Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

i say swears online posted:

oh yeah you say this but refuse to mention there was no "oh i'm SO high"

Dunno, she was explaining just how hungover she currently was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
my r is so hard right now

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
BOS is really good but the episodes without katie are much worse

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol glenn is so perma-owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to get the elon holes drilled in my brain and download stav bot

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

grubstakers jeffrey epstein part 2 episode

Nick rules because he's basically chronically depressed all the time except when he gets to talk about pedos.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

oh boy dollop live shows for 2.5 hours of hooting over a 2 paragraph wikipedia article.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
drat now I want to see mattys gently caress up hooves

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
gonna wedgie that dweeb so hard they break three bones in their neck

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
surprised Pod Don't Lie couldn't pick up any ad reads yet seeing that stav is like 1000 times more responsible than nick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Nuffle is the only wh god I know but I also only play blood bowl for the 'hams.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
so amber is obv newman is the seinverse, but she is also rachel in the friendverse, does this jive?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

lost it during the last TrueAnon pod when it was revealed Cormac McCarthy came up in connection with the Epstein Ranch and Brace said "this is Yes Country For Young Girls"

that was a v good joke

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MizPiz posted:

I'm really just upset they're getting more on patreon than Street Fight

They hold you upside down and then the extreme vocal fry shakes the change out of your pocket.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So is the Barstool podcast where women refer to other women as "holes" real. I see zero evidence in reality to disbelieve it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

good news: dasha is back from her acting gig in Thailand and Anna is back from her trip to Europe

Dasha is on a manic upswing thanks to her Wellbutrin and “a sip of Vyvanse water,” so it’s an unusually lively ep

It's not remotely surprising dasha is into child sex tourism.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
thin blue line is still the goat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zegermans posted:

like that goon that went to a free palestine protest with a two kills/one shot IDF shirt to be ironic

that owns, did they get knocked out cold by a sucker punch?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It the jew adam or is the short one nick? It could go either way.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
chapo literally exploded bernies heart with their ample supply of internet research stimulants

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol at the incel commie defenders itt

*crying* "mao didn't gently caress"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

It's an overall funny show,

allegedly

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't really spend much of my day thinking about whos canceled or who to cancel

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

that too

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
she's going to do it
she's going to gently caress you until you love her

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

imo if u did a podcast that was lastgirl + marianna horchata + al + random guest, it would outrank chapo

edit: also, include nichael and the other iks and mods. thanks

lol you think they would get anywhere without being born into the ny media power structure?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

will menaker, failson who terribly worked a job at a NY publisher in a world where no one reads books, ny media power structure nepotism case

matt christman, unemployed Ohioan failson supported by a librarian wife, ny media power structure nepotism case

felix biederman, Chicagoan failson whose lawyer dad died 15 years ago and pursued a productive career in bouncing and garbage collection, ny media power structure nepotism case

lol the seriousposts to defend ru stans

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

"jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded"

welcum to cspam
please stay

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

this was confirmed??

lol no

but yes absolutely 100%

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grevling posted:

Then later got a brain tumor from trying not to think about those gigantic tits.

amber was john mccain's daughter?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

THS posted:

ames is in long island

long island is lovely but it's not west iowa lovely

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sleeptalker posted:

None of you are free from grift.

I participate in capitalism

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
do you know how to yes and?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

Lol. Amber caused movie bob to have a meltdown.

who are either of these people

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ATP_Power posted:

Fall of Rome and Tides of History by Patrick Wyman.

Fall of Rome is gonna cover the tail end of the History of Rome, but since Wyman did his PhD on the late Roman Empire and has resources and knowledge that Duncan doesn't (like being able to read Latin). He takes a different tack, and is less focused on the grand narrative and spends more time digging into the material circumstances of the age, and draws much more from the archaeological and environmental record and also uses far more primary source materials that aren't the rich historians of the times to try and fill in what living in the collapsing western empire would've been like for the 'common' people of the empire, and what the lives of the so-called barbarians were like. Duncan does a great job with his series, but Fall of Rome is a great companion which gives a ton more texture to the period.

Tides of History is broadly about the rise of the modern world in Europe, and covers a ton of topics, such as the invention of the printing press and its impact, the 100 years war, the crusades, the age of exploration, the black death, and the reformation, but all with an eye to to building narratives for people not at the top of the power structure, and exploring the material conditions that shaped these events and not just focusing on the machinations of kings and aristocrats.

It's a well produced show with a level of scholarship which is a step above its contemporaries IMO.

I listened to those and they were good when they were a recount of the things he did his thesis on and okay when he realized that it's hard to produce a weekly history podcast without just interviewing someone or giving a cliffnotes of some book

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

I haven't listened to it, but Heaven's Gate is a podcast about Heaven's Gate people have recommended before

the good movie or the good cult?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Serious question, if revolution is off the table then what's the point of any of this?

Im here for the posts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
CoolAdamBot

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
dudes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
all consumption under capitalism is ethical