Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Lmao.
https://twitter.com/misterduby/status/1599182473669115904?t=28KDqGKZaZYVlO8uTIPPkQ&s=19
Also is that Muppet... An actual supe given its fate in the trailer :ohdear:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

poo poo, that trailer just sold me on the show. I was scared it was going to be 90210 or Dawson's creek with super powers. This actually looks fun and creepy.

I saw the first three episodes in a focus group about two months ago. It's actually good. I don't know if it'll be quite as good as The Boys, but it fits in the universe well, and my concerns for how it'd fit in to the universe were dealt with pretty quickly.

It has similar themes as the main show, but is perhaps a little more soapy while simultaneously satirizing that genre. In a way, it's kind of like The Magicians but in The Boys' universe. I think people will like it if they like the main show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched the first three episodes last fall as rough draft edits for a focus group. I liked it, and I think it does get the themes of the main show. It's definitely a young adult TV show in some senses, but not so much that it should turn off fans unless you have a very low tolerance. It also feels like it's part of the same universe as the show in terms of writing and production.

I wouldn't say it's as good The Boys, but it's worth watching.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Did any of those episodes cover what on earth is going on with the puppets?

No, I think someone's power is transforming into a puppet though.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

The first episode mentions Homelander being on trial for killing a protestor and people are saying Queen Maeve isn't dead, so it takes place immediately after season 3.

This was not in the focus group versions I saw last year, so I might have to rewatch. In fact, I remember one bit of feedback I had was it was how the chronology of the test episodes was very unclear.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Apparently the actor that plays Andre may be a right wing incel shithead because he’s following and liking a lot of right wing incel Instagram pages and content.

E: things like anti vax, red pill, Andrew Tate

On set "cast chud detector" must be a full time job now for productions.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Aces High posted:

is Gen V running concurrent to The Boys? How long has Soldier Boy been thawed out by this point? Maybe she picked some stuff up from other people about his actual personality and that change made it into her subconscious. Or she dirtied him up when she started masturbating and it just so happened to be in line with the real Soldier Boy

It takes place after season 3.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I never got the impression that Ashley has much control or even knowledge of what the various arms of the company do. It actually seems like a purposeful narrative demonstration of institutional rot, leading to extremely cruel organizations basically working on inertia and autopilot.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I'm interested to see how they square what Vought's been up to with Homelander's supe supremacist ideology. We've seen him reject Stormfront's eugenicist line of thinking because of his narcissism, so he seems to view most other supes as a reflection of himself that he can elevate to better bask in the glow.

So if he's in control of Vought now, did he know about this? Or the other testing facility that Stormfront was running? How on earth would Ashley survive keeping this from him if not?

I don't think he knew about it simply because he's not that inquisitive or smart. Or at the very least, he's too self-absorbed to be so.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shageletic posted:

I feel like the Boys made a potential mistake sidelining Stan this early....I say potentially because if they make it a purposeful plan from his end then that squares that circle. Half the fun if the Boys (well most of it for me) was seeing superherorics get squashed under the insistent control of capitalist monsters.

I agree. It's weird too because he's such a great actor.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I will watch this slop in perpetuity.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 2, 2023

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pik_d posted:

Please do not the slop

Caught my typo, but it works either way.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The song used in the trailer is really on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2O541bY00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/TVInsider/status/1787203500214018332