

I skipped untucked this week after all the screaming last week, plus I'm guessing Silky will be unbearably smug in it so I'm just leaving that one, should I watch?

as someone who completed a PhD this has actually kind of pissed me off

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don’t know what it will take to make silky lip synch,

Don't worry, Silky is always ready to lip synch for her life!

Can't wait until she's up against Brooke or Yvie lol

at the risk of my being impolitic... Silky seems like the answer to the question "What if Eureka, but black and worse at runways?"

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

Silky vs Feeling Inappropriate Picking People Up Like, Every loving Episode

at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Silky lip synchs, picks up her opponent Mimi Imfurst style, and Ru finds it hilarious

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
the show has had tons of trans women and non-binary/queer queens

saying trans performers should be segregated into their own TV show is basically arguing "I'm against inclusivity" which is dumb and wrong and shameful

edit: like as much as Ru wants to define what drag is and isn't, it's always been political and counter-cultural and extremely trans, so gently caress you RuPaul you're not the boss of drag

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 4, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
that elim was dogshit

Silky's runway is bad, literally falling apart at the seams, half the girls say send her home, then her lipsynch is extremely messy.

Nina's runway was at least well-constructed and had a good theme, her lipsynch was boring but not aggressively bad like Silky's.

lol at Silky's wig toss, almost tripping over her falling-apart outfit, then she does the splits and I'm mentally playing sad trombone

edit: I actually would've put Yvie in the bottom with Silky, it would be pretty justified and then you could watch Yvie crush Reverend Dr. Assaulting Guest Judges

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 10, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

czg posted:

Xposting a bit of Willam from the Interior Illusions Design thread:

"I love big clocks"

lol

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
holy crap, Gothy Kendoll is a cute boy and girl

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I think I might need to wait for subtitles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I can't imagine Baga was intentionally being nasty, probably just nervous and making excuses which ended up as her absolutely roasting her poor mom. That was rough to watch.

Give DDC the crown pls