Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is there any point in playing this before the 21st?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Ended up playing a necromancer up to 35. Doubt I stick with that for launch but I'll probably still go with the acolyte and then do warlock or lich. Probably warlock. Leveling to there was fine and easy overall. I have to agree with the folks that say spells and abilities lack "oomph". It's definitely noticeable coming straight over from finishing the D4 season journey but it doesn't really take away from enjoyment of the game. I'm excited to play this in a few days.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Is the "impact" feeling a sound thing?

It's definitely part of it but not all of it. Obviously two very different class types, but my D4 charge barb is slamming into things while screamin, poo poo's exploding, you're satisfyingly bonking things with hammers, etc... What little summoner necro I played in LE felt like he was just saying pew pew when casting things. Necro in D4 didn't feel like that. I'm sure it takes an insane amount of work to nail that kind of feeling down.

It didn't really detract from enjoyment of what little I've played of this game though. Any improvement is just a huge bonus.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does your previous legacy character lock that name for reuse?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know they said they were as prepared as they could be, but this is probably just blowing their wildest expectations out of the water as far as the number of people trying to play.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

DangerDongs posted:

Poor one out for the homies who used PTO for today.

This ended up being me, but it's more diabeetus cat related since it was likely this was going to be a poo poo show

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I still get online not available or stuck in connecting

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
warlock is pretty nutty right from the start

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

I'm having loving 5 minute long loading screens now.

I was getting that, then I got booted in one of them and can't get back in

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Pro tip, while waiting to load the next zone, you can run around and farm xp.

Then you can stand around after you've killed everything on the map because holy poo poo the loading times are hosed.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think it's taking around 10 to 15 minutes to go between zones. This weekend is gonna be rough.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
holy lol reddit is so mad about this game right now. I've been annoyed by the 20 minute zone transitions but the world isn't ending.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
whatever they did to the servers seems to be working

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yo, please let me borrow that from you so I kill myself slightly less on my warlock.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

with no exsanguinous =

Still having an absolute blast of course.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

xZAOx posted:

Unlocked empowered monoliths today, at level 85.

Got splattered pretty hard, even with maxed res.

Gonna have to figure something out here, heh. Beck to normals for now!

Yeah, I might be in the same spot. I can do some things in them but I'm dying way too much.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Slowing down a bit has helped in empowered monoliths. Slightly less "whoops, you have 50 stacks of bleed!" that way.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Straight up OP builds are fun as gently caress and every class/mastery should have at least one.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

I finished the first mono timeline, unlocking two more.
Should I jump straight into one of the other timelines, or should I scrape the first timeline for those tasty Unique/Set nodes?

Consensus seems to be push to empowered and then farm that stuff.

I slowed down a ton and have stopped blowing myself up as much. Still pucker up a bit when harvest fires off in a big rear end group of enemies though. I'm farming the chest nodes in the one timeline to hopefully get exsanguinous but I'm getting everything but it so far.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

so hows bleed warlock, able to do everything? falconer is fun but i wanna do some DoT action too

It's good. I don't even have a pretty vital piece of gear which causes me to kill myself somewhat regularly so I have to play a little slower but it's still a blast.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
How far out is everyone taking monolith levels before resetting?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
also make sure you don't have 3 points in the chaos bolt from fissure talent. It's just too much

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Baller Ina posted:

Gotta say, not thrilled with how every endgame activity doesn't allow for mistakes and ends immediately if you die even once. Just went through my first dungeon and died to the boss's opening attack because I didn't know how to dodge it and that's a wrap until another key drops. Guess I should have read a guide ahead of time? Didn't sign up for hardcore mode, lol.

This is definitely one of my bigger gripes. Best part for me is that it also causes me to lose my connection to the server and boots me out of the game

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So they nerfed selling arena keys for gold too? I hadn't really done that yet, but making gold for stash tabs isn't exactly great, especially on a warlock where you're way ahead of where the gold is dropping.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't pick up random junk but I'm always way ahead of dying things and therefore miss a lot of gold as a bleed warlock. Stash tabs get expensive quick too. They apparently said they'll lower the cost of them by 25% with the next patch to compensate.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

Welp, finally hit my ceiling. Can't do empowered monoliths or tier 3 dungeons without better gear, but better gear does not drop. To get more survivability, I'll have to drop all my mana/regen so I can't even use fissure anymore. I'm not even sure what's wrong with my build, I have all the right skills, skill points, passives, etc. I have all my resists capped. I just only have 1100 hp and fall over sometimes.

also wow dungeons are loving spiteful. You die and it crashes your game and logs you out.

Like others said, post your build. I have a tiny mana pool and way less health than some others but have been successfully running a low life bleed build even before I had some of the required pieces and had like 2000 ward. I'm up to almost 6k ward now though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

Just figured out how to import my build, that was surprisingly easy!
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/Qqw3EjMo

I just went through a bunch of stuff to try to get all my resists capped, so I'll have to upgrade a bunch more to jam more health in there. The main problem is that I feel like only a few base items are even worth looking at, AND they have to drop with a high tier resist AND can't have 2 useless prefixes, so it feels like I almost never get upgrades, and when I do, they barely feel like upgrades

I'm trying to transition to a wand + off hand, but the wand I'm looking for is a Warrior's Crystal Wand. I'm also trying to get a Coven Robes for a torso. Eventually I need to get rings with dex, or opal rings with +2 all attributes so I can switch to specializing Harvest.

I think my gloves, neck and boots are more or less where I want them, though I probably have to get new boots with Hybrid Health since I just learned it can only be on gloves, belt and boots, and I've heard this belt is pretty good for my build so I won't be upgrading it for a while.

I do have some questions about afflictions. The guide says I want "chance to apply Damned on hit" since it'll get converted to Bleed, so wouldn't it just be better to have bleed in that slot? And are my spells still necrotic spells, even if I have a node that changes them to physical, since it doesn't actually change the tag when I mouse over the skill? Nevermind, fissure is still necrotic, the node changed fire to physical, chaos bolts goes from necrotic to physical and fire to cold and the tag does change to reflect that.

I can't look at your stuff since I'm at work, but this reddit post covers my thoughts on resist vs hp/ward pretty well. The only resists I have capped are necrotic and cold. The rest of them are super low. I've had minimal issues with this through empowered monos up to the 130 or so corruption level. Focus on hp first, that will keep you alive more than resists early on. Crit avoidance is huge though and I also don't have that anywhere near capped out to my knowledge but still do just fine.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Noper Q posted:

The thing that killed me over and over in the Emperor of Corpses fight is the blood pools. They're hard to see under all the visual noise, what little effects they do create don't match up with how much damage they deal (when normally this game is very good at doing the "flashy attack means big damage incoming" thing), and they're at the far sides of the screen where you may not even be able to see them until you're teleporting away from the boss's big AoE and suddenly you're standing in a barely-visible damage field that kills you in a tenth of a second.

It's not the best design, is what I'm getting at.

I always love it when you hit the point where the bad circles never disappear so you have to guess if you're good or not.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What corruption level are the t4 dungeons comparable to?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

My resistances are still so low. Working on an omni but I honestly haven't had a ton of issues outside of certain mobs on some maps. Specifically, the packs of Wengari dudes that throw at you will chunk me pretty good. I also can't stand still for longer than a chaos bolt cast because I'll get stunned or whatever that one noise indicates and get chunked that way too. Right around 250 corruption.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Cut back on cold

This build wants to stack cold resistance

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

It's a candles joke

and right over my head

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think what happens is that you still stack ignite or whatever on that boss and when you switch to the necro shield the fire just blows you up. Probably a bug?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I just think the spike in boss difficulty from t3 to t4 is too much, especially with it being one and done. It sucks breezing through to the boss to get clapped 20 seconds in and then you have to do it again to figure out the pattern. No thank you.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Suprfli6 posted:

I've still never completely accepted that most loot that drops is a screen behind me, and with how much value there is in exalted items that is tough to deal with.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm sure I miss a lot of things even though I try to play where I can see it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think my only big wish for CoF is one of the tiers adding boss drops to the general loot table or prophecies or something.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tonetta posted:

terrible rolls but just still goddamn

Still haven’t seen one of these or an oceareon yet. I’m doing as many ring prophecies as I can, just the same 3 rings over and over and over.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

Yeah, it kinda helps if you're also farming the single type unique nodes in that monolith. Like right now I'm farming the Blood, Frost and Death because it has the unique body armor nodes, so I'm building up a bunch of extra stability going for those, and then farming for a better Last Steps of the Living or Frostbite Shackles from the boss. So that's the one I'm also leveling corruption on.

Been doing the same for the gloves, boots, and exsanguinous. Have a 1 lp of the boots and chest and still on 0 for the gloves. Adding boss drops to a level of the faction or prophecies would do a lot. I’m not at the point where I want to just go buy them but man is it tempting.

Still playing this regularly even when how thin the endgame is. Still blessings to get, gear to get, etc… haven’t even thought about d4 since I completed the season journey.

Also, let me abandon prophecies I guess. Didn’t realize some of them were limited to regular monoliths

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The stuns when you stop moving for anything beyond cast time are getting real old. That has to be the cause of like 90% of my deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

It would be nice if CoF had a way to boost and aim at boss drops.

Yup, I've said it a couple times in here. Some of them are rare enough, especially with LP, that you're just boned as CoF trying to target them. I haven't gotten higher than 1LP of anything important and then you miss the slam and it sucks.

I think I'm about done with this season. I like a lot of things this game has done and played for longer than I thought I would with how shallow the endgame is right now. Annoyances with certain mechanics, grinding for certain drops that never happen, etc... Might give PoE a play as I've never made it out of the starter zone in that one. I'm excited to see the things D4 is stealing from LE in action too.