Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm at the Chapo show in Dublin and it's the first time I've seen a queue for the men's room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Someone at the show last night abruptly yelled 'BONG HIT TRANSPLANT' during an unrelated bit and it made everyone on stage visibly uncomfortable. A perfect microcosm of every podcast thread on this subforum.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm calling you out or something but please don't import Twitter drama. I'm guilty of it too but it really does turn threads to a lovely helldump-lite. I assume that stuff is what got the previous threads gassed

But even as we speak A*** K******** and her cadre of contrarian egirls are consolidating their power.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Felix will revitalise himself when a general election and the next generation of consoles occur within the same year. Amber will be left holding the bag in a complicated wire fraud case following an aborted debate tour with Milo.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The Burger King Kids Club, but for doing sweet rails.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The only pure podcasts in NY are We Hate Movies and The Giant Beastcast.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

xtal posted:

I'm so tired of finding a new podcast at the top of iTunes and having it be a true crime episodic. We're past peak true crime, people, stop doing it. Just listen to MFM and Casefile and shut up.

That said, I desperately need some new podcasts, because I haven't added any to my subscription list in a long time. Can anyone suggest some newer podcasts or ones that are less popular?

Have you tried Sword and Scale OP?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mike Boudet is a "I'm making my own donation site because of censorship on patreon" level chud

I checked the description of the latest episode after posting that and it unironically used the term 'Beta Orbiters'.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Jen Kirkman shrunk herself down and tried to plant a bomb in Bernie's bloodstream.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
My favourite host was the guy from the first couple of episodes who just breathed heavily and never said anything.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Apropos of nothing I'm very happy about Felix's response to NGE and hope it informs his work going forward.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Zurakara posted:

While I'm assembling assets for my idiot vanity project, are there any topics people would like covered regarding my podcast? I'd rather not blow my load early on subjects I'm most passionate about, and I'd also rather not become a "reads wikipedia article" type podcast, and deep dives take time for research into primary sources and mailing time to have stuff delivered, read, and something resembling an entertaining narrative teased out. Assuming I even have the talent for the last one.
While my own focus is MENA/Central Asia, I wouldn't be adverse to doing stories from elsewhere, though thematically I'd probably keep Western Europe and Rome epidodes rare if I keep the podcast going.

Do The People's Crusade and Peter The Hermit.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/llw902/status/1199088686643777537?s=21

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Is there a Mister Gender?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Finicums Wake posted:

this is one of the most obscene thing i've ever seen posted on the internet

https://twitter.com/ericrweinstein/status/1208291743583608833?s=21

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
How could the host of The Friendlymen, my favourite podcast, do that to Rachel?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The Brooklyn Podcast Bubble will be burst by wave after wave of STI scares, leaving the medium in the rightful, virgin hands of TV recap and role playing podcasts.

The Lobotomy Kid has issued a correction as of 10:37 on Dec 30, 2019

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The Safdie episode was good you fucks

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Bro Dad posted:

Greg Proops is the most lib-brained man in existence

If you don't believe me look at his Twitter it reads like parody

Proops blocked me and it hurts worse than when Adomian did.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
It's bad folks.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Mormons blew up the challenger

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Jake is the Nick Wiger of the East Coast.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Going back a few pages, but the Inward Empire series on Ngo Dinh Diem is a pro listen. I also feel like all mayors could learn from his voluntary celibacy.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Accidental self-immolation outside the Russian embassy. People will think it's intentional but Bap will actually just gently caress up throwing a homemade firebomb.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If I had a political podcast I would avoid stating what I think should be done or else get arrested.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Rude Tales of Magic has really good production for a D&D podcast but I wasn't prepared for nude hamboning being used as a foley effect.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Jon Wurster is a lib

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
JFK was taken out by Big Hat.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If a bunch of armed men showed up at my work I would just get high in the bathroom and wait for them to leave

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Crazy rear end White Na'vi

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Farm Frenzy posted:

please stop reading d&d

quote:

In person? Usually it's "creepy little weirdo" or "little psychopath" or something along those lines, but I'm colorful and imaginative.

On the internet? Sure. Sometimes. Usually I'll hear it if I rant about Wolverine. I have an enormous pet peeve that Wolverine is portrayed by Hugh Jackman, who is 6'2 (he does a lovely job, don't get me wrong). That is an entire foot taller than the comic character. A whole foot. Wolverine is 5'2. Why the hell am I not allowed to have my hero who is short and mean and masculine and tough?

Why is this one class of people that are unarguably disadvantaged in basically every sphere of life, from job prospects, to dating, to again, simply being physically threatened by other people, to incarceration rates, to being considerably more likely to commit suicide, at something like, 9? 10? percent higher risk per 2 inches or 5 centimeters or whatever----why is that the one loving class of disadvantaged people it's OK to still bully?

Maybe Ben has some unresolved issues. But I gotta say, I do not much like the chatter about his book character. There's a loving bizarre view people have about short men, and how we all envy taller men and daydream and wish we were taller. Which is offensive horse poo poo. Imagine making this claim about any other marginalized group. "Oh, he just daydreams about being white". "She wishes she were a man". So what if Ben actually does? How do you think that accusation sits with anyone else? I don't daydream about being taller. I daydream about respect. ....and being able to dunk. But in my dreams I'm the same height and can just jump really high.

Yeah, Iunno. It's a pretty frustrating disadvantage in general, even at my "somewhat below average" height. It's very difficult to get people to actually realize it's a significant disadvantage. I can't even imagine what it's like to be someone who is 5'2, 5'3 as an adult, though I was proportionately shorter as a child. 20% higher chance, was it? That'd just about do it.

As a random aside, 5'3 Muggsy Bogues played in the goddamn NBA and averaged two and half rebounds a game. (And had a season with more than 4!) What a legend.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

3+ hour true anon ep on the mandalay bay shooting with felix lmao

Felix's Eric Paddock sounds exactly like Travis McElroy. Food for thought...

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Mike Duncan suffering from the Mark Ames curse it seems.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

I'm only half way through but this is a pro click and suddenly makes me want to watch Person of Interest now that it sounds like everyone sharing a set with him has to be aware how close they are to being murdered

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

xtal posted:

Fr? They're both literally the same class of grifter. I will bet a million dollars he writes a book. It's just the usual progression of things.

can i be on your podcast

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If you ask me they got totally snaked by Action Boyz doing a live show the same night.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Felix got caught on a hot mic and they ended the stream

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm coming in late to this, but Virgil's real name was Yashar Ali?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

had a crazy person in my family who was basically a cross between the lady from the article and Will's joke about pulling up to the animal shelter every week like "need something new." had multiple dogs put down under very sketchy circumstances. eventually another family member had to call all the shelters in the area and tell them to ban her from adopting any more dogs.

Being related to Lena Dunham must be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao bruh you are so obsessed with me, PM me ur address and i'll send you some underwear to sniff

Can you teach me to perfectly time my Ki Pulse ability