Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why bother protecting them though? Are they thinking they can get a political dynasty going here?

Well for one, all the actual profitable corruption has been specifically directed through his kids (using family for this is literally corrupt presidenting/prime ministering/dictatoring 101) and that poo poo has been profitable on a scale of hundreds of millions. So there's both a potential, and likely tbh, financial incentive for keeping their names clean. There may be some hope still of passing the political reigns down to one fo his kids at some point, but at this point, Kushner and Ivanka have profited way, way more off of this presidency in absolute terms than Trump sr himself likely has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zenguitarman posted:

Kind of surprised Trump Sr had the insight to realize the special investigation was going to be bad for him tbh

Also a thing innocent people say: OH MY GOD I'M hosed

not that hard of a leap for even a complete idiot to go from "I have done a bunch of crimes" plus "someone is going to be looking into crimes I have done" to get to "oh poo poo"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Weigel is a lawyer now?

Seriously Joe, come back we miss your posting.

That's joementum, who exclusively posts in the spam.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Reads like a scene from "Downfall."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ok initially I was going to joke that Barr never read the report hence the half-assed redacting, but now i'm pretty sure nobody in Trump's orbit read it, and I mean why would they. It's over 400 pages that's "too long" according to most GOP politicians :v:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1118915032002306054

Here we go

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

here's the other reason you can just immediately punt on impeachment hearings
because now he's embolded
and he surrounded by even worse people

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What a complete tool

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Glenn sounds like a Tokyo Rose at this point.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TulliusCicero posted:

What a complete tool

Why does anyone defend this guy again?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The actual literal words in the report are that he is not exonerated wtf is wrong with these people

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Just lol

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pellisworth posted:

I listened to an interview on NPR with Bill Weld. When asked what the most important thing he'd address in the first 100 days of his presidency, he emphatically said spending, we need to cut government spending it's out of control.

The problem I have with that line is that normally when someone says it they intend to cut this spending in education and public works/aid. It's just one of those lines like when Republicans shriek about government being too big but then want government to control everything from who gets to enjoy their human rights to which countries deserve to exist.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

/

That statement my god

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Glenn is a mess. Glenn is a waste. He literally sacrificed all his integrity to stan for Donald loving Trump.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

I wish Evil Weasel still posted.

Me too. Someone should urge him to post here again.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ReidRansom posted:

The actual literal words in the report are that he is not exonerated wtf is wrong with these people

the truth does to matter anymore and you need to adjust to that reality. most people do not care enough to ever verify what they claim, and never will.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 18, 2019

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

At least he gave K.C. Green credit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/1118918294797463554

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/josh_emerson/status/1118897764195348480

The bottom line is that Mueller is a cowardly piece of poo poo who didn't step up to the historical moment.

Well, yeah. He's a Republican.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws/status/1118916873435750400

hey Trump Draws is back, it's been a while

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Herstory Begins Now posted:

/

That statement my god

Honestly it sounds like something Lex Luthor would write

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Some value his work during the Obama Administration and give him more credit than he deserves now. Some (incorrectly) think if the Mueller investigation found anything it would be a vindication for Hillary that would show she was actually a great candidate all along, so kind of fall backwards into an anti-anti-Trump posture.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/acosta/status/1118918820217880576?s=21

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there any way to make an ever expanding :lol:? That's just loving amazing :allears:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

The problem I have with that line is that normally when someone says it they intend to cut this spending in education and public works/aid. It's just one of those lines like when Republicans shriek about government being too big but then want government to control everything from who gets to enjoy their human rights to which countries deserve to exist.

mostly I thought it was shockingly tone-deaf and ignorant, he didn't mention healthcare once in the ten-minute interview

yes, Bill, what American voters care most about is spending. you clown. you utter buffoon.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Cabbit posted:

Because 1, he's done some legitimately great and important reporting in the past, 2, he's being insanely brave by reporting honestly about Bolsanaro's fascist policies while continuing to live in Brazil, and 3, his critique of channels like MSNBC overselling Russiagate had a lot of truth to it.

That said, yeah, this tweet thread is positively deranged and he needs to log off for a bit. It's basically "lalala there's nothing there lalala."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

It was always really notable that someone as ambitious and spotlight hungry and completely drawn to anything that could possibly increase his profile as reince bumped into the Trump administration and was spooked so badly that he just completely disappeared from anything to do with trump. Like yeah he was unceremoniously fired, but something spooked him enough that he just quietly disappeared off into the sunset

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

mostly I thought it was shockingly tone-deaf and ignorant, he didn't mention healthcare once in the ten-minute interview

yes, Bill, what American voters care most about is spending. you clown. you utter buffoon.

I mean does anyone expect Bill Weld, VP candidate for Libertarian candidate Gary "What's an Aleppo" Johnson (2016) to have actual good policy ideas?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jarmak posted:

Anyone who reads this and think Mueller isn't saying Trump obstructed justice and is referring him for impeachment is immune to subtext, like if he had taken an ad out in times square bracketed by neon lights it would be more subtle than what has come out so far.

In the Mueller report:

-Obstruction of justice isn't required to be successful to be criminal
-The only reason the investigation wasn't obstructed was because Trump subordinates refused his orders
-The only reason Trump's subordinates aren't in prison is they refused his orders.
-There could be even more evidence for obstruction but Trumps team lied/deleted things
-The reason we're not making an affirmative declaration of obstruction is because constitutionally we cannot prosecute the president and only congress can make that decision
-Really guys, our lack of reccomendation has nothing to do with him being innocent, we totally aren't saying he's innocent, just that it's congresses call.
-Also, just in case you're curious, when he leaves office we can go back and decide to prosecute, no reason we'd bring that up jus sayin'

I mean come on

edit: oh yeah, and Mueller takes time to point out why a bunch of defenses the president's allies have been making in public are bullshit.

But...but her emails?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cabbit posted:

the intercept is one of the better politics/news sites (some oft he writers actually dunked on him at an event making joke sabout him being late because he must be on tucker carlson's show).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Found a bombshell in here, always read the footnotes!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Found a bombshell in here, always read the footnotes!

hosed up if true.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Guessing a lot of the "HOM" stuff is anything Stone-related, as caught here by cross-referencing with known stuff:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1118919726183456769

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Majorian posted:

Joementum is not evilweasel.

Doh

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Remember when Senate Republicans were still getting a lot of credit for being honest brokers in the early stage of Trump's presidency? Turns out Burr's just a more competent Devin Nunes:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1118918701745672193

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/1118918478088556544

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1118919513188241409

For gently caress's sake, Dems

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

No Safe Word posted:

Guessing a lot of the "HOM" stuff is anything Stone-related, as caught here by cross-referencing with known stuff:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1118919726183456769

Stone and Assange probably.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

FizFashizzle posted:

I wish Evil Weasel still posted.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Looking forward to all the "according to the report" stories in the next couple days. Journalists must love this thing.