Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am here to pay my respects for independent professional wrestling. Thank you for a good op and the opportunity, MRT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

I watched Nate Webb drink spilled beer out of a man's hair at AIW tonight, just wanted you all to know

Edit: I should confirm that this happened.

Were you over by where Joey Janela and Nate Webb were walking through the crowd during Webb’s entrance, by the time Janela got to where I was he was dejectedly saying “I thought this was supposed to be everyone vs everyone” and I didn’t catch what happened.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 27, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

AIW tonight has been pretty wild

God I hate that I hosed up leg and I had to miss that show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Congrats to the Quitman for completing his career goals after leaving the fed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Why does Bishop keep trying to kill people in the Odeon?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It would have been better if it were last year and it was just Bad Boy vs. Bad Boy. But the Good Guy Tama Tonga (remember to vote for that for gimmick of the year) was worth it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

ellsworth is a pedophile. if anyone forgot, or didn't know or care. read this post

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Uh, first off, wow.

Second, we are one step closer to a GCW Mox produce show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Is Josh Barnett actually good? I only know him from terrible New Japan commentary

His match with Suzuki at the first of his Bloodsports was loving aces, and otherwise he is solid/middling Inokism MMA/Puro guy who is over forty.

You've heard him so you know he can't really be good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

J-Ro posted:

I love Sekimoto so much.

Seeing him live in a tiny music bar in Lakewood, Ohio packed body on body was loving magic.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Glad to see Court Bauer found some loose change from running shows and offering poo poo contracts to buy an article.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those are all bizarre dream matches I didn't know I needed. Thanks insane principal.

:agreed:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't the excuse that it was the tenth anniversary of WWN & the first Dragon Gate USA show? (Which is obviously silly & dumb still)

Which was still like a month off of being true.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

What's the general consensus on Danhausen? I've seen several of his matches and a bunch of his social media stuff and I'm entertained. Him and Effy as Gaytanic Panic was pretty fantastic.

I wanted to be a hipster and not like him because he was generating some people in PSP saying he should get signed to AEW, but then I somehow ended up with four pieces of his merch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
in 2020 the G in G1 doesn't stand for Goto it stands for Gage.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Nick Gage is one of the most charismatic wrestlers you'll ever see live. His music hits and you can't resist screaming at him to kill his opponent and it makes you want to stab a cop caller.

Can 1000% confirm this feeling every time I have seen Nick Gage enter, and in my experience the smaller the venue is the better the energy is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

joey janela booker of the year 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah it feels like an actually clever little elimination match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Big Bidness posted:

Two separate Ohio factions and AIW doesn't book anyone from either one anymore. Which is why I like AIW.

:yeah:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wait, is the 44OH group named after State Route 44 (which basically runs from the lakeshore down into no man's land)?

??? Is that what I, someone who has lived his entire life in Ohio supposed to glean from your faction name?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Area code 440 appears to cover a large swath of Ohio. Maybe that's it?

oh god, that makes so much more sense while also be so much stupider. The traditional Cleveland area code for interstitial branding is 216, because that is the area code of the actual city proper, while the suburbs and boonies of Cleveland all have 440 area codes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy poo poo it is real, they are free.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

cant believe the exalted one was nick gage

#JoinMDKGang

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Mance Warner has that to some degree. I think Matthew Justice would have it if he didn't have a soul-deep stoner vibe. I think people who have it these days often have it tempered with a bit of humour.

(sidebar, does anyone else have difficulty telling Josh Briggs, Matthew Justice, and Jake Something apart?)

No because Matthew Justice is the one that hates his own brain more than anything else in the world.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Please let him keep the one where he and Orange Cassidy get high and beat up wrestling school trainees

that one is probably my favorite, I agree.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Just read the radio commentary and I actually might be sold on the idea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There used to be, back when there were Ren Faires, an old ren faire carnie tradition of doing the fight shows buzzed and mostly nude after the faire had closed with an audience of friends and fellow carnies lit only be car headlights. I imagine a similar energy will fill this wrestling show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

thanks to RSP and co, I'm convinced everyone from ohio is bad.

define bad because I can't exactly refute your initial premise without clarification.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, bad as in dirtbag scum. Yeah, that's right then.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Did the NWA split already?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

They just signed a handful of indy wrestlers lol

They need more because the indie wrestlers keep catching COVID.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ah, Joey Janela also found the first clean result on "wwf wrestlemania png"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It seriously boggles my mind that there are going to be people traveling to Florida to create a super spreader event because the WWF is holding loving WrestleMania there and that is enough for the usual WrestleMania circumstances to begin to shake back into place.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m hoping rsp retains and we get 44OH’s Spring Break

If so it better involve a bunch of people from Texas (for some reason) in Ohio to see Lake Erie (again for some reason)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Gotta say the idea of a 44.OH Spring Break is funnier than a pandemic Spring Break if they actually go all out with it.

They would be forced to only book people from Texas, because that is who spring breaks in the 44.OH zone.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

the guys dont get paid for poo poo so they give like 50% effort, it's the mlw stink

Court Bauer Energy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

just got a spam call from area code 440 and i shuddered a little bit

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, basically unless the show is on a Wednesday I'd expect Excalibur to be on commentary. (And scouting talent)

And, you know, given who makes the schedule PWG probably won't be running days Ex can't do.