Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mr. Eraser is evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

WTF do I do in Sea of Sorrow?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The steelbook's plastic sleeve is so much better that the actual case cover it's amazing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Dork457 posted:

That's the ticket! Thanks!
One of the story mode levels does that. It fires out a shell that bounces between two switches linked to a vertical wall you need for wall-jumping.

I love cheating in the story mode. Each level you beat with cheats is marked as beaten by Luigi.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

poo poo... I need more money for the art, but Mushroom kingdom is out of jobs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I wish there were a fully-fledged background layer for silly stuff that doesn't get in the way.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is there a way to immobilise a koopa car? I can't spawn an empty one, and the enemy tends to drive around and crash. Locking one between two springs is noisy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

For the first time, I've made a Mario... at least I think I did. I may have gotten something wrong.

The King In Yellow

TPC-2B7-4YF

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

People are leaving "be careful" posters in the levels right where they cover bottomless pits.

Oh, check out some guy's Sky Tennis: 3J6-4YV-SXG. It's Pong.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jul 1, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I've just had an easy level that was just a long pool from start to finish.
I died.
I wasn't really expecting the pool to be one-tile deep.

Wow, the next one was a neat 2D demake of a level in SML 3D: PRW-P05-VSF

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 1, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I've just had a What's That Pokemon level. People spoiled the answer by drawing it all over the place.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Are there any unlocks for clearing more than 100 levels in a difficulty setting?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Going from Easy to Normal in Endless is switching from mostly inoffensive levels with an occasional tricky secret to single-block leaps over bottomless pits while under fire. In 15 lives burned I'm yet to finish a single normal course.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I'm not sure how many of these kinds of levels I'll make in the 3D World style in the future though. You just simply can't decorate the stage like you can the other styles.
Yes, but Cat Mario.

One thing that the Normal Endless pain has taught me is that at a certain range Cat Mario swoop is interrupted by tornadoes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The background layer of semi-solids is worthless and should gently caress off to a separate layer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is clear rate the only thing that determines the difficulty of a level?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

All that and more in the game's tutorial!

I've suddenly realised I want a level based on the escape scene in The Shawshank Redemption.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Things must be really busted if 136 easy levels in MM2 gave me a level I've not only played, but also liked.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

Just to check, when people go into course maker for the first time is there already a level generated? I never played the first and went in to find an smb3 airship level which was exactly the type of level I wanted to make and pretty decent on its own.
It's the level that loads as the title screen when you start the game. There are a few of them and the can all be played.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Kids, stop making levels about precisely bouncing the super ball into a tiny hole :argh:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Chief's art installation costs way too much, and reruns of jobs don't pay the initial reward.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more Builder Mario levels, that costume seems like it has a lot of potential
Mine was, but no one has noticed.*
Builder Mario summons boxes out of his rear end, but most people only remember about the hammer.

I'm making a Skipsqueak level, since they are adorable, and I'm learning all sorts of things. Most items drop through them, except for wooden boxes, and the boxes in turn can support powerups on top of them. So, you can make a thing that pushes out an item whenever the player jumps, which could be used for optional no-jump challenges.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Two Beans posted:

Something Awful
MD2-HB6-B3G

It tells it like it is!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I've built a Mouse Gym

WXN-K2P-FLF

It features constant squeaking.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

FlashFearless posted:

I feel like every time I have an idea for something in the 3d tileset, the block/mechanic I need isn't there. No note blocks?
It's ve-e-ery limited.
But I've discovered that you can send squeaks on really long trips by springing them off their start spot, forcing them to jump and then placing a glass pipe there so that they jump into it and set off on a wild pathfinding adventure. Winged ones also fly.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

There are so many levels titled Mario Kart *something* and they're all nearly the same.

Which theme has a space-like night mode? I'm thinking of a Star Citizen level...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so this is my final level for a bit. A goon asked for water levels and I hope to deliver a bit late. You'll be both above water and below it in the Porcupuffer Pond

I'd like some thoughts as I'm not quite used to making water levels myself and hoping I did alright :shobon: It's pretty straight forward and there's a goofy little extra path at the end if you feel like hanging around.
The water parts are just right. I died exclusively to goombas.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Amppelix posted:

The description also clarifies that the coins are optional.
Endless only shows descriptions in the pause menu.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

So many people killed themselves trying to get a clearly optional key for clearly displayed 50 coins in my Mouse Gym :allears: And there's a checkpoint right before it, so they kept trying over and over...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Will there be a patch to go with the server maintenance?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Here's an easy level by me, featuring deadly ramps.

The Star Citizen Saga

SVS-CLR-6NG

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can you explain the star citizen references in the level?
Lots of kickstarter money, elaborate trailers, dire actual space combat, ground maps with ramps that kill people more than enemies, attempts to add extra stuff like trains. Oh, and someone short tempered is trying to have a movie career in the secret room.

Oh, and there's a dick in the comments, so it's perfect.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

There's a hammer Mario. Why the gently caress is there no Donkey Kong?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is there a way to get flaming cheep cheeps without tossing them into lava?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

lol 10 bux posted:

Made a level that forces you to guide a goomba to the end. Killing it or losing it will cause Mario's death.

Goomba Rescue
8XY-W4N-9WG

HOW?!

I beat it because the death didn't trigger immediately after goomba's dying at some point, and then I waited the P-switch out on a shroom around the area where the huge Mario powerups start dropping. The rear P never triggered.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

A short course using the weird night castle theme.

A Fried Fish Dream

N2C-QGQ-NQG

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Now I've made a really fast one-button autoscroller.

A Flappy Night

QY8-BBQ-H1G

The coins are safe, but don't get greedy.
Props if you can get into the room in the title shot.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

A Flappy Night

QY8-BBQ-H1G
No attempts? Ow, it takes 40 seconds.
Secretly, the lava route is the easiest.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Whenever I go into "normal" I get invisible blocks over pits, or jumping across single spread-out note platforms over pits, or claws over pits, or a single-jump level where your trajectory has to go perfectly between saws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

you have got to be loving kidding
A score of 300-something in Easy only lands you in a 4000+ position in the leaderboard.