Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If Chelsea wins Europa and Arsenal finishes fifth, does Arsenal get a CL place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mustafi is an above average defender in the league. I've watched every one of his games this season (even the garbage ones) and he's not that bad. He should still be replaced by somebody better but I think more blame gets attributed to him than is fair.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal literally cannot bring Mkhitaryan, one of their first team players, to the final because of this poo poo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fart simpson posted:

He completely shits his pants way too often to be an above average defender, which player are you watching
The average defender in the league is piss

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This sort of article is so bad. They interview some successful team and allow the analytics guy to take credit for a bunch of the good stuff. They never talk about the analytics guy who fucks everything up.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Who would be first choice striker for Chelsea? Sure it has to be Big Oli Giroud because he’s still real fucken good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is a situation where VAR can easily and objectively correct a game-changing decision, of course they’ve chickened out of it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Bit of a wider discussion, but with VAR coming in, they should change the offside rule back to clear daylight between the attacker and last defender. Having any part of your body infront is dumb e.g if Lindgard had like one size smaller shoes, he would have been onside and England would have beaten Holland
Mmm yes "clear daylight" would certainly not be hard to legislate for at all

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mickolution posted:

I don't think the footage the VAR refs see are the same ones we see on tv.
In the CL I'm pretty sure they've shown TV audiences some replays that are "as seen by the VAR."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Rafa has supposedly been offered a contract worth £12 million a year in China, so I'm guessing he wasn't dying to stay either.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t get it. I’m guessing the group wanted a photo of the stadium. But United allowed them only to use a “numeric figure”? What does that mean? United basically didn’t consent to a photograph?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is a really good read. Arsenal has been completely mismanaged financially by Wenger and Gazidis.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just do a playoff if they have the same points, nobody will complain about having extra footie to watch. Everything else just penalizes a team for the style they took to get to their number of points. Teams shouldn't be penalized for doing things their way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

These big-team pre-season games are great for money but they're pretty brutal. Many of the games are being played at a really intensive level, which seems a bit too much for pre-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't think Spurs even has a director of football, so is Daniel Levy just playing literal Football Manager on the transfer market without talking to his manager? Pretty nuts.