Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jeralt being like FE6 Karel or Athos would also own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I now feel validated in going for the Seasons of Warfare bundle, this game is gonna own

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Annath posted:

RIP recruitment I guess.

I guess it's not dead in the sense that if you have a certain relationship with a character you might be able to recruit them when the path goes from school to the war

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

modern Jugdral is gonna own, DLC Thracia too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

will Byleth even necessarily be silent? Supports are still a thing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

just lol if you aren't going to romance Manuela or Edelgard

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Fighter has three weapon types wow

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

maybe some of those supports are locked by the time skip?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Carlosologist posted:

just lol if you aren't going to romance Manuela

I wonder if you'll be able to do reclass shenanigans with your prepromotes

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Swordmaster Petra is easy

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Junpei posted:

Petra is gonna be a super flexible unit. I can see using her as a Swordmaster, a Hero, a Sniper, a Bow Knight, a Peg Knight, a Wyvern Knight, or even a Paladin.

heroes are male-locked again so sadly the foreign queen can't have a bad rear end cape

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm putting this in tags just in case for anyone who doesn't wanna see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzWLMZN1Pk

you can run around in battle like in Warriors! you're still moving according to the grid but that's pretty cool

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you guys figure we'll have growth customization for Byleth? Classes are already pretty obvious with how they're gonna work

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Since I was bored, I threw together a sheet based on all known information for all the units. The first sheet is weapon proficiencies with preferences, and the second is skills and crests

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wlM9QLtT2txGR9gB503AA4GvGAJcF0euh2OpXBCc_qA/edit?usp=sharing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endorph posted:

Couple things, Felix's crest is actually major, not minor. I think a couple of the others are, too. One of Lysithea's? Also I think Dedue and Linhardt's skills work if they move then wait.

Good catches, I'll edit those

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m going for Swordmaster FByleth and my daughter Petra will also be a Swordmaster

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Made additional edits based on what you guys have been saying. Once the game comes out let me know what else I should add!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The fourth route is Revelations but Good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I plan on joining the Black Eagles so that I can marry the empress and begin a reign of terror

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My Seasons of Warfare order made it through :slick:

Really excited for the art book in particular

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what the base is gonna be post time skip once you're on the road

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that the fourth route will be some kind of golden ending where you unite the continent

it would be cool to be the Black Eagles, but Dicks but I feel that it's hard to stay away from a plot that brings everyone together at the end

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I honestly don't see the big deal about FByleth's outfit. it's fine on the whole honestly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Who is everyone gonna try and poach for their team? Assuming we only have time for one or two characters before the skip

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

based on some of the post-skip art, I'm definitely gonna try and get Leonie on the Black Eagles. whew, that's some solid artwork

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wuggles posted:

Edelgard is very cute but IRL I’d probably want her in a guillotine. Black Eagles or Blue Lions?

Black Eagles: marry the empress who tries to overthrow the church
Blue Lions: figure out why the blonde kid has an eyepatch

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The bastards could have given us infinite save files but no

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The guillotine is Edelgard’s axe

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the empire will judge you all by the end of this weekend

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

From a gameplay perspective this looks to be the most mechanically sound since the rebirth

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you bastards I can't play until tomorrow night, I'm clearing out have fun

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hunt11 posted:

Does anyone have a link to the page that listed all the units you could poach from other houses?

everyone's on the table except for the house leaders and their retainers, so Edelgard, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue, Claude, and Hilda

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If I understand this correctly, if you’ve got the weapon rank you can use the weapon regardless of class? Because I happened to see a Merc Byleth using a lance

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Does anybody want pictures from the art book?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m gonna make Dorothea my dancer

So far I don’t really have a concrete plan other than the above. Petra seems good for Thief, and I’m probably gonna make Sylvain and Ferdie cavs. Not sure what to do with my Byleth just yet

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It’s a completely different story on each route

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Byleth is a true self-insert character and that’s fine because much like in real life I enjoy screwing with my students while also supporting them

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zoran posted:

I took down the bonus boss in Chapter 4! Here's how I did it:

These are the Death Knight's stats. He can counterattack from anywhere, is sitting on an obnoxious +40 Avoid tile, has 15 AS, and gets a powerful weapon with a high crit rate. He doesn't move at first, but if you ever attack him, he will activate on enemy phase and use his 8 Movement to kill someone.

For my strategy, I wanted a Lord, who provides +3 damage to adjacent allies with the Charm skill; a strong bow unit who could attempt to get chip damage from the other avoid tiles; Byleth; and a powerful Lance user with C Lances.

Since I'm playing Golden Deer, Claude was my Lord and my bowman in one, while Leonie was my best lancer. Leonie works particularly well because she gets +2 damage from being adjacent to men, and my Lord is male, so she gets +5 when she's next to him. By this point, I had also raised Byleth to level 10 and promoted him to Mercenary.

Other characters chipped in too. Hilda's personal skill gives a damage boost to men:

And I got Ignatz up to D Authority earlier, which unlocks Rally Speed for him. That let him rally Claude, pushing Claude's AS high enough that the DK couldn't double him.

If I hadn't rallied, I would have to pray for at least one miss and no crits. But now, Claude only has to avoid the crit. You might have noticed Petra over on the other side of the boss; she's there just to provide support bonuses, giving a small boost to my hit rates.

Now my Lord is on a diagonal from the boss. Anyone adjacent to him will get +3 damage, so in particular the squares above him and to his right get the boost. Before I exploit that, I move Hilda up. I need to block the mage in the north, or else that mage and the one to the west would both be able to attack a single unit. That would be bad news because the Death Knight cripples anyone who attacks him.

Byleth moves in. He also needs to avoid a crit, but his Speed is naturally high enough that he doesn't get doubled when using a light enough Sword. If it weren't that high, I would have to use a Gambit from Jeralt's Mercenaries for chip damage instead (with a much worse hit rate), and my other attackers would have to use Steel weapons, which have worse Hit and would weigh them down.

Lastly, Leonie finishes things with Knightkneeler.

She gets a nice reward for her efforts.

We're not out of the woods yet! Since Claude didn't dodge, he's so weak that the western mage will one-shot him.

But Marianne is here to save the day with Physic.

So the three mages around the Death Knight move in, but everyone lives, and we're ready to take on the rest of the map.

These are excellent tactics

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

cheetah7071 posted:

I remember dancer existing from the spoilers but don't see it in my class list, will it be added after I find some special type of seal?

haven't gotten this far yet, but this site has the explainer: https://twinfinite.net/2019/07/fire-emblem-three-houses-dancer-class-how-unlock/

also Dorothea is the best girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't want to read this spoiler but Ingrid's paralogue also has a very funny ending

Ingrid: oh hey dad gave me a ring as a reward. Dorothea, you're in this paralogue for some reason, take it
Dorothea: yes I will marry you
Ingrid: what no I'm just giving you money don't make this weird
Dorothea: oh. Byleth can have the ring then, I guess

lmao this owns, I need to recruit Ingrid now