Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Just watched The Addams Family again and I have to say every time I watch it they seem like a happier more functional family than any real world one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Eddy-Baby posted:

They finished building this road like, last year. Great future proofing

Man for a first world country the UK is really terrible at building infrastructure that doesn't explode and shut down when it's like 35C or it rains a bit

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Shadow over Innsmouth but an entire country

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

But what about BREXIT JERMY what about Brexit whatboutbrext wha'bt'brxit wh'bt'brxt ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Just loving lol at this amateur hour bullshit, your ukmt.xls doesn't even have a dedicated chocolate_orange_prefs column

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYCS0kIsv-Y

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Easy peasy, see, first you make Sinn Féin take their seats in Westminster and stop Brexit, then you get a reunited Ireland, then the Republic of Scotland becomes part of Norway and they both join the EU...

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
"Shots fired"

Gotta love that passive voice bullshit the cops do

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Sometimes it horrifies me how far builders in this country will go to convert the most obtuse Victorian mansion rooms into living spaces and bathrooms

Like Lovecraft levels of “thing that was not meant to be”

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

This is how you become Latin America btw

33 in Christian mythos was the age of Jesus when he got nailed to a cross and seemingly died, but that is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 4, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Foreign music you say

what about... DOUBLE FOREIGN music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C04TKCce8s

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Comrade Fakename posted:

So, this video popped up in my YouTube recommends, it’s some lovely youtuber from America who lives in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIU_aAr3jao

But it raises an interesting concept: UK fast food/casual dining tier listing.

So come on then.

Famous fast food joint, Boots

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Sanford posted:

A woman on the tube berated me for giving a fiver to a beggar and then hopped off the train at Farringdon to “make a report” to the one loving copper working the underground today. I thought you Londoners stayed out of other people’s business?

Highly doubtful she's a Londoner - the local language is composed of looking down at your phone, passive-aggressive tutting, and a barely audible mumbled "sorry".

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Of course he's loving nobility

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Comrade Fakename posted:

UK adaptation of End of Evangelion looking to be a disappointment.

Zankoku na tenshi no Brexit

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

For all that Brexit campaigners are obviously evil shits, there's just something so mindnumbingly stupid about the hardcore FBPE types. It's like they want to alienate people.

I have no idea what you mean, here, have some pictures of me travelling around Europe on my parents' money while being completely useless and wanking thinking of the 2012 Olympics and Tony Blair

But yeah, Brexit is absolute poo poo but these idiots going "Brexit is bad because my dad-paid hols!" aren't exactly giving the best arguments

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Bill Gates predictably has lovely Libertarian opinions, but compared to Jeff Bezos he's a saint.

I mean I guess technically the asteroid that wiped the dinosaurs out can be considered morally superior to Jeff Bezos, but still

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

A Chrome extension that does this for all UK online newspaper headlines

EDIT: oh gently caress sake they hosed up my gang tag with some lovely avatar

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
loving trees getting their cum all over my eyes without warning or even a reacharound

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Gee I'm really surprised Epstein killed himself by three shots to the head while asleep, definitely didn't see this one coming

I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it though

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Also "peace prosperity and friendship with all nations" yes, this perfectly encapsulates Brexit hmmm yes

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

CGI Stardust posted:

On the subject of peace and friendship, I found out something really cool the other day. You know the 1977 Voyager probes? On board, each has a Golden Record, with a bunch of music, songs, speech etc. The first track is a greeting from Earth, you know the stuff, we come in peace and friendship and so on; it was spoken by a dude called Kurt Waldheim, the then-secretary-general of the UN.

It was discovered in the 1980s that Waldheim had lied about his military service during World War 2 - he'd actually been part of the bureaucracy managing "population shipments" in Eastern Europe, had been awarded a medal by the fascist Croatian government during the Second World War for services in "resettling" parts of the Serbian population, and almost certainly knew about the Jasenovac camp. America then put him on a no-entry list as federal statute prohibited anyone who participated in Nazi war crimes from entering the country.

So, in millions of years, when the sun expands and burns all trace of our species from this blighted planet, our last testament and legacy will be an unprosecuted Nazi war criminal saying "We step out of our solar system into the universe seeking only peace and friendship". Sweet dreams!

No worries, if there's any spacefaring alien civilisations out there they'll just get our radio wave broadcasts and mark Sol as a no-go area

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Please, the true pinnacle of human music is 4 track Amiga 500 demoscene

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Rarity posted:

No, they love democracy. They just wish it didn't have to be so democratic.

They love democracy but only middle class and up get to vote

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Stepford smile game strong jeez

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The right graph would be the same as the left except also adding "The Mass Media" and "The fascists" in red

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

communism bitch posted:

lol

So my dea dear sister's birthday is tomorrow and has asked that instead of giving her gifts we donate to a fundraiser she is doing. Which is all very nice, but she's raising money for PETA UK. I don't want to be a dickhead to my sister but I also don't want to give money to those wankers. What do?

Depends heavily on what kind of relationship you have with your sister.

For example with my siblings I could tell them "don't be a loving wanker, PETA is loving terrible you idiot" without fear of offending them, but if that's not a possibility then politely tell them you've been involved with another charity and tell them you donated there instead, or if you have a weird distant relationship just tell them you did and don't I guess

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Necrothatcher posted:

I uh, walked into the wrong off licence on holiday.

Ma che cazzo

Is it called "Il Duce" or what

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Josef bugman posted:

Sorry I should clarify that a bit more: Why are our political commentators within our media landscape so poo poo?

Like, why is it that none of them have any sort of long term nuance to their thinking? Why do they get continually blindsided by things?

They don't give a poo poo, they're making GBS threads out articles as fast as possible to get the clicks.

Journalistic integrity has been dead for a long, long time

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Bardeh posted:

Interestingly enough, the bookies still think No Deal is the less likely than not.

Not by much though, that's like a 60/40 split if I remember how to read those stupid odd numbers correctly

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
IMO let all the gammons shoot all the nukes they want at the moon but ship them there first. It’ll get rid of the nukes AND stimulate the space industry. I get a vibe of repressed sexuality, do they get off by fantasizing about nuclear death?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
“I grew up seeing poors on the street sometimes, this means I’m poor” is a take for sure

Also lol why is the pound going up?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Diet Crack posted:

Lol, so I tried to deactivate my twitter, but can’t even do that because it’s suspended.

Surely this goes against some level of privacy and data retention laws...

GDPR means you can send Twitter a letter asking them to provide you with all the data they have gathered on you AND the data gathered by others while on their site - depending on how it's interpreted this could mean traffic logs with IPs, etc. Sending them a lawyered up letter would have to make some engineers miserable for several days.

The fact that this hasn't been abused yet is nothing short of a miracle - I'm surprised some online group hasn't organised to send these letters en masse and completely shut down a company's IT department for months honestly.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm not sure it's even really possible to go through life without doing some crimes occasionally. For starters, trespassing, petty theft, and various traffic laws seem like something you're almost bound to break as a kid. Add drug crimes, vandalism and (minor league) arson for slightly more adventurous kids.

Have you ever committed a crime? (Y/N)

YES - I stole a lovely plastic toy from kindergarten when I was 4

--------------

APPLICATION DENIED

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
"He's a knob, it's just that he's better than literal Hitler" is such a 2019 thing to say

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'M STILL ALIVE AND NOT 49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
No offence to anyone but fancy weddings with long speeches and poo poo are one of the corniest things mankind is able to produce. They also seem so drat wasteful

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
"The man that says 'For the many, not the few' is not in fact supported by a few rich fucks, this is bad for Jeremy Corbyn" is a hell of a take

When I think Corbyn has had to go through this more or less his entire life... the man is made of adamantium jeez

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 18, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I never watched this Threads you mention but if you want your fix of nuclear depression you might want to watch When the Wind Blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

DesperateDan posted:

Threads is in the same vein but cuts deeper

Don't watch threads if you are feeling down

But then again that could apply to any footage of sheffield in the 80s

Unbeknownst to most people, Threads was just a guy with a video camera walking around Sheffield recording people going about their business.

PS thanks whoever got me the avatar, that's much better!