Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Game no worky, this is OUTRAGEOUS.

Think I'm gonna make a Paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Managed to get in then quit to eat dinner. Now it seems there is a queue but my number doesn't change and when I relaunch the game, I have the same number. Very sad.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I played very briefly last night solo online and also noticed some weird lag that mostly manifested with hit detection/delay as well. Also experienced the warpath channel not ending bug.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Like a year ago I was going full Necro skelly friends but it seems like Bone Golem focus is all the rage now. Anyone do a full on minion build?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Ooh man, I want to follow build guides, but I hate Youtube videos for them. This guy says so much filler and really needs to write a script.

I mean, it's just get that armor and max the amount of skellies you can get. It's not really even a build guide.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m stuck in a queue that doesn’t seem to move.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just unlocked Druid and have been messing around with werebear but haven’t actually specced into it yet. I kind of feel like what’s the point? I certainly do just fine in regular form and I lose all my skills like maelstrom. I haven’t actually looked at the bear skills, I’m assuming there’s stuff in there to make it worthwhile.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone getting a bug where the toolbar gets all wonky after changing zones? I have to go back to the main menu to fix it. Seems to happen primarily when shapeshifted.

Someone asked about a minimal button press build earlier - I highly recommend Druid Swarmblade for this.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Glad it's not just me I guess.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone getting client version mismatches when trying to invite friends to the party?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

I solved this by not having friends.

Smart.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I'm getting my poo poo pushed in at level 71 and pushing into the 'Ending the Storm' monolith. My damage is solid but its clear I need to get some levels and really start looking at capping all of my resistances. Is my best path forward just doing close nodes in this monolith, both in terms of levelling and gearing?

I have the first two bosses down for Ending the Storm but sometimes a mob comes along and I die in 2 seconds.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I capped out void for bosses, seems to help. My main problem is fighting these assholes when resetting a timeline. One wrong move and I'm dead.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm prioritizing rune nodes now just for runes of shattering. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have multiple exalted tabs and only pick up rares if they have very specific t5 affixes.

The loot filter in this game is a marvel.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 24, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zereth posted:

If you portal back to town after every echo you can get the shattering runes out of the shop in town and after the echo, but if you don't leave the Mnoloith zone the after-echo shop never updates.

Ohhhhh, thanks, I was wondering how that refreshed. That will help.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just unlocked bladedancer - apparently Shadow Strikes is confirmed bugged and not worth using?

Edit - Meant to say Dancing Strikes.

Edit again - Seems to be working fine for me, using dual daggers and online.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 27, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Playing bladedancer after leveling swarmblade druid up to around 80 is pretty dang fun.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Volte posted:

Okay, thanks for the tip. Is there any point putting much effort into doing that before the late game? I'm like level 30 now and haven't been paying too much attention to items.

It’s a pretty easy rule to specify t4+ or whatever. The loot filters at maxroll.gg are a good starting point.

The loot filter in this game is amazing, and should be the standard for any new arpg imo.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 27, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I really wish they’d let us auto pickup crafting stuff. That might be my biggest gripe with the game.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

I picked it up recently. I got to Chapter 9 and I'm really enjoying it so far. It has a lot of things that I loved about Diablo 3 in it that most other games in the genre don't have.

I do wonder though. Do you ever unlock some alternative game mode or higher difficulty for the main story or anything like that?
I want to try a different class but the campaign is fairly slow and very very easy.
It's fine on the first playthrough but for making new character's I'd really prefer something faster/more difficult.

Unfortunately no. You can start monoliths pretty early but then you miss out on some idol slots and passive points. I believe it's after defeating Lagon that you can ignore the rest of the story. Pushing corruption/monolith modifiers is the only difficulty modification in the game that I'm aware of.

Edit - I take that back - there are the dungeons, especially Arena, for ramping up challenge.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think any random build is more than capable of handling the campaign. It isn’t until higher level monoliths and into empowered that cracks start to show on really suboptimal builds.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Switched over from bleed bug to lightning bug and having a much easier time. Especially now that I got my res and crit avoidance sorted. Only at 1600 health though, will have to tackle that next.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Hauki posted:

Yeah, probably should. What level are you? I have >3.5k at 88 and I'm still missing health rolls in a few places, including gloves.

I'm 82. I was hoping the primalist passives would do a little more work than they did. Aspect of the Boar is very solid though. I'm up to 1800, I'll need to start sorting my gear, though I don't look forward to that as I have my resistances all where I want them. I fall into this trap in almost every arpg - I get a good balance on my gear but I want to add something specific and it's a huge pain.

Edit - There is no reason to go above 100% on crit avoidance, right?

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 4, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

KPC_Mammon posted:

If it helps, capping resistances is significantly less important than hp

Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing wisdom. Just gonna have to bite the bullet and transition over.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Suprfli6 posted:

My Lich is level 94 now and still steamrolling most stuff even though I haven't really crafted any good gear.

What is your lich build?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think a time travel story can be difficult to tell. They did not succeed here, imo. It's been a couple years since I played it though, and I think it was missing an act that came out later.

In any ARPG, I'm furiously clicking next, so maybe some of that is on me. But towards the end of this campaign, I was next-ing even more urgently than normal.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wont you be missing some relic slots/points if you start monoliths as soon as you get to end of time? Or did they change that?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Ah, I guess I forgot you can just find Faction gear on the ground :v:

I think that must be newish. Pretty sure that didn’t happen last I played ~1 year ago.

Actually I don’t remember faction loot in LE, I was thinking of Grim Dawn.

D.Fuzzbot posted:

For the Druid, should I lean into one form or is the druid more centred on constantly swapping forms?

There used to be a build that swapped a lot, I think it was from bug -> bear

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 24, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How’s warlock on controller?

From posts above, sounds like falconer isn’t too great on controller. Was really hoping they would nail controller support for 1.0. I like to zone out and play on the living room tv or steam deck.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 26, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Draynar posted:

I'm playing static orb sorc on controller and it's pretty good. I'd imagine warlock is as well. I'd only need to switch if i need to specifically target areas with my TP as on controller movement skills just try to go max range. and can be a bit hard to target individual enemy in a group with how controller targeting works.

Yeah, so sounds like EA days. Probably not ideal for pushing monos but fine for basic leveling.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Going from leveling to empowered mono offline to online feels real annoying.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Lysandus posted:

Have they fixed the servers to the point where area transitions are instant?

I rage quit on day 2 because during a boss fight, I clicked too close to an exit door and it unsummoned my minions but didn't transition the character making my minion necro fight without minions.

No, there is a few second delay compared to offline.

No Safe Word posted:

Basically yeah. Chat was saying today that all(/most?) of the dungeons were unreliable or broken but just doing monos today and yesterday was totally fine.

My understanding is that monoliths have always been fine, or better than campaign anyway.

Coming from fully offline the transition delay is very noticeable, as in “did I click this or not not?”

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 7, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve had that unique bug as well as all gear from the shop has a font size of like 100.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I leveled an offline Falconer and had all my resistances sorted very early into monoliths. I'm leveling an online Warlock and I'm not finding poo poo for gear in the campaign so far. I don't even have my idol slots filled out. I'm just to Chapter 8.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Erulisse posted:

is there any warlock itt who took a bleed/torment lock and made it into a singlebutton build via the Chtonic Passage passive?
I like the torment build off letools but that many buttons is tormenting

I’m phone posting currently but leveling a torment warlock. What’s the cthonic passage passive?

Nevermind, looked it up.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 11, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

Chthonic Passage is basically the best movement skill in the game and I'm going to be sad in season 2 when it gets fixed.

What about it needs to be fixed?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

It goes through walls, up/down elevation, right through sections of the map separated by a thin wall that you have to go miles around, and if you angle it right bypasses dungeon roadblocks. It absolutely tears through Soulfire.

Interesting, I'm only around level 70 and going through mono's for the first time. I've been doing torment and flirting with bleed, fire. I'm going to respec to Passage and see how I like it. Does it replace Transplant?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kaysette posted:

It is great in soulfire although I did end up floating over the lava once when I messed up zipping around a barrier.

Yup, I'm using passage and ghostflame as my "gotta go fast" skills these days with torment warlock at 85ish.

I messed around with ghostflame but I feel like I'm missing some key things to really make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUX48D5-Vnk

Mailer posted:

I still have Transplant on my bar for diagonal movement. In a straight shot it's faster to teleport (and enjoy the haste) across the map. That's not how the maps in this game usually generate so I'll maybe teleport a couple of times every few echoes and the rest is just phasing through walls/corners/whatever with fissure. It'll probably tag an enemy as well and wind up generating haste, so in the quest to beeline to things it rules.

Edit: It'd be way more useful if they didn't make either skill activate the others' cooldown, but it is what it is. I used the Ghostflame motorcycle for a bit but it burns through mana for a very short run so I dropped it and haven't noticed. I could probably drop Transplant as well but it's not like there's anything else to really put on the bar.

Yeah I was having mana issues as well. I figured I'd try the above build again in another 20 levels and into empowered.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just got my warlock to a level where I could really start taking advantage of it. Very sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Even after the fix the ward bump from bone curse profane veil will still be useful against damage spikes yeah?