Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Here is my catte, Fang

He's about 7 years old now and originally from Stockport. Also he is p evil.

Edit: I would pay the cat tax, but I literally just posted my cat!

Edit edit: 4. There was a gang of them in China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gum posted:

The only thing that's really changed is what is considered "The Nation". We have seen a new nation form since the second world war, one that transcends state lines. This nation is sometimes called "The West", other times "The First World" or "The Global North". This is the nation that is the focus of both neoliberalism and modern fascist movements

I um really don't think that's true. Otherwise you'd have the Kippers welcoming Polish people over here with open arms, instead of, y'know, that other thing they actually do.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gum posted:

Ask a Kipper if Polish people are "Western" and then ask the same question about a group of immigrants that Kippers do not take issue with, such as Americans or Australians

E: This touches on what is possibly the biggest disagreement within neoliberal and fascist circles: Does The West extend beyond the Anglosphere?

It is definitely 'the first world' and 'the global north'. If you're going to say 'English speakers' instead then sure I guess but that's a different argument and I'm not sure it makes any sense to say they consider the anglosphere to be a 'nation'. Aaaaaalso, even if we are talking about the anglosphere, try asking them what they think about the Irish.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

poor poland, you wanted to be empire but cannot even into space

Actually :jeb:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Sorry, retconned.

I don't think that's how citizenship works, or he'd be a citizen of the Third Reich. Granted, they did very much want to go into space :hitler:

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 1, 2019

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

a bunch of EDL twats wandering around Kinshasa yelling "speak English"

I mean, to be fair, the only reason they don't is because they were part of the Belgian empire not ours and thus speak French.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

5 year old me can attest that cat biscuits are legit tasty OP. Nice and meaty.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

I'd like to find a new job but I'm a bit nervous about making a switch and then immediately being laid off because of Brexit. At least at the moment I have the benefit of state redundancy to the maximum amount.

Is there anyway to limit the risk of this, anyone else hanging on to a job that makes them miserable due to possible implications of Brexit?

Work for a software company. No import/export issues because no physical goods and the pound going through the floor is actually good for you if your customers are paying in dollars.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Junior G-man posted:

I'd love to join the podcast as a vile and, even worse, Europe-based person? If that's still allowed?

We're pretty much all Europe based here :shobon:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

This post will not age well

Yeah I know you still "be in Europe" , kinda

That is kind of my point, yes. Europe predated the EU. Chances are it will postdate it too.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Solefald posted:

Oh yeah Ifoeget that some places don't have Chinese chippys.

Pretty much every chippy in Liverpool is always a Chinese chippy. You only get a few "proper" chippys and they always sell the best fish!
This one place in town does deep fried haggis and it is lush as gently caress

Where I live there's a Chinese right next to a chippy, owned by the same (Chinese) people. You have to order separately though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

God can you imagine what life must be like in a tory/lib marginal? How do you breathe from all the loving tarquins around?

I used to live in one. Now I live in a safe Tory seat. Living in the Oxbridge commuter belt sucks OP :(

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Which is a little odd because I'm surprised deep fried rice isn't a thing.

Kind want to try deep fried rice and scraps tbh.

Arancini

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

kingturnip posted:

Who the gently caress has milk in their tea?
Bougie cunts in this thread...

Milk is the proletarian choice, actually. Do you put lemon in yours like a toff, comrade?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Wait, I thought ancap was a portmanteau of anti capitalism. Judging by reactions I seem to be wrong.

Generally I just thought an introduction to leftism in the form of a listicle would be a good start.

It uh does seem like that would be a useful thing to exist yes :shobon:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Na,Cambridge is much more radical and up to the minute than Oxford, if one of the two's going to establish a new faculty of occultism it'd be them first.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rarity posted:

This works well and they're both in the public domain so job's a good'un

I, too, like this plan. Shame the English lyrics to the Internationale don't sound as good as the French, tho

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

It's kind of an interesting thing because in some BAME communities there is a hierarchy of 'blackness' where (depending on the community/culture/class etc.) being light or dark skinned is seen as being more desirable.

Being dark skinned is seen as being more desirable pretty much nowhere tbh but yes the other thing is a thing, brown paper bag test etc; I've heard of US universities where there's one sorority for the lightskinned women and another for the darker skinned. To white Americans, ofc, black is black.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

XMNN posted:

that's the second one, the first one just has an unflattering depiction of Mormonism

Tbf early Mormonism was Extremely hosed Up. If they were around today they'd be getting raided by BATF.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yes there are too many whites and we need to slightly reduce diversity by getting rid of them. I'll start by kms.

Have u considered ~miscegenation~ it's great

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Michigan's still bitter.

Ohio is a shithole and it is good that more of it didn't end up in Noted Good State (being my former residence) Michigan #puremichigan #gowolverines

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sanford posted:

I’m driving down to Exeter today because a charity called the Exeter Leukaemia Fund selfishly has its hq in Exeter rather than, for example, Nottingham and gently caress me it’s a long way. I’ve been driving for two hours and I’m only halfway there.

Don't post while driving imo :shobon:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

deano posted:

Just messin'g love ya all[ITS A GOD DAM EGG}

2 snipes in a night im 47

Sniper 47 a shameful 47. Noone should realise a murder even happened :colbert:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

In fact it's worse, because you not only have to get on with people, you have to get on with the 'right' people, who seldom are.

Actually they are always right(wing) OP

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Was it this thread where someone was arguing that improving education and womens rights in developing nations was actually eugenics/genocide? lmbo

Um not that I can recall

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

There is a popular conspiracy theory in some African circles that Bill Gates etc are so keen on giving African women access to family planning and prenatal health because Bill is terrified of more dark people rather than because high fertility rates both cause and are caused by poverty in women and girls.

I mean sure but I don't recall it being espoused by anyone itt

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mediadave posted:

EDIT:
I'm not really a fan of cats

Wall.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

A planning lawyer I follow due to my day job has posted an excruciatingly detailed analysis of why even if Boris loses a no confidence vote we are still likely to leave on October 31st

I have a feeling this is where the EU might extend again in that circumstance given how blatantly unconstitutional it would all be.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

So it's just the NER now? :shobon:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

So am I reading this right? Looks like the Greens, Lib Dems, and Plaid Cymru are merging into a single Remain party.

Apart from anything else, that's not what an electoral pact means.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

This is just going to lead to Labour actually splitting like under Ramsay MacDonald. The first step for the scabs will be hardest but once that's down we'd be hosed

The scabs were the ones with the support of the wider Party that time though, and look what happened to National Labour.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

poo poo do I need one of those? I don't even know what my health insurance bullshit is like in the EU because I'm only technically an EU citizen. I've always gotten NHS stuff for the same price as a British citizen whenever I needed it.

Lucky you. Access to the NHS costs my wife £100 a year, on top of what she pays in taxes of course (and that got doubled just after she renewed her visa most recently, iirc)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

My wife's application for IRL will be in about two years' time and god knows how much it'll be by then. We're already putting some money by. By the time we've got through this whole process, we'll have paid enough to the Home Office that we would otherwise have enough for a deposit on a house.

But, y'know, immigrants are scroungers living off our taxes etc etc

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

brian posted:

edit: i guess it's conspiratorial but like only in the literal sense that all premeditated murder is a conspiracy to commit murder

Only if more than one person is involved! :science:

Edit: 1991, Robert Maxwell offs himself. We all wish it had been the other newspaper baron.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Private Speech posted:

e: Anyway apparently some gaming companies refuse to process payments from people with "asian-sounding names", which yes, is racist as gently caress, but it was really ancillary to that.

I mean, specifically, Eve Online which is dominated by our offspring Goonswarm and some of us itt have played in the past. And yes, Chinese gold farmers were definitely a thing back in the way, though that wasnt credit card fraud so much as botting.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Junior G-man posted:

Today's trip: from Monmouth to Pandy(ish). Left the Wye behind for a stupidly pretty walk through the Welsh hills and farmland. Your access right are amazing and you should cherish them always.

In England and Wales at least, we've only had them for like 10 years.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

I've been running Valgrind on the electorate for months but I still haven't managed to stop Brexit.

Well yeah, valgrind just tells you which ones are Leavers, you still gotta fire up emacs, edit them out then recompile Britain.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

It's this -

http://bidisha-online.blogspot.com/2012/12/emotional-violence-and-social-power.html

On the one hand sounds like he's a lovely boyfriend, on the other hand she seems to be trying reeeeal hard to equate 'being a lovely boyfriend' with actual rape and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guess he figures his involvement in Operation Midland has blown over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

After reading that I can clearly see she's in pain and deeply miserable, but I still can't tell what Mieville actually did. I'm guessing he was sleeping with other women behind her back?

Or promising her a committed relationship in bad faith so he could get into her pants. But we only have her side of it from that and, yeah, she uses a lot of very florid language which i find kind of offensive to actual abuse survivors to...not actually lay out a clear grievance.