Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
this isn't the first time Herr Guyovich has attempted to stuff discussion of Trump - Russia relations into a containment thread, but it is the most convenient excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Typo posted:

who killed JFK?

Rafael Cruz sr

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SickZip posted:

All the talk of Iran-Contra and I've never seen anyone post about the revelation that George HW Bush was the leaker who revealed it to the world.

That was a twist that even conspiracy theorists wouldn't have believed. The reveal that one of the biggest and most illegal conspiracies of modern political history was revealed because it was stepping on the toes of an even deeper and more illegal conspiracy is one for the ages

you'd think that, but the actual revealer was jeb!.

pretty good for a 32-year-old

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gresh posted:

It is in the realm of conspiracy. #ReleaseTheFullReport is basically "Release your long form birth certificate" at this point. Its loving unbelievable how many people still won't admit fault and move on.

this is a bizarre talking point, as is the convergence on "long form birth certificate"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cargo cult posted:

The premise for the second chechen war is an actual for real false flag, not like 9/11 which is typical CIA and State department bungling and arming radicals and eating poo poo for it

On 22 September, an explosive device similar to those used in the bombings was found and defused in an apartment block in the Russian city of Ryazan.[3] The next day, Putin praised the vigilance of the inhabitants of Ryazan and ordered the air bombing of Grozny, marking the beginning of the Second Chechen War.[4] Thirty-six hours later, local police arrested the perpetrators, who were discovered to in fact be three FSB agents. The Russian government declared that the incident had simply been a training exercise, and the agents were released on Moscow's orders.[5]

probably not a big deal or whatever

wasn't there another 'terrorist' bombing that happened after the government announcement of it?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Helsing posted:

Trump's entire persona was to more or less "lean in" to any criticism. He did the exact same thing when Jeb! tried to attack him over his criticism of George W. Bush and his handling of 9/11. When Bush said "my brother kept us safe" Trump had no problem saying "no he didn't, the attack happened on his watch". That's not something you're supposed to be able to say in front of a Republican primary audience in North Carolina, but he said it and won the debate and went on to win the primary and then the presidency. And I think that's the light in which his comments about the Russians should be read. For Trump any conversation is about domination: when somebody accused him of being friendly with Russia he therefore understood the best response was to embrace the criticism and turn the whole thing back around again so it would stay focused on Hilary and 'but her emails".

Also something that a lot of people cannot quite accept but which is quite obviously true is that a lot of Americans have a stronger and more visceral hatred for some other part of America than they could possibly have toward any foreign country, which is a big part of why trying to associate Trump with Russia wasn't very effective.

the russia investigation won't find anything, and if it did it won't be anything important, and if it is talking about it is pointless

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

greenwald status: totally exonerated fully vindicated

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Helsing posted:

If the Russia-gate poo poo had been covered in a more measured and proportionate manner then this highly predictable outcome wouldn't have been so devastating or demoralizing.

I for one am actually fairly vastated and moralized by the report.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

taqueso posted:

The coincidence just seems like the way things would go down. Did you expect the killer to be a black person that was fighting for civil rights? That doesn't mean there can't be a conspiracy, of course.

Yeah, I would be totally unsurprised by either FBI involvement in the assassination or none at all.

On the other hand we all know the FBI conspired with Elijah Muhammad to ice Malcolm X.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

because of mueller's FBI cutting that plea deal with epstein, trump is now immune from prosecution for the actual crimes there is legit reason to believe he committed. so what in gods name are you talking about

it's extremely questionable whether that immunity clause applies outside of whichever-office-handled-the-Florida-case, and in fact that's quite plot relevant for

you know

why Epstein is currently right now in jail

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

You will never convince me that there’s nothing shady about Epstein’s death

Dunno whether or not I believe that someone went in his cell and mercd him but at the very least, the last person to see him alive left him with a sturdy sheet and a wink

and it could even just have been a guard who doesn't like mass rapists of children

i'm agnostic on who had him murdered / functionally murdered, but the absolute floor here is "guards knowingly allowed him to kill himself for guard reasons"

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 11, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

It's not like it was his first time going to jail for trafficking underage girls. And prison wasn't exactly hell for him the last time around, with the authorities bending over backward to give him every kind of special treatment they could think of.

Conditions weren't nearly as nice this time and the feds were clearly annoyed by the previous deal.

The NYT article is paywalled but I think this might actually have been his first time in Proper Jail.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i was in the process of getting annoyed about this but then clicked the little question mark under my name and realized i've only made some passing comments about Epstein in this thread

I'm agnostic on [committed suicide / was pushed to commit suicide / was killed] [by the guards because they didn't like him / on the orders of [god loving knows who]], and am disinclined to accept anything short of a really thorough investigation as 100% true for sure.

On the plus side, the FBI going after him a second time is a good sign and they generally get annoyed about people killing their witnesses, so maybe the Pedophile Conspiracy isn't out of the woods yet even in terms of the normal functioning of federal law enforcement. For eg tomorrow as far as us peasants go, I wonder if this is a call-your-congressman sort of thing, or just a public-sentiment-torches-and-pitchforks sort of thing.

Willie Tomg posted:

Anyway, a slave trader and bipartisan bundler who built a temple to Poseidon was taken off suicide watch and then killed himself during a camera malfunction. It's all probably just a coincidence though. He just wanted the easy way out, bing bong so simple

:rolleyes:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BrandorKP posted:

It doesn't matter if he killed himself or was killed.

Yep!

Willie Tomg posted:

Nah man, we've got America's best and brightest on it, we've got *briefly wikis US DoJ*

Oh no. Oh god no... OH GOD NO!

well then i guess that leads to an obvious conclusion of where i'm going to arrive at, doesn't it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

meh none of this is proven and frankly discussing russian election interference is a distraction from the real issues, such as anything that does not involve russia

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

piffle and bullshit, the 'ukraine whistleblower scandal' is just a conspiracy theory meant to draw attention away from important matters

the democrats' obsession with it just proves that it's trivial at best, and more likely total nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i do quite like that helsing of all loving people is deep into the epstein conspiracy

i'm not even saying you're wrong there, helsing, i'm saying you're credulous when you like the conspiracy being proposed and will go to enormous lengths to be skeptical when you don't like it