Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Sweet tea is good, biscuits and gravy are good, and, most importantly of all, the Colts are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

Lol the only paper tiger from the afcs were those peyton colts after Dungy

There were only two Peyton years after Dungy and one of them they went 14-2, and benched their starters the last two games after winning 14 straight, then went to the super bowl (where they got crushed)...

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Man what is going on with Vinatieri

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah I thought they would at least try to make them jump with a hard count, but they didn't even do that...

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
go for it cowards

edit: oh wait they're on their own 35, i was confused, be cowards and don't go for it please

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
well...they're not cowards :staredog:

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Those two extra points sure would be nice to have about now...

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
oof that was real unfortunate for the Titans, not sure about spiking it there

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

lamar jackson is going to win mvp even though russ has prettier stats because you need a story to get mvp to supplement the stats

also i'm going to start posting in this thread about lamar jackson and the ravens

I think that's lovely and I welcome you my friend

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Also I feel like Derek Carr maybe doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I don't know why. Admittedly, I haven't watched many of his games this year, but he has looked fine when I did. On paper he looks pretty good. Total yardage is just middle of the pack, but he has the second highest completion percentage in the league, and his average yardage per pass is 7th in the league, ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and noted system qb Tom Brady, so he isn't just dinking and dunking to keep his completion percentage up. Why does everyone think he's terrible?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

They don't even sound like they believe it themselves.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I don't know, I think these close games are kind of just us returning to the mean. I know Colts fans have all been talking about how we are just a few plays from having 4 more wins, but I guess it's the pessimist in me that keeps seeing that all our games have been super close and we are also just a few plays from having like 1 win.

Obviously we do need to move on from Vinatieri, and I guess take a QB if there is a good one available, but I'm not counting on that. We really need players all over the team and it still feels like we are a draft class or two away from being really solid, which I think is what everyone was thinking at the beginning of the year; I think we all just got kind of caught up in the better-than-expected results.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not super excited for Rivers either. I think he will probably be fine (not great), and I will of course be happy if he wins games, it's just that mostly I don't like his stupid face.

Also I still hold a little bit of a grudge since it seemed like San Diego always had our number in the playoffs for a brief stretch like 15 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Yes please.