Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Just don't use Alien as a distraction while your kid is running a high fever.

It has some long term effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Re: The cat. That's bullshit. It's long been held that xeno reproduction requires a particular size/mass to the host to infect. Also it's a cute cat and probably the only decently drawn thing.

I hope Marvel gives up on any future stand-alone Alien comics, because this comic, as a whole, is trash.

I thought the cat was how the company knew everything, it was a spy. I guess the weird scars means its infected.

It's...not a very good comic so far.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The flame turret is goddamn fantastic against Aliens and pathogen.

Completely useless against synths though.

No one likes hot milk.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The same team is making a Robocop game, given how much Terminator owned it'll be good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You forgot to add the part where the chest burster may have imprinted on the sick protagonist.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I wanna say it had a rococop with TWO guns at once and that's the only thing I can remember about it. It started off with some tv movies?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I picked up Fireteam Elite again now that they've ironed out a lot of the bugs a from launch and while it's not a good game it's pretty fun. The environments and sounds are straight out of the movies which is pretty cool. It's pretty similar to the recent Terminator game where you can tell the team behind it had a passion for the franchise.

It fun mowing down droves of bug.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You can watch both, it's okay.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

If you want a good Aliens comic, read Labyrinth. Or hell, if you want something contemporaneous to Dead Orbit, read Dust to Dust.

And if you want a really bad/mediocre Aliens comic, read the current ongoing series from disney/marvel.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Predator tech doesn't care about friendly fire, as shown in Predators lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's totally in the comics.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fairly sure they said they wanted Glover for Predators but couldn't, so we got Fishburne instead.

Edit: Dredd owns because everything is in continuity, every single cross over. Its great.

Azubah fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 27, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I always merged that section and space mountain as a kid and was terrified of going in either ride lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It was a limited run games release if I remember right. I have no idea why it wasn't the usual super edition that most publishers release.

I think it also had an additional bonus of dead space 2 depending on the platform. Gonna be funny if they remake dead space 2 and it comes with dead space 3 lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That sounds more like an interactive story than an Isolation follow up.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Seconded, but if they ever do a sequel, I'd like them to branch out a little with it since even most people who loved the original felt it went on too long and became repetitive. Many even learned to kite the AI that made it so great and terrifying. I'm not saying to turn it entirely into an action shooter but keeping the concept that these fuckers are REALLY hard to kill along with a grizzled, armed Space Marine trying to anyway (or HAVING to) would add another layer to what's already some amazing gameplay.

Multiple Aliens that are still a motherfucker to deal with but CAN BE if you're smart. You'd still have to hide, craft on the and use stealth but maybe up the action a bit. Basically, follow the Alien ----> Aliens template from the movies, preferably without the squad element unless you add a coop feature. Maybe you're the last Marine standing but you find the dead bodies of your colleagues and can loot them but ammo and health are still scarce and the LAST thing you want to have to do is try to kill one or two of these motherfuckers or get swarmed by facehuggers.

Final boss fight = The Queen, obviously, and then you've got to make it out alive.

Add in the hive awareness mechanic from Descent, could be a good balance with playing someone with the firepower to kill a bug or two.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think an issue is that it's hard to get over how dumb they are when the space truckers in the first movie are not dumb.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think one of the alieb vs predator vs terminator comics is a sequel to resurrection, it wasn't very good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He was really good in stranger things.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The haunted mansion joke was solid.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

We're gonna see a predator murder the poo poo out of some nazis and that is awesome.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Has anyone used a katana against a Predator before? because thats 10000000% happening :getin:

Probably an epic cameo from Hiroyuki Sanada

We got that in Predators

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Predators is fine, feels more complete than The Predator.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I have the Kenner Ripley figure in a closer somewhere, looked pretty cool as a kid.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think it's also a sequel to alien resurrection lol.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Anyone hear about that Robocop: Rogue City game? It's on sale on steam and it has pretty stellar reviews. I'm sure I'll pick it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1681430/RoboCop_Rogue_City/

It's from the same people who made a terminator game a few years ago, it was pretty good too!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It would be really funny if the xenomorphs were just giant cats and if the humans just treated them like cats they wouldn't get murdered so easily.

I know everything in the movies says otherwise.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

You know it's gonna be a Wild West setting

What if it's based on that kung fu tv show of into the badlands? Wu shu fights against predators.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't think people really get a choice to survive a xeno encounter, the best is going out on your terms like in the miner fan film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUMsMaVhnQs

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

lol the new predator comic may have just brought back Dutch's brother.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

On a related note I have discovered the key to enjoying AvP 2. I realized that AvP 2 is essentially "What if Aliens and Predators fought in Dawson's Creek" and >bam< just like that it's a super fun movie.

And if you could see the movie it had the potential to be a fun movie lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I didn't want to bring up the What If? because it was....odd and I wanted to give it another issue or two. These are usually 4 issue arcs.

The last Aliens one was stupid and I thought was a waste or two arcs.

Predator I'm hoping leads to something fun because of the final reveal.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Peyote Panda posted:

I've enjoyed speculating over the years about how the Space Jockies' purpose in collecting Xenomorphs was completely at odds with humanity's. Maybe they were pets or livestock, maybe the eggs and/facehuggers were a culinary delicacy and the Acheron derelict was the final resting place of a farm-to-table operation that met an unfortunate end.

This kinda happens in the old comics lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The android plot in the Alien: Black, White & Blood was pretty drat grim this issue. Just cold number logic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There's been some duds, but I like how Disney has handled the aliens and predator comics so far.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

New Aliens vs comic was announced, they're up against the avengers lol

https://ew.com/aliens-vs-avengers-marvel-comic-jonthan-hickman-preview-8635180

Not the authority reboot I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I've read the current issues, so far not that bad. No dream stuff.

It's still going to end poorly for Burke though lol