Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
SW:FTFY
SW:IMHO
SW:ROTFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

boar guy posted:

my twilek's
cis het

i'm boba
the fett

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Back then, you see, robots were slow-moving, stiff, and a little on the uptight side."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgAj_olai4

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Torquemada posted:

Okay, how about this: Rey and Kylo face off against the Emp. Emp force rips out Kylos balls and Reys ovaries, uses the force to squash them into superdense protoplasm which quantum tunnels its way back though time to land in Shmi’s womb to be born as the mystery baby with no father Anakin Skywalker?

Imagine Kylo's balls on the edge of a cliff. Time works the same way.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

We apologise again for the fault in the sequels. The directors of the firm hired to continue the sequels after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The sequels have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Llama

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lofi posted:

I love the whole "the saga will end" bullshit of the trailer, as if it's going to be the last ever star war.

Yep. Disney built a theme park that's half New Order and half Resistance.

It won't even be the end of either one of those.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ikanreed posted:

Gonk droid. How are you gonna get power supplied from a donk. Makes no sense.

:wink:

fake edit -- alternately:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
The first time I remember Empire being discussed as the best was in Clerks, viz:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA&t=15s

I don't know if it helped establish or was reflecting the nerd consensus.

The last time I got asked which one was the best as a SW litmus test was in 1998 (by a guy who'd never seen Clerks).

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Obi-Wan: We had our words, a common spat. So I kissed him upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat. My name is High Ground.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I have a bad feeling about this... movie.

This post made me laugh a lot.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Beef City posted:

I pray to God every single night they bring back jarjar and turn him loose into the horned up gently caress machine he was born to be.
Just a Godfather III esque trek through the nightmare realms of what havoc Binksboi can wreak on asses with that wicked tongue

"oh, meesa horny"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
What is the sound of one hand being chopped off by a lightsaber?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
like Yoda fighting Dooku, just absolutely beating Ben's rear end and doing hella flips and spins

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Kit Spliffto
B'omarr Funk
Puff Puff Bossk
Herbaceous Lung

Bib Fortwenta

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Smokeuss
Bongar
IG-420
Chiba Fett

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Colonel Cancer posted:

I don't think those sand people even have a court :shrug:

mods? MODS?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mozi posted:

well my name's 3po and i'm here to say
flying safely is everyone's responsibilitay
when you make that hyperspace jump
you gotta be sure to buckle up
stow your items 'neath the seat ahead
and don't lower your tray table - keep it up instead
now here's my buddy r2d2
to play a little song for you!

[does the robot]

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I haven't watched the second episode yet of the Mandalorian yet, but the first episode is the best thing since Jedi* (a low bar, I know)

*not counting the Thrawn novels and maybe the Tartakovsky shorts

also

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you are going count Thrawn novels you should count KOTOR, Tie Fighter, and Jedi Academy3: Jedi Knight 4: Dark Forces 5

I only played like one of those but also yes from what I hear on the streets (the Star Wars streets)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Kazak posted:

Samurai Jack is good though??

:emptyquote:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Maclunkey."
Good joke. Han shoot.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
and his astromech, Dia-Beetoos

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

:lol:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

poisonpill posted:

Man imagine the guy who played Porkins forty years ago finding this thread that is literal pages upon pages raggin on him

alas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hootkins

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Voting Floater posted:

lol Belly Run cuz he got a fat belly.

it's because he did the run in less than twelve porksecs

fake edit:
porksex

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Archer666 posted:

*insert gif of Spaceballs: The Flame Thrower here*

finally, a place for my blue milk

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Irrelevant marketing like this is so confounding. I went to Kroger a while back for groceries around when TLJ was in theaters and picked up a Dole salad mix of all things that had Rey on the package for some reason and I was like "Why????"

Dole
Rey

me

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
OK. a friend of mine is generally geeky, but has somehow never seen any Star Wars*.

what's the consensus on viewing order? Machete order? I've discussed this with other giant goddamn dorks, but never expected it to actually come up in real life.

*except the Ewok movies, lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

skasion posted:

the blogger that invented machete order explicitly founded it on the idea that Star Wars is Luke’s story and the Anakin stuff was just an excursus to explain the “I am your father” stuff. But this was in 2011. The sequels put paid to that notion. Star Wars is about how the galaxy sucks rear end, war is a racket, lasting peace is unachievable, civilization disintegrates and good people fall into evil before occasionally, temporarily backsliding (frontsliding?) into good. Also merchandising.

I forgot that he excised 1. hell with that noise now

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
that Han Solo in carbonite really tied the room together, man

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What DO people want to see from an Obi Wan series? I have no idea what they'd do but my ideal would be like "Highway to Heaven" in space

holy poo poo, this is now what I want

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Owlbear Camus posted:

I worked with a black gentleman who had an understandable distaste for the first leading black man in a star war having "fear and running away" as a major component of his characterization after TFA came out.

My bff and his kids just generally cashed out based on the "Droid, please!" scene. (And the ten minutes that lasted forever at the end of the film, to be fair.)

Lots of Imperials have a British accent. I still don't understand why Boyega had to change his to play Finn.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Just Chamber posted:

Don't Imperial Officers tend to have British accents and the Stormtroopers tend to be American?

I didn't think about that. Good point.

Just Chamber posted:

Or maybe him being British would clash too much with Rey's accent?

But I assumed it was this.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the voice/accent thing I brought up earlier, plus the Fett replacement talk, reminded me that Harry loving Shearer voiced (but did not play) a dude:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Khurgee

I apologize if I either already posted this or am reposting something I read in the thread recently. it blew my mind really hard

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Gutcruncher posted:

I loving hate the changes to that scene and it has always blown my mind that people are okay with it. Instead of speaking to a mysterious shadowy perhaps inhuman figure, Vader is now speaking to some guy on a sitcom set. And that doesnt even get into the dialogue changes that were done because they assumed you were watching the movies out of order.

the original Emperor visual was apparently an elderly woman with chimp eyes cut in. and the voice actor was different, which I never realized.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/marjorie-eaton-the-original-emperor.50033425/

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a brief timeline of my thoughts during that clip:

hmm, they are doing Ep 6, because here is the speeder bike chase

the launching is cool bc I am in a sense forever 9 years old

oh wait now I hate everything again

thanks for reading!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Q: Why was six afraid of Star Wars?
A: Because 7 8 9.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/rian-johnson-knives-out-review

this is review of Knives Out! is kind of rambling and chirpy in general, but I'm posting bc of the take on TLJ:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's it I'm gonna build myself a better franchise, with star blackjack, and star

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I got a pocket full of clones
and they won't leave my rear end alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I originally read this quote on SA years ago, but

A Star Trek fan is someone who loves Gene Roddenberry; a Star Wars fan is someone who hates George Lucas.

also, I like reading the technical film stuff