Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

I brought it up last thread because having spent 31 years of my life in Slough I'd never heard of Slough General, though I have spent many hours in the A&E department of Wexham Park. Oddly enough, most kids I grew up with were born in Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot because their maternity ward was much better than Wexham Park's and everything I've heard since tells me that even now that's still true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

My only contribution to any podcast would be to yell "BREXIT BARGAINS" in the most gammonly voice possible

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

definitely subscribing to UKMP if it'll teach me how to cook meth

responsibly

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Given up on TVs in general I think. Half my friends don't have a TV and the other half only do so they can hook up a games console and/or netflix

I have a TV and I spend most of my time listening to the radio on it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

winegums posted:

Bit of a yes, and ho! post, but....

I just learnt about the West Brom FC boiler mascot who came about after the club got sponsored by a boiler company.

Corbyn should put "football clubs will be returned to the hands of their members" as a manifesto pledge. The general corporatisation of football and gentrification of some teams is quite interesting to me as an outsider who doesn't really watch football; but the low-level complaints fans have about disenfranchisement from their teams seems like an easy way to get lots of people who are ostensibly non-political on-board.

At one end of the mascot spectrum we get

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1157220124560166912

And then we get

https://twitter.com/ArsenioB_Ham/status/1157108323721912325

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

I have a really bad cough right now and this made me laugh and cough so hard I got light-headed. Thanks for nearly making me literally die laughing.

it's a front and back of the same mascot...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

christ I think I just died

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

+1 vote for IDLES for soundtracking for the podcast because as has been discussed in previous threads, if any band was this thread, IDLES are this thread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1156147999300448256

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Currently sat in St Mary's Urgent Treatment Centre in Portsmouth as my kidneys feel like they're going to explode

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Someone just announced that there's a chance I won't be seen tonight HOORAY

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm almost certain this is something to do with the epilepsy meds I'm on

e: people getting royally pissed off at the waiting times in here

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 3, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

People getting even more aggro at the wait in here. Austerity at work

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Been seen, just pee'd into a sample tube which didn't hurt but holy hell I'm still in pain

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Didn't you say you had a UTI last week that mysteriously cleared up? Cos the two together sound exactly like my mate when he had kidney stones, they think the "UTI" was actually one of them passing.

I'm thinking the same thing tbh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I was seen! It's just a urine infection! I am now getting pillz

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jose posted:

When I got prostatitis a couple of years ago they thought it was this and also said if it was the prostate the antibiotics they'd work anyway. They didn't help and I had to suck it up for a full month before my body recovered. I hope it's just an infection for you mate

These pills I'm on should see a marked improvement in a day or two, and I only have a weeks worth of them anyway, so we'll see how it goes. Trying to drive when your kidneys are throbbing in agony isn't fun

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hey, that's what my cat's got. Are they making you wear a cone of shame to stop you licking yourself too?

I had to give a piss sample and then hold onto said sample tube for twenty minutes before being seen by the triage nurse, I think that was shame enough

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jose posted:

Lol give a stool sample and realise the mechanics are awkward and then you'll be embarrassed

true story: years ago, I was on a date in London and developed a stitch that got progressively worse to the point where I had to go to the hospital with my date. After being shown into one of the cubicles a nurse comes in with a gown in one hand and a piss cup in the other. I look at the nurse, look at my date, look at the nurse again and take the robe and piss cup and immediately want the earth to swallow me up

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jose posted:

Piss samples are awkward but not compared to catching your poo poo so you can scoop it up before it's in the water

that date piss cup sample went empty, even with me trying to fill it for five minutes with a tap running. But gently caress catching poo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarineTraffic/status/1157941159383175168

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I like that when they brought Brooker back to PC Format for the 100th or 200th issue, they gave him a review of a terrible truck simulator to do and that was it. It wasn't even half a loving page

e: the 37 is a circular bus route starting and terminating in Ryde on the Isle Of Wight serving the southern "suburbs"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 4, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Camrath posted:

PC Zone, ffs. PC Format was the dull one, PC Zone the fun one with Brooker et al.

Yes I take 90s games journalism v seriously.

gently caress you're right, I read both back in the day and it all kind of blurred into one

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I haven't had a lock on twitter for a while

this was worthy of one though

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

must be coincidence, I suspect the guns fell outta the shooters bags when he was startled by a Muslim (likely also a terrorist, because brown skin coloration) and in lawful self defence shot and killed 20 civilians. hopefully he'll get a pardon and possibly a knighthood from life-president trump. god bless america

to be clear, the image has been doing the rounds on reddit for a while, but the shooter posted it on his personal page but people, like the utter dickhead I replied to are saying "well, he didn't *make* the TRUMP IN GUNS thing so he's not all bad" defence and it's all poo poo but gently caress me, I'm still mad at twitter locking me for such a petty level of insult. If I knew what was coming, I would have gone in harder

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Well this doesn't make grim reading

https://twitter.com/sallygainsbury/status/1158041562993086464

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Saw a bit of Trump giving a speech where he speaks out about white supremacy after the shooting and boy, I dunno if it was the body language or the tone of his voice but that was about the least sincere condemnation of racism in human history.

Rather surprised the BBC are explicitly calling it terrorism though. Seems overdue.

He also referred to the tragedy in Toledo, which must have been news to them

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Oh also I've been reliably informed that the Vikings didn't appear in Britain until the 8th century, not the 5th, as the BBC history thing says.

I'd like to consult with a schoolfriend who's a doctorate and now BBC presenter in this era of history, but then I found out exactly how much of a waste she actually had been behind my back so that would be a solid no

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Bob Monkhouse was one of the best game show hosts.

Somebody is gonna tell me he was a massive racist/nonce now though.

From his wiki page: "Monkhouse was a vocal supporter of the Conservative Party for some years. He later told his friend Colin Edmonds that this may have been a mistake, but that he wanted to be associated with a winner and he knew Margaret Thatcher could not lose the 1987 general election"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Miners_Strike/status/1158786813122813953

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I saw Dillinger Escape Plan open Reading in 2002. The singer shat in a carrier bag and then threw it into the crowd, all before midday. Later on that day I ended up backstage in a hospitality tent watching Sid from Slipknot do a jungle DJ set. That's my Dillinger Escape Plan story

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean you pretty much caught their most fabled show of all time (it's either that or their hilarious Virgin Megastore appearance), so I'd say you're doing pretty good!

I wasn't into it, mainly because it was before midday on a Sunday, I was deeply, deeply hungover and in no mood for whatever was emanating from the stage. However, that's the one memory from that year's festival I have (The Prodigy headlined that same stage later that day and were abysmal)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I was also backstage at Reading 2002 watching Sid from Slipknot's DJ set. Small world...

No loving way

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I got the all time lowest score ever recorded in Pure Maths 2 A-Level in my school, mainly because I didn't get differentiation/integration from the start and both my teachers were loving awful

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1161751880864862209

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Surely they (lib dems and the green) would have to support the vonc regardless of whatever other sulky nonsense they have to say?

lol no

https://twitter.com/LamentablyAwake/status/1161767378704900097

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The Greens are being willfully dense as they should know that the mechanism for a second referendum is six months from it passing parliament to actually taking place, and there's only one of them. But the Lib Dems? They've signed their own death warrant as far as being a political force

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

So they actually went and ripped off The Wire?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

First into the palace of Westminster every day gets to be Prime Minister. Even the cleaners. This is the level we're stooping too. No wonder we're a laughing stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Am I right in that if two weeks pass from the first vote of no confidence passing and no government is formed, we get an election?