Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Militaires Sans Intelligence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Liberals don't actually understand what grift means or why it's a bad thing, and just think 'they must somehow be making money off this, why else would they disagree with me?!?'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Been said before, but of the things Trump is actually good at is being a catty bitch

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Can the foreign peanut gallery get some English translations if possible?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

You have to do it tweet by tweet but the translate option on them is pretty reliable

Just giving the gist of what they're saying is what I meant, and thanks to those who do that

Epic High Five posted:

The fact that MAS said that if they thought there was any funny business this time they'd have no other option than mass violence is also probably a factor

It's so loving great to see someone not shackling themselves with :decorum:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

y'xll is pretty :discourse:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I don't get the globe emojis

are they people who read right wing accounts of (((globalists))) and decided that was a thing they wanted to be

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Liberals have to learn the hard way that rules only matter when they are enforced. This is probably why most of the left resurgence is coming from minority groups, who have to become intimately aware of this to survive.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I swear it's not the first case where the meme candidates are the last ones standing after all the Very Serious People have been knifing each other.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The candidate most likely to establish a Department of Silly Walks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Slugnoid posted:

Guaidó looks like he just ate a lepers rear end wtf is wrong with his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuNVbrw5Azk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

Hes a loser who everybody hates but has impeccable credentials so they see a lot of themselves in him

This is the funniest option and so almost certainly true

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's no way Venezuela's government wants to get rid of Guaido. They might replace him with someone remotely competent.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I dunno if that would work in the English speaking world, since not only climate denialism but outright worship of fossil fuels and celebration of environmental destruction and animal cruelty is one of the few things that the neonazis, donor classes and mere boomers all generally have in common. Any environmental concern is seen as hippie leftist sjw jewish poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Trucknik

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bk. posted:

Are overseas votes counted after the ongoing rural count?

Would hate to see the current trend undone by the diasporic tendency towards fascism.

The diaspora iirc really isn't anywhere near enough to tip the scales at this point.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I can't help but want to make O'Brien jokes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Accused of the alleged crime

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

fermun posted:

He actually oversaw the construction of that prison back when he was head of the National Intelligence Service, before being arrested and thrown in it, so hopefully he feels at home there.

Might have spy fiction brain going on but half a mind thinking that's exactly the idea, if he's still able to throw around massive bribes from inside prison he's probably not uncomfortable there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

What if they put ground up psychic crickets in it

Is this how you become a metal gear boss

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SexyBlindfold posted:

The Cuban government deliberately prioritized three groups for emigration during the 1980 Mariel boatlift, seeking to rid the country of 'undesirable' elements and de-estabilize the Miami exile community at the same time:
1) hardened criminals
2) dissidents
3) feet pic guys

They actually really aren't sending their best

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still feel the probably racist urge to make a joke about how she has to settle for marrying O'Brien

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You know this guy talks big on the internet, but when confronted in real life all he can do is struggle to come up with talking points.

That must have been a difficult session

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Plutonis posted:

Brazil is probably the mirror world version of the US response atm because most State Governors have been enforcing mask mandates and vaccination since early on while the Federal Government has been very obstructive on that matter. The governors honestly have done a pretty good job considering their circumstances, securing as many doses as possible and keeping lockdowns and curfews.

Oddly reminds me of how things went in Australia, though it looks like the one Premier who's as myopic and incompetent as the PM is looking to gently caress all that up for everyone.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

So apparently this is why the Cuba op failed, lol. The Guaido stooge-to-be was Cuban intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qezipvu5E

Edit: nm, looks like its an older op but still the same scam.

Turns out COINTELPRO works the other way around too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

babypolis posted:

us journalisrs get really horrified when they realize other countries dont have the same slavering, fethistic devotion americans have to their own garbage constitution

Kinda giving a game away to be horrified at changing the constitution written by a fascist

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Her qualifications are having played Tropico

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

30.5 Days posted:

Something about Anez hiring mercenaries to murder her political opposition and then doing a million :'( photo ops from the window of her cell reminds me of Sinema but I can't really put my finger on it.

Does Bolivia have the death penalty?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Crusader posted:

everyone is too terrified of the clowns having communist havana rays like in that bond movie with the soviet clown assassin

Why was this guy not in Goldeneye

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat it seems like he's playing the system (the same way all our politicians do)

Seems better if he's actually giving people a material reason to vote for him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So did Trump actually wreck the security state that badly, or are centrist liberals incapable of dealing with even the things they're supposed to recognise as problems now? Or both?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lol, did they finally realise how embarassing they looked

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The whole pretender to the throne thing seems like something you could only really pull off when actual thrones mattered and they didn't have TV or internet for anyone outside the country capital to tell who was really in charge day to day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's been a while since we've seen a coup leader get the bullet. Would be nice to see some examples made.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Feel like I haven't heard about Havana Syndrome in a while.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jose posted:

Lol the UK is currently.high inflation and I think negative growth or basically 0%. Bolivia's inflation is 0.9%

https://twitter.com/KawsachunNews/status/1488556947188203523?t=h0wTTI29AC3lzsMZe_kdHA&s=19

loving lol there's a genuine anez stan in the comments

Does Bolivia have the death penalty?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Can be both, but dumber and more brutal fascists than Anez have successfully maintained power.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

dead gay comedy forums posted:

had he simply accepted them as a force that would be critical of him but defensive of his social and economic policies, he wouldn't have to worry about much and would probably die of old age as president

You could probably say this about a lot of leaders, but this especially comes to mind. Especially given the people who suck up to you all the time are not the ones you can trust.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mob nicknames are literally a tradition that goes back to the Romans.

Also the US in declining empire is basically full on narcissistic meltdown, complete with missing missing reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

These people tend to genuinely believe the real world works like Call of Duty and they'll have 100:1 kill ratios.