Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

To anyone reading this who doesn’t have the game yet, I’ll agree with the past few posts: it’s really good! I like it better than Grim Dawn already, and I like Grim Dawn a lot. A few thoughts, mostly on what I like about it:

Good:
-Great combat pacing. Movement and positioning are deliberate and enemies have very clear tells on their high damage attacks. There are plenty of normal enemies that are really threatening, but that have obvious weaknesses.

-The skill trees are mostly really awesome and give tons of ways to play just the kind of character you want to play.

-Mana is a hard tactical limit on what you can do rather than a gear check. But, the game gives interesting options for managing it.

Mixed:
-Skill and passive choices have more weight compared to gear than in other arpgs I’ve played. Similarly player skill is more important. Overall I like this, but it means gearing decisions are limited and relatively boring compared to other titles. Mostly offense comes from skill and some passive choices, while gear meets defensive requirements. Hopefully as more planned aspects of the itemization design are implemented, there will be more interesting and impactful gear choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Every class has or is slated to have some minion skills. I basically never play pet-centric builds in these games, so I’m not sure how they play exactly here, but there are plenty of minion skills and lots of minion builds posted on the official forums.

Primalist has a number of builds based around having a few durable, powerful minions. A lot of the passives and skills really encourage fighting alongside your minions or poking from behind them with a spear, though I think a lazier approach is possible.

Necromancer can get big armies of wraiths and skeletons, though I don’t know how they actually play. I’m sure you can avoid ever having to attack by yourself, but I strongly suspect you’ll probably want 1-2 support skills to boost your minion’s damage or increase your own defense.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Stances do not have trees, but the devs have said they plan on scrapping them as skills and moving them to the passive tree (Forge Guard already has a stance passive that switches depending on whether you use throwing or melee attacks) so you can just pretend the don’t exist.

It’s one of the few decisions that have made me a little disappointed, since I think stances as active skills could have a lot of interesting interactions.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I think it’s extremely good already, but you might want to wait for multiplayer if that’s something you really care about. There are some old and out of date skills that don’t feel really great to use, but for the most part the game is really fun.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Agreed the new stuff for sentinel is really good. They set a high bar for themselves with the rogue skills and this update shows they can meet it.

I did a void knight to level 35 or so with void cleave, erasing strike and abyssal echoes (has a node that gives 80% damage to both against slowed targets after casting abyssal echoes.) It’s a very satisfying way to play a character that vaporizes groups and rips big chunks off of boss’s life bars with gigantic, annihilating swings. In fact, all the new and reworked skills look like they can be built on a ton of different ways with lots of unique synergies.

I really want to try a cool down based javelin build using lunge to proc the javelin. I don’t know if I can scale the spell damage on holy trail enough with a pole arm, though. The sustain from the holy trails, at least, seems extremely strong even before getting any healing effectiveness.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Rakeris posted:

Ah, I never tried holy trail cause of the CD, I just throw bombs with divine fury and strategic patience, while using lunge to constantly zoom to the next pack, feels almost poe level of zoomy.

Holy trail was capital B busted until the recent hot fix. It’s lost 75% of its damage and is still very strong and synergizes very well with judgement, which is also incredibly good.

hotdog feet posted:

Man, i really can't get my character to work the way i want it but this new patch really sunk its hooks in me again. Now, what's the best advice for somebody who needs to gear up because level 55 stuff is beating me to a pulp?

What build are you playing?

You can go and do monoliths after finishing chapter 8 instead of going into chapter 9 directly. That might help you gear up.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

The Locator posted:

I'm a fairly slow/methodical type player. I occasionally like going fast, but mostly I'm content to putter along and make sure everyone dies, and inspect or scoop up all the shiny things on the ground (I used strict loot filters so I only see stuff that might actually be useful).

The Holy Trail playstyle is to just cast it in front of you while running, never stopping to pick up anything, just keep on casting and let all the trash chasing you die in the fire behind you. This works well, but hearing all those shiny golds dropping behind me and not going back to pick it all up just hurt my brain. I could play it slower, casting it into the mobs and sort of dragging them into it, but it was tedious because it's such a narrow path and archers would stand 1 pixel outside the area of effect and make me cast another one, and the cooldown is pretty bad for that style of play. Making the cooldown a lot shorter or giving it a larger area of affect would make it work great, but would also be stupidly overpowered.

Dunno, just didn't click with me, but I still have that guy sitting at level 50 so maybe I'll go back and try to finish leveling it later. For now I've got the Void Knight up to about level 45 or so, and having fun, although when I hit the cold area with about 5% cold resist I drat near died a few times so I had to go back to town and do some crafting magic to cap my cold resist, then went back and it was a cakewalk.

You probably should mix holy trail with another skill. It would work nicely with warpath if you could get the mana to work out. Stacking attack speed on rive and using it to stack ailments and proc holy flame burst (super strong!) from holy aura is also great. Double slash rive is also a powerful mana generator for pious offering judgement, which has nice synergy with javelin. Holy trail gives you bonkers healing and solid damage in one package, so you don’t need to run around so much, you can just pick another damage skill, stand in your trail and tank everything.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Some overcap on resist is good, since resist shred is a thing. As far as I know, overcap does not do anything to the passive penetration monsters get at higher levels.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Best advice I can give for adapting a build to endgame monoliths is find the skill you really enjoy using the most, get it down to 0 mana cost via tree or gear, find ways to trigger other skills of similar damage type off of using that skill, specialize those skills but don't put them on your bar, and instead put buffs/movement/survival stuff on your bar.

There's probably insane builds out there that don't need the survival stuff, using PoE level min/maxing that poo poo out DPS, but the above has worked for me.

There are some builds where I’d agree with this, but I think it’s better to just actually specialize in a balanced selection of skills. Defensive abilities like flame ward will be much better panic buttons if you’re actually specced to use them, and the majority of builds will be better off just using their damage skills directly rather than finding other skills that proc them.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You do not need a guide in this game unless you are trying to push T4 dungeon or 100+ corruption monoliths. If you just do a little math and push one damage type and some solid offensive skills you'll be fine.

That’s true, but I think also assumes some arpg basics and the ability to read and easily internalize the in-game information. If you haven’t played a good bit of other, similar games, you might struggle without following advice from other players.

Generally, though, you can get quite far in Last Epoch just with randomly slapped together gear or a shaky build because almost every big attack is telegraphed and avoidable. The one thing that will really help is high move speed and/or a good movement skill.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

skeletronics posted:

I stalled out on that Lagon fight and had to do echoes to level up some before I could get through the tentacle phase. What a pain in the rear end fight, but it got me to finally stop ignoring resists.

Most late game boss fights are pretty good, but Lagon is really a pain in the rear end. Big models that are outside of the map work really poorly with many mechanics and some builds are especially screwed against him. The rematch is even worse.

skeletronics posted:

I'd really like an ARPG where it's not mandatory to cap your resists. Especially when there are so many of them. At least this game is a little better than Grim Dawn on that.

Actually LE is that game. Resistances work differently here and it’s an explicit design goal of the devs to make completely capping them optional. All enemies in LE get passive resist penetration per level, so by end game, capped resistance means you take the base damage a monster deals instead of 75% less. The result is that going from 50% to 75% resistance means a 25% increase in effective hp, not a 100% increase like in other arpgs. Resistances are still the cheapest and most readily accessible layer of defense and are the first to get heavy investment for most builds, but if you’ve got a really good source of another defensive layer on your build, you can focus on that first. Like all arpgs, though, at some point you have to start prioritizing defense over offense, that’s just an inevitable part of the strategic level of these games.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

The Locator posted:

I need to figure out how that works since I'm collecting a bunch of keys for that dungeon where you have to go and make them, just haven't gone yet since I figured I should probably have something worth sticking into the legendary cook-pot thing first.

You won’t really see stuff dropping with legendary potential until you’re well into the monolith. Apparently the new dungeon drops tons of exalted items, but I haven’t run it yet. My highest character is in the low 80s, and while I like the idea of the monolith, postgame mostly feels like a treadmill to me, so I keep starting new characters instead of really pushing into high level content.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

The dungeon system expanded in the coming patch is supposed to allow campaign skips. Some dungeons will be available early and will let you skip through chunks of the campaign. Different dungeons are also supposed to be better suited for different builds, so ideally different characters will have a different optimal path to the end of the campaign.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Erulisse posted:

As one wise man said, tencent is hands off.
They are just investing in IPs they would like to release in china.

An official Chinese release potentially sucks for people playing in China who aren’t Chinese (vanishingly small number of people as that may be), since you might need a Chinese national ID to sign up and other versions will probably be inaccessible without a VPN.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're thinking about playing this for the new stuff the patch introduced: don't. The Arena of Champions is the Arena with a boss that shows up every so often, and the new Dungeons require keys, which the devs apparently hosed up and aren't dropping. I tried for 3 hours to get a single key today and didn't get any except Arena keys from guaranteed Monolith nodes.

In fact their whole "grind content you don't want to do to get a key that you may possibly want" really sucks rear end and it's the first big misstep I've seen them make. Feeling real lovely about this patch right now.

I would imagine the intention is you collect keys playing through the campaign first normally, then use them on subsequent characters as skips. The drop rate may be too low in practice for that to work out. I’m skipping this patch anyway because of Elden Ring, but I imagine that almost all dev energy is focused on multiplayer right now, so this and perhaps the next patch won’t have much exciting stuff in them.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

As someone who doesn’t care about multiplayer at all and will almost certainly never use it, very long delays and huge amounts of dev energy devoted to something I actively dislike drives me nuts. I guess the advantage is that it’s likely to attract more players and allow for a higher budget and more features I might actually enjoy in the long run. I’m glad other people are excited, at least. Still, the last patch felt lackluster in terms of exciting changes and the next isn’t likely till September. I might just switch back to Grim Dawn to scratch my ARPG itch. I’ve played it to death already, but it’s had several very substantial patches since the last time I started it up.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

There are tons of support related abilities or nodes in skills across the classes. Paladin alone should be extremely good as a support tank with what’s in the game now, though it would be a waste to not do some damage, too. I don’t know what things will shake out to be like in multiplayer, but the current design of skills absolutely suggests that it will be possible to play a dedicated support character.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Murder Noveau posted:

So my friends have been saying patch 0.9 will release at the end of September but I cannot find that anywhere online. Was that something they changed their minds on or are my friends about to be very sad?

That was the original scheduled release time, but it was delayed till “later this year”. The scope of 0.9 expanded to include the full, open multiplayer beta, which is why it’s release has been delayed. As far as I know, no specifics have been shared on the actual release time of the patch.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Isn’t LP on uniques basically balanced around the power of the unique itself? So rarer, more high-tier uniques are quite unlikely to have any LP at all, but also don’t need it to be good, while more common, lower impact uniques frequently have LP. I think the devs said something like if all the players currently playing plaid until the heat death of the universe, they still probably wouldn’t roll a 4 lp drop of the some specific uniques. I think the idea is getting those uniques with any extra affixes is good enough.

Also, the item factions are coming eventually, and should help with the gear grind. Since I personally strongly prefer the d3 style of loot, where whole play styles aren’t locked behind 100s of hours of repetitive grinding, I hope the self found faction has a big impact.

The devs have strongly hinted that 1.0 is either the next patch or the one after that, and I believe one mentioned in discord that it’s at most 7 months away, so hopefully we won’t have to wait too terribly long to find out.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Kith posted:

no auto-gather for crafting mats, no targeted loot generation or tuning, no grind reduction/drop rate increases for exalted items, no plans to make lower rarity gear worth using for crafting, no plans to expand or improve monolith of fate rewards, no intent to bring weaker/niche builds up to par for endgame content

half of these are things blizzard did for diablo 3's loot 2.0 in 2014

At least 3 of those are explicitly false. Item factions are specifically supposed to allow for targeted grinding, and every patch has balance changes. The only one that actually looks like something the devs have said is no auto-gather for crafting mats.

I think it’s more that the game has not really had any major interesting changes since the patch before the multiplayer release, which was a long time ago. There really isn’t anything to talk about. Supposedly the next patch will come next month, and the one after that will be 1.0, so hopefully more interesting content is coming soon.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Kith posted:

are not in the game yet last i checked and there are no plans to do anything outside of them, which is what i was talking about

Your first post was that the devs are purposefully avoiding quality of life features and have no plans to implement them. Why does this specific thing they do plan to implement not count?

Kith posted:

they have, and i would not have said those things if i had not witnessed those things

Please provide a quote where the devs say they have no plans to buff underperforming builds.

I mean, I certainly don’t think the game is perfect. My main complaint is that progression grinds to a halt after the campaign and the monolith feels like a very slow treadmill. But I still think the game has a lot of potential if they can finally get out from under the multiplayer release.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 16, 2023

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I’m sure they’re also basing their major content patches on the season cycle model of other arpgs, so they want to build a system of hyping each season (even if they’re just patches right now).

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Rune Master is super smooth for leveling. Ice-Fire-Ice makes you almost unkillable, and if you need a sudden burst of ward while it’s up, ice-ice-fire gives it to you while dealing okay damage. A lot of the damage invocations feel on the weak side, but lightning-fire-fire for the hydrahedron, ice-fire-fire for the rain of fire or any of the three pure elemental ones feel great (you need the prelude and interlude nodes to make pure lightning feel good because the lightning ball is possibly bugged and has weirdly terrible AoE, but if you have them it’s awesome.)

I’m really hoping I can squeeze out a decent amount of time to play so I can experiment with higher level runic invocation before the cyberpunk expansion comes out, because there are tons of things I want to test.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

gnoma posted:

Hydrahedron is very good and the rest of the invocations are kind of pointless.

Runemaster's passive tree is a really good improvement at least. Instead of choosing between 7 slightly different types of increased damage you get stuff that scales crit, armor, ward in ways that isn't identical to prefixes on gear. Which makes the prefixes on gear more impactful and makes getting good gear feel better.

But it doesn't sound like they are going to be working on older masteries until after 1.0. So basically everything but the new masteries, druid, and some op minion builds are going to feel kind of bad still. Maybe the the faction stuff will work out well and there will be some cool looking new areas or new bosses. The path from 0.9 -> 1.0 has been very underwhelming.

I quite like rune master, even if everything else has been underwhelming since the big push for multiplayer. It’s true that you are mostly incentivized to just spam whatever invocation works best for your build, though. Itemization and skill nodes suggest some builds where you would rapidly cycle through different invocations, but you’re still almost entirely going to be cycling them in an optimal way rather than choosing the best one for the best moment. That’s just the truth of the genre, that these games are designed to push players to optimize out of any complexity in game play.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

zoux posted:

Raxx was probably the premiere D3 youtube guy and he is absolutely gushing in the review and promising loads of content, its good news for LE.

But are they planning on going to 1.0 before they implement the last two masteries?

According to the devs, the new masteries are coming with 1.0 later this year.

That is to say, 1.0 is the next major patch, and it will include falconer and warlock. There will not be a 0.93 patch, it’s straight to 1.0.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Real glad I don't have any friends so my performance is fine except for having to bypass the login screen.

Same. It is annoying I keep having to wait forever for new features so people who aren’t misanthropes can share the toy with their friends.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Deformed Church posted:

That roadmap is pretty disappointing, with how many things are still just nebulously somewhere beyond 1.0. Like, it feels pretty ballsy to call it that when they're leaving out a quarter of the campaign, not finishing all the very obviously half-implemented skills, and not adding anything significant in the way of endgame features. The game's still going to be unfinished and there's not going to be any major content/feature leap, so it feels much more in line with just another 0.x update.

I don't get the impression EHG are going to do the full rug pull, but it does strike me as either just an admission that they've promised far more than they can deliver in the foreseeable future, or that they're working to executive/financial timetables rather than game design ones, and neither of those are possibilities that fill me with hope.

Yeah, it feels like they really were not prepared for multiplayer in spite of how much time they took to implement it. I mean, I hope they can pull it together and that multiplayer eventually brings in the cash that lets them make the game more interesting for people who don’t play with friends, but with how much they seem to be struggling with development since they began the implementation in earnest, I’m not filled with confidence in the game’s future, however much I like it.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I think it’s pretty cool that Falconer gets support for 2-handed weapons, with a passive node just for spears.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

mcvey posted:

How's this on the steam deck?

Playable, but not perfect. Apparently 1.0 is improving controller and Linux support, but steam deck is still not an official priority.

I wish 1.0 wasn’t coming 1 week before ff7 rebirth. I’ll probably mess around with Falconer for a week or so, but that’s all.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Generally not interested in video explanations, but the falconer skill trees look super cool. There seem to be all kinds of interesting synergies that combine multiple skills. One other fun thing stood out: for the spear lovers, it seems like you could make a kind of proper jumping final fantasy dragoon build with dive bomb and a spear.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Anybody doing a dive bomb Valkyrie build? Dive bomb seems insane if you set it up right, and Valkyrie has synergy with the node that reduces traversal skill cooldown when you hit a boss, since Valkyrie makes dive bomb a cooldown. My thoughts are:

Synch strikes for on demand shadows plus maybe only way to get 5 shadows for falconer? Smoke bomb doesn’t produce shadows fast enough, plus I can’t spam umbral blades with only smoke bomb because they’ll eat the shadows.

Umbral blades as a mana generator, cool down reduction machine for dive bomb and falcon strike and damage boost for dive bomb.

Smoke bomb — double damage for dive bomb while active, plus lots of other goodies.

Falconry — obviously. Main idea would be to go for the nodes that transfer player damage to the falcon, extra hits on falcon strike and cool down reduction on attack. I’d love to go for cooldown reset on consuming falconer’s mark, but synch strikes is already too mana hungry.

Dive bomb — specced for shadow falcons, cooldown reduction on ranged hit, cooldown reduction on hitting a boss or rare and Valkyrie. I think the basic cooldown reduction node is broken? At least it shows no effect in the tool tip.

Any advice? In particular, I can’t get enough skill point for everything I want in dive bomb and am not sure what to let go.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Clarste posted:

I haven't done that build in particular, but as someone with a different Dive Bomb build I've found that the interaction with Falcon Strike is a little annoying. Specifically, the Falcon Strike animation takes a long time, and if you interrupt it with Dive Bomb (which you will, because the cooldown is so short) then you lose a lot of damage from Falcon Strike. To solve this I picked up the line attack version of Falcon Strike which only does one hit. I think the line attack is weaker overall—hard to tell, since they don't want to show you any numbers for falcon attacks—but it's quick so they don't step on each other's toes as much.

Edit: And yes, I've also noticed that the basic cooldown reduction node doesn't do anything.

There’s actually a shadow falcon node that replaces the dive bomb falcon with a shadow falcon so dive bomb doesn’t interrupt falcon strike.

I like the idea of the linear falcon strike, but there are too many benefits to rapid hits from the falcon.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just me or is birb just stupid OP?

The birb is indeed stupidly strong.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

So this isn’t news, but healing hands isn’t fair or balanced at all. Even without the busted ward nodes, simply doubling your melee attacks for free is ridiculous. I’ve been leveling with a double slash rive holy aura flame burst build and everything but bosses just explodes instantly. It’s still early, but I also rip through bosses fast while being able to just stand in the middle of their bullshit without paying any attention to gear or defenses and never dropping below max health for more than a fraction of a second. I’m sort of shocked they just unconditionally let it proc on every melee attack.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

alarumklok posted:

playing storm bolt tornado shaman and it's incredibly OP and also incredibly boring. It turns each of your tornadoes into a storm totem, except the bolts scale off of the other storm bolt nodes so they have a bigger aoe and doublecast, shoot 1.5 screens away, refresh leap's cooldown, and shock, and you can have out like 20 tornadoes at once easy. The 'survive waves' levels I just hold the tornado button down in the middle until it tells me I beat the echo

I was planning something like this, but with tempest strike specced to proc both storm bolt and tornadoes. I wasn’t sure if I could get tempest strike to proc tornadoes fast enough to make it good, though and started doing other things.

I feel like there’s probably a really strong frostbite build with cold-converted storm bolts and tornado, but there’s no way to get minions to build storm stacks for gathering storm if it’s converted to cold since it only counts the minions original damage type and doesn’t take into account if they have had their damage converted as well.

Further silly primalist plans might be to see how high I could push crow storm crits on a beast master, since tempest strike should give disgusting amounts of spell damage to crows, and it already hit pretty hard before.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I’m very much a “nerfs are healthy for games” type player, but even for me those responses blow my mind. Obviously classes need to be roughly balanced against each other to guarantee build variety, but isn’t this what seasons are for? The world is replete with evidence right now that people are incredibly loving stupid, but arpg players losing their minds about nerfs and about things not getting nerfed is another nice example.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Tonetta posted:

1) spellblade is considered the worst subclass in the game right now,and only has 2 viable skills both requiring some pretty high end exalted gear to function properly. that's a big factor in how you're feeling in empowered monoliths

I thought spellblade was sort of okay if on the weaker side and Shaman was generally considered the weakest mastery since, with a few exceptions, almost anything primalist is good at could be done better by either of the other two masteries.

I don’t know if 1.0 changed anything, but when rune master came out in .9, I saw a lot more complaints about sorcerer than spellblade.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Been playing this new Runemaster build that Allie put out and it's pretty great, once you get it up to a level where the build actually works, but my favorite part of playing a Runemaster (or really any mage) for the first time may be: "Fools. Fools!"

I love it when he says that after incinerating a horde of beetles.

Also, he is not a man of many pockets.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a target HP goal most people shoot for? Right now I’m at ~1500 HP and resistance capped on my Falconer for corruption 250 monoliths, which with my bird’s life leech is enough to withstand most first hits but still rather fragile against a lot of boss attacks. In this kind of kill or be killed environment, stacking Endurance seems somewhat useless. I have 35 crit resistance and recently picked up some boots that reduced critical hit damage by 45%, which seemed to make a huge difference. So I’m beginning to think crit mitigation is probably the most important EHP stat in the game.

I burn out on characters by the time skills hit 20 and interesting progression dries up, so I have no clue how to survive high corruption since I’ve never been there. I can add, though, that endurance is supposed to be a kind of one-shot protection. It activates and applies to any damage below the threshold even if you weren’t below it when you took the initial hit. The issue is that scaling endurance threshold is hard, but I think falconer has a passive that might make the stat more relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

A Moose posted:

Would we still want a dodge if having a movement skill wasn't 100% mandatory? Like if you could get tankier, or get 1-shot protection for those times when you just fail to manually dodge, or bosses had fewer skills that you had to dodge or die.

I absolutely would. I’m sort of shocked that anyone wouldn’t. I don’t see how more mobility options could possibly make the game worse. I guess I have been wanting arpgs to have real game play for a long time, though.