Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
*pointing at lions*
"look out your left in the shade of those trees and you'll see a whole flock of... those guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

Twenty Four posted:

*waves hands* birds, trees, animals, whatever. figure it out, im trying to drive a jeep here

Cubone posted:

[giraffes] these are

horses

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Careful near the river, everyone. More people die each year to water pig attacks than to snappy big snakes.

Jolo posted:

*Pointing at giraffes*

Some of these uhh four-legged ostriches can get really tall.

Farecoal posted:

"Woah, holy poo poo those guys look dangerous"

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

[Looking at an elephant shaking a tree] Land whales will shake loose birds, monkeys, deer, and other nesting creatures then feast on them while they're stunned.

canyoneer

first time here on the continent? let me give you some history. africa was named after the italian cartographer who originally mapped it, africa vespucci.

canyoneer

ah, what a treat! these are critically endangered in the wild. the species here is "Gorilla gorilla", but you might know them by their common name, "rowdy boys"

canyoneer

if we're lucky today folks, we might see one of the three big cat species out here. liars, cheaters, and lepers

canyoneer

FactsAreUseless posted:

[radio static sound] On the left, you'll see a collection, or grouping, of dirthole head-sticker-outers. You may have seen them on TV, or on the television. Look at their whole deal.

"aren't those meerkats?"

"hardly! they're wild animals, and taxonomically within the mongoose family"

canyoneer

there's an armored balloon lizard. they can go weeks without water and live to be over a hundred years old.

canyoneer

himalayan macaque
himaeatin macaque
himaclimbin macaque

canyoneer

pixaal posted:

And here we have our jumpy boxer guys that carry around smaller jumping boxers inside a pouch.

a child asks "you mean kangaroos?"

No, no the Kangaroos are next! The Kangaroo has a long neck for eating high green tree growth.

It's a ma-. mar. mar....
marsupial pacquiao

canyoneer

vanisher posted:

(Guide flipping frantically though an 8 page animal board book for toddlers)

"OK, looks like we got an.... elephant there."
*pulls lever several times*
"and the sound it makes is PHHRR-OOO"

canyoneer

"welcome to beautiful kauai! on our tour today i'll be pointing out some locations you may recognize from your favorite movies filmed here, including jurassic park and king kong!"

me, nervously locks doors

canyoneer

family of giraffes eating leaves off a tree

"amazing! it's Vachellia tortilis, aka umbrella thorn acacia! these trees are incredible. great canopy, deep roots, and excellent shade. the thorns won't deter those horses from eating the leaves though."
*misty eyed* "what a treat. it's a subspecies raddiana variety."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

"what are those pointy deer?"

*running through mnemonic in head* deer. morning deer. breakfast. breakfast melon. cantaloupe. antelope.

other guest pipes up: "i think it's a springbok"