Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

F1 2018 highlights, and I can't believe it's me that has to post something useful ITT

https://streamable.com/b6z9l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidpoocati posted:

:siren::piaa::popeye::popeye::pcgaming: New Mary Berry series on the BBC about quick cooking :siren::piaa::popeye::popeye::pcgaming:

hahah omg thats lit fam

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tuo posted:

I can't wait for - <checks notes> - Kwyat..... - <checks notes again> - Gasly to outqualify him.
This is really a post making GBS threads on Dan, since Max stomped him in quali over the season.

Max is going to own in 2019 and beyond.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I got to the episode in Netflix's F1 thing where they all just start making GBS threads on Grossjean.
It made my day better.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tuo posted:

I'm quite sure there are much better things posted on some discord that I don't know, but I used this last night when F1TV didn't work:

it's :reddit:, so yeah, but I found it yesterday, found a stream that worked, and everything was fine, so there's that

Can't link to :filez: ITT or SA in general - if someone can't find it after a general discussion about it's existence they can look at a blank monitor like a smooth brain.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jellied eels taste like someone going "Stroll driver of the day" in your mouth.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Team progress*

* - term not applicable for all teams

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Yearly reminder Australia is a poo poo hole country of convicts who made an appropriate circuit and the performance there shouldn't be looked at too hard.
Leave the OMG NO ITS ALL OVER to reddit lads and ladies.

The 5 races following it are actually fun and good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Yeah but Villeneuve won despite the fraudulent German trying to kill him
A sentient puddle could have won the WDC in that car - the Williams was often >1s a lap quicker.
Noted extreme fraud and national embarrassment Villeneuve barely clinching it is one of the saddest travesties in the history of the sport.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Holy poo poo gasly is bad.
+0 places in the first three laps starting 17th in a RBR.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Banzai 3 posted:

I’m really enjoying the pockets of air coming off the edges of the rear wing at speed. Anyone have any idea what that’s called?
It's just a visible vortex.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Good work Renault.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lap 13 and Gastly has only gained places by retirements. Starting 17th.
How is this not all the commentators are talking about lmao.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lando a good replacement for Nando.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Verstappen's going to stay out til he's lapped Dan lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Max is the power of my dreams.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sky not realising ghastly has been behind Kvyat all race.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Leclerc being read his contract over the radio, no doubt.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Man if max hadn’t of put it in the dirt. This season is going to be weird and dumb and I can’t wait
Wouldn't have mattered.
What Sky aren't telling you, because they're too stupid to know it, is Lewis was "so slow" because his speed was to counter Max's late stop strategy.
If he'd have tried to keep closer to Bottas Max would have walked by him in the last few laps.
By backing off he gave himself enough rubber to fight Max off.

His gap to bottas is completely irrelevant.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

His gap to max was 1.5 seconds and dropping with 12 to go. When he poo poo the bed and went in the dirt it was 3.5 with 6 to go. Max managed to close that gap again. He had the pace. Lewis didn’t have the rubber to hold him off for 10 laps
It wouldn't have mattered, you can let the gap get down to 1.5, which Lewis did, then hit the gas to keep it above 1.0, which he did.
Lewis said he had it covered so this is exactly what was happening. Max said the same.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You Am I posted:

Wirth I thought you were a good bloke, but now going for Max, I gotta question that
Max owns.
Dan got out-qualified by his new mid-field teammate then broke his car before the first corner. Shouldn't blindly choose your drivers based on nationality IMO it makes your brain smoother.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hmmm.

Nico grew a beard in 2016.

daslog posted:

:captainpop: Lance is better than Gasly :captainpop:
Kvyat's going to be in that car by Spain. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a car capable of a podium.
He wasn't even pushing Kvyat for the first 27 laps.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lewis clearly lost enough pace he was never going to take the lead. At that point it was more important to pace his tyres to make sure Max late-stopping didn't see him pass him at the end. The gap to first is an irrelevant number.
I don't understand why, three years in, F1 journalists don't understand tyre management is half this formula and Merc's Achilles heel when pushed on it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Are we doing this now or wt the end of the season
Don't be a coward you're clearly doing it now.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Weird story of the day, Honda engineers can actually smile:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Where’s your Toxx you max loving bitch
I toxxed for Max already.
Might make some more but not in a rush to make bad toxxes like yours.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Nah you just made some weak sauce ones that have no chance of coming true. Shameful.
If I can't post, I can't fulfil my promise to post about Max more.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It being "only the first race" makes no difference - you get the same points for each.
If you're OK with them pulling team orders at race 19 to keep the championship challenge closer, you should be OK with it in race 1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

OhsH posted:

haas purposefully hosed up pitting in australia to create a tradition for themselves.
Ironically it broke because they were so concerned of a repeat of last year, that when there was an issue the wheel gunner went OTT on the force. That's why it sheered off several laps later and wasn't an immediate drop off.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is that a hover kiss? His own wife is fake kissing him for a photo without touching him the way a Hooters waitress would do with some random drunk twat?
He processed this encounter like any robot would - he grew a beard to finally touch his wife.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I, for one, have faith in the incredible scud studs to produce the best car on the grid again.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

zelah posted:

Is this pronounced skuhd studs or scood stoods?
Time will tell.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

Like a loving idiot I decided to follow Khablam's advice and venture to my local Lidl.

Naturally, I found Dutch retarded twink bullshit merchandise, pursuant to our esteemed posting colleague's horseshit opinions:

Naturally, this piece of poo poo that was clearly engineered in Buttfuckshire, England chewed my face to pieces but I was able to salvage a good, hardworking Italian lad's look and end up with a Sebstache:

Also, I picked up some of their famed cheap, amazing, delicious meat:

As well as a packet of caterpillars taking a poo poo with a dog jerking off to it:

The meat tasted like rear end, but my own dog (who does not act as a mascot for packets of caterpillars taking shits) approved, but then her breath smells like poo poo and she sniffs the arses of other dogs, so do with that information what you will.

https://i.imgur.com/n09R7bJ.mp4

Theophany's Lidl rating: 3/10.
That's an overly harsh review, you just bought poo poo mate.
You're meant to buy beer, cheap beef, wads of bacon and chocolate.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

We could all use a pigeon that tries to stop others making GBS threads in mid air.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The only unbiased and non-poo poo reporting on F1 is ITT.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

ROLLED OUT THE SUCKIEST PIECE OF poo poo
The more things change . . .

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Realtalk: if you want a non-merc WDC this year you're going to have to accept Ferrari using Leclerc to give Vettel as big a chance as possible.
Maybe even give Vettel some of his blood.
An emaciated Leclerc stumbling onto the grid with gel packs strapped to him to make the weigh in.
A Vettel, reinvigorated, doing the crazy frog again.

This is the only good future.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Max is the greatest thing to happen to this dumb sport in the last three years
Glad one other poster ITT sees sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sad lack of BMW ownership in here.
Sad.