Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:siren: The Fiesta is Live! Have fun! :siren:

Welcome to the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta 2019 thread! In its seventh year running, this thread will be the SA headquarters for the Four Job Fiesta, equal parts to keep us from taking over the FF Megathread as well as a single point of action for trading tricks and trips, cursing Gilgabot's lack of mercy, or whatever Fiesta-related discussion you may want. Much like the years before, we hope to bring lots of victories, lots of donations, and lots of berserkers from the Berserker Tree!

Quick Links: Goon Discord, Official Website, Official Blog, Official Subreddit (yes, yes, I know, but it's official)

So Kyrosiris, what IS the Four Job Fiesta?

Every year, RevenantKioku and his trusty sidekick Gilgabot (or maybe it's the other way around?) organize the Fiesta as a charity drive for Child's Play and as a gathering for all FFV fans to celebrate the game. Mechanically, the Fiesta challenges you to play through Final Fantasy V using just one job from each Crystal. Hard Mode ups the ante, allowing Gilgabot to pull from past Crystals - you can, for example, get another White Mage from the Fire Crystal, or a Berserker from the Earth Crystal! In 2012, the Berserker Risk option was added as a way to pump up the difficulty even more - for every $10 raised prior to the Fiesta's start, every Berserker Risk participant was assigned a mandatory Berserker! Enough was raised to stick every participant at Risk with at least one Berserker, and SA member Trasson ended up with what was considered the nastiest team of the Fiesta - a Knight and THREE Berserkers! 2013 renamed Hard Mode to "Random Mode" which is honestly more accurate, and added the new Team 750/No-750 and Natural modes, adding extra fun and challenge. 2015 upped the stakes and added the much-beloved Chaos Mode, which was what we all wanted from Random all along - any job is possible from any crystal, and duplicates are possible, leading to a handful of Chaos Riskers ending up with :black101: FOUR. :black101: FREAKING. :black101: BERSERKERS. :black101: (RIP Everhate, The Chosen One) 2016 graced us with Pure Chaos, which is Chaos without repeats and with Mime and Freelancer in the character pool. 2018 gave us the interesting and GBA-only Forbidden mode - at the cost of permanently losing one of your other three jobs, you can earn the right to use one of the GBA-only jobs - Oracle, Gladiator, or Cannoneer!

While the challenge is not one regularly "recommended" for those new to Final Fantasy V, there have been several goons who challenged the Fiesta as their first playthrough of the game and triumphed! That said, the challenge will definitely require a bit more aptitude and awareness of the game's mechanics and neat combos than a game where you plow through everything with !X-Fight, !X-Magic, and other powerful combos (that is, unless Gilgabot is merciful and gives you those combos). It goes a long way to help snap the decision paralysis that plagues a lot of first-time players of FFV, though.

Well, I've never played FFV before. Should I try anyways?

Absolutely! Like I said, lots of goons have earned their first victory in FFV through the Fiesta - either combinations of the restricted job access giving them real focus to finish the game, or getting advice from the litany of Fiesta veterans that haunt this thread and Discord, or for whatever reason. Plus, FFV is fun, and you're playing for charity (via either your donations or runs that you finish that trigger other people's pledges)!

How's this all work, then? What're the rules?

An example team would be mine from 2012 - I got Thief, Summoner, Ninja, and Samurai. From the Wind Crystal on, I had to have a full party of Thieves. Once I finished the Water Crystal, I got to choose a configuration of at least 1 Thief and at least 1 Summoner, and then the other two could be either Thieves or Summoners, with no limit aside from having at least one of each. The Fire crystal was the same - I had to field at least one Ninja, Summoner, and Thief at all times, and my fourth character could be what was best suited of my three job options. After the Earth Crystal, that was it - everyone was locked in. You can switch jobs around as is necessary, but you've gotta adhere to those guidelines. If you want your Ninja to learn some Summon Magic, that Summoner has to switch to being a Ninja too.

Note that for Natural and Chaos runs, you use Freelancers until you have obtained your assigned jobs. A Ranger/Samurai/Dragoon/Chemist Chaos run would use Freelancers until you get the Black Chocobo, and a White Mage/Time Mage/Bard/Chemist Natural run has Faris as a Freelancer until the same.

So who the hell is Gilgabot?

Gilgabot is the Twitter bot that does the backend paperwork of the Fiesta. You tweet keywords to him (@FF5ForFutures) at certain thresholds in your playthrough and he will do whatever those correspond to. For example, you can tweet "@FF5ForFutures #Water" to note that you've reached the Water Crystal. Gilgabot will then reply (maybe - he hit the daily tweet limit several times last year) with your Job assignment for that crystal. You can see a full list of his commands here. (link this to letsplaying's commands page when the site's back up)

Twitter? Ewww, I don't do that social media bullshit.

Tough. Don't blame Gilgabot, blame yourself or God. If you wanna Fiesta (at least officially - no one's stopping you from doing your own using random.org or similar), you gotta tweet. Worst case scenario, you make a throw-away account you use just for the Fiesta and then ignore it. Many goons do this every year.

:siren: NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE A PROTECTED ACCOUNT, YOU WILL HAVE EXTREME DIFFICULTY FIESTA-ING OFFICIALLY. Consider making a throwaway account. :siren:

Help! Gilgabot gave me a shittacular job combo and $BOSS is kicking my rear end!

Relax. Trasson got through the entire game and even the optional superboss Shinryu in 2012 with a Knight and three Berserkers. You can beat the focus of your ire too, with some strategy and tenacity. That said, we're not going to leave you in the lurch - lots of FFV pros participate in the Fiesta, and in 2012 we came up with a veritable compendium of knowledge, tactics, and advice (which got loving additions in 2013 and 2014, too!). You can find it here, but be aware it contains story and boss spoilers, as well as a significant amount of mechanical information for the game. Other resources include Alcharagia's Primer to FFV's Jobs, Sulla's Solo Single Class Challenges, Mega64's Resource Page, the FFV Algorithm Guide (for SNES and GBA), The Spirit of FFV (has built-in "translation" of names/spells between versions)! We'll all be prattling away on Discord!

Science is scary and I can't use !Mix, the most powerful ability in FFV! Help me!!!!

Relax. Learn the true power of :science: here. Don't glitch Exdeath! (especially since your victory won't count :lol:)

Alright, I'm in! What do I do?

Get on Twitter and send Gilgabot (@FF5ForFutures) a pre-registration tweet. This will look something like "@FF5ForFutures #regpurechaos #BERSERKERRISK". Then, just wait for the Fiesta to start!

What's New for 2019?

Quite a few things! Firstly, #regforbidden is being split into #regadvance, which lets you use the GBA jobs, and #forbidden, a modifier similar to #natural (don't play natural) that makes you give up a random job when you enter the Void. RK also did a new round of polling, and will be rebalancing #regpopular in accordance to that new polling. Lastly, there is a new gimmick this year - we just need to wait and see!

Trivia and Infographic Nonsense!

Every year, RevenantKioku puts out an infographic for the year's Fiesta, covering a lot of trivia and data, distribution of classes, stuff like that (as well as how fair and balanced Gilgabot was, which he always is). They're pretty neat, and are timg'd below - click the year (or expand the image, but they're really big) for big.

2011 Infographic:

2012 Infographic:

2013 Infographic:

(Thread) 2014 Infographic:

(Thread) 2015 Infographic:

(Thread) 2016 Infographic:

(Thread) 2017 Infographic:

(Thread) 2018 Infographic:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

High Quality Goon-Made Fiesta Fanart!

2014 Fanart

(by Bloodwulfe)

(also by Bloodwulfe)

(by Asiina)

(again, by Bloodwulfe)

(by Shoehead)

(yup, still Bloodwulfe)

(Bloodwulfe: still the best)

(THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE MEAN NOTHING TO A_Raving_Loon)

Can of Worms is rad as hell and has made multiple FFV Advance patches, including the source of the above gif.
Fiesta State Mod(no mechanical changes)
FFVA Balance Mod (actual mechanical changes) (changelog)

2015 Fanart

Mega64 takes on the trials and tribulations of the Omnizerker.

(What's Flarnith's art doing here?!)

(neongrey needs to be sure you heard him correctly.)

2016 Fanart

(Asterism has to face some tough choices.)

(Koobes decided to correct Mid a bit.)

(Let's just call this a work by Edward_Tohr and move on with life)

2017 Fanart

(Mikl is having some problems with the weather.)

(Ablative assures me that, just like Ronka, it can only go up uP UP!!)

(Orange Fluffy Sheep demonstrates the value of Butzcoin. BUY IN NOW)

Ablative reminds us of that which we must sacrifice, because the numbers are infallible.)

(Bad Seafood has opinions on robots.)

2018 Fanart

(Aerdan lets us know what's up.)

(Orange Fluffy Sheep has important information that might SAVE YOUR LIFE.)

(Mega64 reminds us that the FBI is full of poo poo.)

(Archenetron is ready for suffering in The Run.)

(Obang Metho has relevant memes.)

2019 Fanart

(Admiral Joeslop pays homage to the King of All Superbosses)

(I fully admit I have no idea what FeyerbrandX was riffing here, but it's rad)

(Azza Bamboo pays off an interdimensional threat)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 27, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

HERE THERE BE :toxx:ES

Aerdan posted:

I will donate 10¢ per run for every Bartz named Bitch, poo poo, Jeez, or other similar moniker, posted with screenshots of appropriate lines, up to $20. Feel free to poke me on Discord if you're not sure about a given moniker, I guess.

Poque posted:

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I will donate one cent for every broken rod (as tracked on the Discord!) and 10 cents for every speed trap fallen for, also tracked on the Discord. I will limit this donation to $60 unless I hit a windfall before the Fiesta ends.

derra posted:

:toxx:I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements:

1) Triple Crowns&
2) with a total party level under 100 and&
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30.

Include a screenshot of your final levels!

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon.

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: My Love For You is Like a Truck :siren:

Last year I bit off a bit more than most people could chew with my donation incentive. This year I'll keep it simple.
  1. For every goon who kills NED with two Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $5.
  2. For every goon who kills NED with three Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $25.
  3. For the first goon who kills NED with four Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $125; for any subsequent goons, $50 (while supplies last).
Only one goon can claim the big money. For all other runs, in any combination, the cap is $200.

Doom Goon posted:

Oh, time to fulfill one and make one! Only Can of Worms and myself completed this one last Fiesta:

And I'm doing it again: $1 per goon up to $20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFVFJF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs), although if you want to slip a victory into another run's #Up that's probably okay. It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.

Funktastic posted:

So I guess it's time for my donation pledge!

Since my first time beating FFV was through the 4JF I'll donate $1 per person (max $20)who also has their first run of FFV through the fiesta!

May be doubled later depending on my money situation.

Bufuman posted:

I hereby pledge to donate $2 on behalf of any player that complete a run with any duplicate jobs in any mode where it can happen (EXCEPT UPGRADE, I'm looking for honest luck-of-the-draw duplicates, though I'll also accept runs with dupes through the Job Fair), with a cap of $50. However, I'll add an extra $10 outside of the cap if any player completes a run with four of the same job (again, no Upgrade). I'd like to go with more, but sadly bills are kind of tight lately. But like Admiral Joeslop on his pledge, I may be willing to bump this number up if my finances improve before the last day of donations. Double up, people!

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 4, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Arist posted:

already????

Hilariously this is the latest I've ever posted a year's thread. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

where do u get the game i've never played this one

Buy a GBA cartridge, buy the PSX anthology that has it, buy the port on steam or your smartphone, or :filez:.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

SNES is superior.

:wrong:

Project Demi does a lot to get it close, but even then, no.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

I'm too used to the larger field of view from SNES

Can you please explain to me like I'm a dumbass what this actually means because I have no idea what this actually means

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

AlphaKretin posted:

The SNES screen is a square*, the GBA screen is a rectangle. They fit the game on the GBA screen by chopping off the top and bottom.

*or like 16:15 or whatever it is idk

I can't imagine a more pointless thing to be bothered by but :shrug:

E: though then again I'm the person who doesn't get the screaming and rending of flesh about the Matrix versions """bad graphics""" so I shouldn't be surprised the impact of this is also lost on me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Not as bad of a slog as Chemist vs Garula, even with the addition of the Healing Staff. It's safe as hell, but you do basically no damage since Turtle Shells don't exist until immediately after that. It's basically the last big gate before the game falls to its knees and weeps openly at you.

Except you can chain-Charm Garula, and it's safe, unlike Thief or Bard vs Garula.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

HARBINGERS OF THE DOUBLE APOCALYPSE:
*MagusDraco
*Procrastine
*1234567890num
*mp5
*Fenix Alheron
*Tergaso
*Fenrir
*Son of a Vondruke!
*AlphaKretin
*Ayudo

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 28, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shyfted One posted:

I recently played through Garula with all 20 classes in the past 2 weeks and only the Bard run really sucked.

now try adamantoise with bards

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ritznit posted:

What does rodbreaking mean?

When you have a rod equipped, go into your item menu in combat, then press up. You'll see the weapons you have equipped. Hit A twice on the rod, and you'll break it, casting an -aga spell of the corresponding element on the enemy field.

This also works for Poison Rods (casts Bio), Staves of Light, (casts Holy), Masamune (doesn't break, casts Haste) and the Wonder Wand (doesn't break, casts Reset).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The grass is the indicator that the person streams their runs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

!Mix does not count as magic and will trigger Omniscient's Reset counter. That said, if you're playing on the SNES, GBA or Playstation version, you could just use !Mix to inflict Berserk on Omniscient to prevent him from being able to use his counter script. Just make sure you set yourself up with some defenses before doing that, since he hits like a freight train once he's Berserked.

Or just... not do Fork Tower? Chemist/Knight/Ninja/Bard has no need for anything past the Pyramid.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

I don't believe you can use Holy in that fight.

Correct, but Mystic Knight could literally not give less fucks about Omniscient. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Red Mage is a White Mage that trades in Shell for rods.

And an offensively garbage magic score. They have less loving magic power than Bards.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

already powerful enough

I don't understand.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Hmm. I rarely get Monk, but a Barehand Swords Dance crit has to do 9999 right?

quote:

[8:32 AM] Kyrosiris: .mcalc 30 50 fists
[8:32 AM] Carbybot: At Level 30, with 50 Strength, your fist M is 7 (with 63 attack power). To reach the next M, you need to reach level 31.

63 * 2 * 2 = 252, 7 * 2 = 14, 252 * 14 = 3,528

So no, not even remotely, assuming relatively high levels for W2Death. To crit for 9999 you'd need uh... level 52.

quote:

[8:38 AM] Kyrosiris: .mcalc 52 50 fists
[8:38 AM] BOTCarbybot: At Level 52, with 50 Strength, your fist M is 12 (with 107 attack power). To reach the next M, you need to reach level 57.

107 * 2 * 2 = 428, 12 * 2 = 24, 428 * 24 = 10,272

(level 51 is 105@11 M, for 9,240 damage)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Charlett posted:

I did three runs last time, probably going to try a Zerker Risk this time, because I had too much good luck with jobs last year and didn't get a single 'zerker. For shame, Charlett.

Not entirely sure how to run with Berzerkers aside from like, using the thief knife to steal good scythes or something? It seems pretty difficult but I've played a bunch of FF5 so I guess I could probably do it.

You get anywhere from one to eight (depending on if you get Ninja) Death Sickles from Crescent Island, and they carry you for 90% of the game. :black101:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Thanks for the math, but I was actually thinking of Omega. 52 seems reasonable for Omega and that party.

Ah, fair enough. Then yeah, you'd basically be praying to god for 8% crits on a 50% 25% chance (Monks can't equip Lamia's Tiara) for SD, which I know is doable, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to bother without Omega trapped outside time.

Worth noting that your Sword Dances would actually still punch through Omega even if non-crit, just for uh... let's call it chip damage.

(107 * 2 = 214 - 190 = 24 * 24 = 576)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 31, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Oh. That's bad. That's very bad.

I'd use Barehand on the Dancer myself, but if your non-crits hurt him that's not going to work.

If you want to ensure that a non-crit never does damage (to dodge reactions), you'd need to ensure your attack power is under 95 even after random variance, which is (0...(Level/4)). That makes the magic breakpoint level 41 (41 / 4 = 10; 85 fist power at level 41 + 10 = 95 * 2 = 190, which is Omega's defense score). You're then looking at crits equal to 85 * 2 * 2 = 380; 10 * 2 = 20, 340 * 20 = 6800 damage (skewing as high as 95 * 2 * 2, 7600 damage).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shyfted One posted:

And not updated for 2019 yet

Well, at least the website. I don't know if gilgabot is setup for the new reg types.

My #regadvance (with risk, naturally) went through without a hitch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MagusDraco posted:

Either the result of those twitter polls (it's a subset of regpopular) so Blue Mage, White Mage, Time Mage, and Summoner or it has something to do with The Run. RK hasn't specified beyond "it's a subset of popular which is why it shows up as a Popular run when you registered"

Man that would be an astounding way to just rip the game in half like Doomguy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Two, one of which got voided to make room for a Cannoneer. :toot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

The difference between #Chaos and #PureChaos is that #PureChaos can have the same job come up multiple times, right

Pure Chaos: no dupes, yes freelancer/mime
Chaos: yes dupes, no freelancer/mime

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sneaky Wombat posted:

Which is considered the cool kids hot pick!?

Winner Risk, duh. You get a cool name color in discord and everything.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep is LPing a pre-Fiesta Fiesta run! Go read it, it's interesting!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MagusDraco posted:

It's more like 30,000 MP so tedious doesn't begin to describe it. Though if you can silence him for a moment an give him an ether then you can drop him down to 9999 MP

I would be wary of expecting that to work on Matrix, since none of the other good and useful bugs work on Matrix.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

fool_of_sound posted:

Ranger is solid but only really shines in certain combos.

Yeah, that combo being "Rapid Fire with an equipped Chicken Knife to poo poo damage out everywhere". :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

We should really pool for the fastest possible run next year

In fairness we vote-brigaded for that one year and that was the "DEATH BY MATH IS BORING, I'M GONNA SUICIDE IN THE WIND SHRINE" year from dragondarch. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, one Samson's Might gets him to 27 which is L3 Flare-able.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Chemist takes luck because it takes awhile to set their stuff up.

Only if you're trying to keep all four people alive. It takes two rounds to get the essential buffs up on a single dedicated Omega killer otherwise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Hitting Omega with an axe sounds horrible.

Rune Axe is 90% accuracy, so it's only marginally worse than using a non-Dagger weapon. (Effective 4.5% hit rate vs 5% with a non-Dagger or 53% for a Dagger)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Arist posted:

BUT MY BRAVE BLADE :v:

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/748314274376740864

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

Brave Blade Best Blade

This man also likes geomancers

let that influence how you interpret his heresy

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Brave Blade and Geomancer are both extremely good.

:wrong:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Funktastic posted:

this got missed in the toxx post (i forgot to do anything to make it stand out whoops)

My bad. :shobon: Fixed.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

agradine posted:

Say what you will about Geomancers, at least they aren't Dragoons.

Dragoons are a bulky chassis to boltstrap whatever good skills you have onto and have the unique ability to avoid TKO abilities like Almagest if timed right.

Dragoons are way better than Geomancers.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

What does the Aegis Shield get you in this run though? Magic attacks aren't a problem once you have Bard and White Mage, and your only shield bearer is going to be Berserker anyway.

A 33% chance to no-sell anything and everything in the game quantified as magic is absurd even if your only shield user is a Berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Blue/Zerk (risked)/Summon/White from #regwinner.

I have zero problems with this whatsoever. Full speed ahead to an easy double.