Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

gently caress it I'll jump back in this year. I dont have the heart to ruin the cup champs so I'll take the Ducks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Why the hell did I pick the Ducks instead of the Blues

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

If every pick in the draft was given a full two-hour window the draft would take ((31 teams * 24 picks * 2 hours per pick ) / 12 hours each day) = 124 days, so we'd be finished in November.

You gotta keep an eye on the thread to follow how fast the picks are moving, and when you see your spot coming up start thinking about who you'll want to choose. It's pretty easy to follow along, especially after the first day or two, and as cotc said the thread is pretty good about stating who's up and for how long.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The only thing more important in the modern NHL than youth and cost certainty is absolute, unwavering loyalty to the franchise.

The Anaheim Ducks select Sebastian Aho, born July 26, 1997.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The Anaheim Ducks are quite pleased to select Mark Stone.

Management would like to take this moment to reaffirm their support for all free agents to sign with whatever organization they wish, within the confines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement; and to state that the front office harbors no ill will towards any player who chooses to commit to a shiftless expansion team in the desert primarily for tax reasons rather than joining their plucky hometown franchise at a steep, steep discount.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The salary cap can kiss my rear end, I'll fill my bottom six with two-way deals if I have to. With a belated Happy Birthday the Ducks select Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'm definitely in "I have no idea how far the next guys I want might drop" territory

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I almost went with Werenski (among several others I considered) before taking OEL. They had pretty similar years last year from what I looked at so I went with experience and a contract vs youth and a pending RFA deal.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Y'all are some ravenous motherfuckers. The Ducks select Dylan Strome.

I admit I'm a little worried about this pick, after such a great year after the trade to Chicago he seems like a prime candidate for a slump. I'm hoping that at age 22 he'll continue to develop as a player but this is the first pick of mine that feels like a risk.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Bruins select Nikolaj Ehlers

poo poo! I thought he'd fall hard this year.

e: I guess he did fall compared to the last two drafts, just not far enough :mad:

FBS fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 20, 2019

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'll take Mattias Ekholm.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ekholm is so goddamned good, and that contract.
He'd be making 6-7 if he hit the market now

Ehlers and Ekholm were the two players I wanted next. They both have great contracts but Ekholm's deal is just ridiculous value (for his team).

x - Aho - Stone
x - Strome - x

OEL - x
Ekholm - x

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

picking in the middle really sucks

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Feels a little early in the draft to start making up names

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I need some more goal scoring to round out my top line so I'll take Evander Kane.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

VOTE1 posted:

2018/19 Penalty Minutes Per Team. (Gritness index)
pre:
FBS	325

hell yeah

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

gently caress you goalie-stealing pricks

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Since Binnington (an established starter) and Grubauer (who will be a starter) are gone, I'm going with a goalie who probably should be the starter on his team but won't. More importantly, the Ducks have cap problems and Juuse Saros is in the middle of a three-year $1.5m AAV contract and will be RFA when it expires.

So I choose a backup to be my starter. Maybe not the steal of the draft but I'm afraid of what my options will be if I wait any longer.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Anaheim's pro scouts are spending a few days drinking in New Orleans but have found enough time before passing out tonight to pick Andreas Johnsson

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

lazerwolf posted:

Oh come on. I was going to pick him here.

man I love this feeling

quote:

Edit: Going to probably regret this contract but Vegas selects Anders Lee

I almost took Lee before I found Johnsson, but I've already got too many big contracts like that.

Next up:
Ergo Propter Hog (til 1:10 PM ET)
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
Teemu Pokemon

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Wanna hear a funny joke? The Ducks select Adam Larsson.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

where the hell is Grant Clitsome

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I just got back home from vacation and I had a low-effort pick in mind to throw out there but now after those posts I've got to actually think about it, nice going

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

After much drink and some deliberation Anaheim selects Oskar Sundqvist.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'll take Frank Vatrano to fill out my top six.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I wanted either Lindblom or Hamonic next. Serves me right for looking at other players ~30 picks early instead of five hours after I get skipped

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'm feeling a little better about my cap situation but that's no reason to quit looking for value. I'll take Scott Mayfield and his four remaining years at $1.45m.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Jordan7hm is skipped

EL BROMANCE (5:39 pm ET)
Teemu Pokemon
eXXon
Jamwad Hilder
corn on the cop

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Carolina Spreadsheets would like to select Mathieu Joseph. 26 points in 11 minutes a night. Slight defensive zone split and a few shorthanded goals. Unfortunately he doesn't create a ton of shots/60 and his high dangers splits are in his favor and that's with some not so good line mates. I don't think he'll explode like Mangianpane might, but in an increase roll with higher quality line mates it isn't far fetched to see Joseph hit 40pts.

you're about sixty picks late my friend

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

corn on the cop posted:

these are mistakes i would make, if i did not know how to ctrl-f

I'm surprised I haven't done it yet but hey we're only half way, plenty of time left

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The Ducks welcome back French Jesus, Mathieu Perreault. Last season was disappointing for Matty P, he only put up 15-15-30 but his ice time was cut down significantly because his coach is a moron. He's still an effective and versatile player and he still makes his teammates better when he's on the ice. He's 31 but I think he can bounce back to a 40-point-pace middle six guy if he's deployed effectively. FIRE PAUL MAURICE

E. Kane - Aho - Stone
Johnsson - D. Strome - Vatrano
Perreault - Sundqvist - x

Ekman-Larsson - Mayfield
Ekholm - Larsson

Saros

FBS fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 2, 2019

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

fawning deference posted:

I was debating between Vesalainen and Perreault but ultimately didn't think either would get back to me and I wanted a younger talent.

Vesalainen is a great pick, he's going to have a huge opportunity with the Jets this season and we pretty badly need him to succeed right away

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

VOTE1 posted:

The Jets pick Brandon Tanev.

That would be a decent pick if you had also taken Lowry and Copp.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I've had my eye on Kempe for a couple of rounds and hoped he'd last to my next pick. Oh well

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

When you think "I need some offensive depth" you think of the Dallas Stars, so I take Jason Dickinson as my 4C.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The sleepy Avalanche pick Sami Niku to plunk on the third pair and hope he develops well.

I got to pick before you and I'm still mad at this post

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Since everybody else is gambling on random prospects who may not even make the NHL I'll do the same thing. Jesper Boqvist

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

CST is God's own timezone

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

the "godly east" is full of coastal elites, you heathen. only the middle remains pure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

well anywho if Boomer picks overnight is there anyone I can PM a list to that's likely to be up?

you can hmu, I'll be awake for a while and then I'll be up for work in the morning at a normal corporate hour