Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh, and continue to shut the gently caress up about cops.

Can we talk about groves and thickets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Professor Bling posted:

Note that this doesn't usually happen: I agree with Godholio 100%.

If anyone's getting psyched over shootings they can absolutely gently caress off; that's some horrific poo poo.

Cugel the Clever posted:

I can't wait for Antifa to shoot up the compound of a right-wing militia and for Fox News to start asking whether their should be political background checks on gun sales.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey guys this isnt a gun problem, this is a right wing/white supremacist terrorism problem and ill catch a sixer for it but I just want to remind you that the military and law enforcement are packed to the loving gills with dudes just like Patrick Crusius. the only question is are we going to do anything about it before they start renting U-Hauls again(the answer is no)

Get more leftists into law enforcement, the military, and politics or you just cede all power over to them and are left kindly requesting that the boot not stomp you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'd say at the very least we could stop selling new guns. It doesn't do anything about the 300 million we have now, but it sets the stage for taking then away in the future.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

I have not even logged into this account for 5-6 years since yesterday.

What were you up to for the last 5 to 6 years? :hmmyes:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

starting a company and importing/rebuilding old land rovers

So.... you're a boss now? Welcome back to the forums. Things have... changed while you've been away.

:thermidor:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CommieGIR posted:

It already is, he's using a man shooting at people of Spanish decent as fodder to push anti-immigration bills.

I'm not trying to start a huge derail in race, because I'm pretty sure you phrased it the way you did to try and be polite, but a lot of Central and South Americans in general, and Mexicans in particular, would probably be offended by being called "people of Spanish descent".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Fluffy's netflix show told me the preferred term is LatinX wether thats accurate v0v. Im paler than fresh driven snow so idk.

Anecdotal as hell, but most Latinos I know view "latinx" as something that oversensitive college whites with too much time on their hands made up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LingcodKilla posted:

I prefer Chicano-Aztec warrior myself.

HOw do you know you aren't a descendant of one of the myriad tribes that they enslaved and brutalized? :can:

quote:

It’s all dumb. We are humans.

This is the best answer.

CommieGIR posted:

I was trying to be sensitive. :smith: Yeah, help me figure out what to address them as.

I very rarely find an occasion where I need to discuss the overall cultural group like that unless I'm arguing about something online, like here. I'm in California, and if for some reason it does come up Latin/Latino/Latina is what I usually use. Generally the assumption here is also that a Latin person is Mexican unless they state otherwise. It's not meant to offend the Salvadoreans, Hondurans, etc., but Mexican is by far the largest group where I live and most people around here don't view that mislabeling as any more of a faux pas than if you mix up Dutch and Luxembourgian. :shrug:

In short: I think we all suffer from being way too online.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i never know when establishing someone else's ancestry is supposed to come up in conversation.

Why on earth would you need to establish their ancestry?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i don't, and i'm confused that anyone else does

i know they somehow feel that need, because they do it, and defend doing it when they hear people say how being asked "but where are you *really* from?" makes them feel

you can write it all off as bay area bullshit

I'm from the Bay Area and I didn't know that was a local tradition. Are you just hanging out with weirdos? Don't hang out with weirdos.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I don't care where any of your families are from and it doesn't matter where mine is from either.

I keep getting these stupid loving advertisements from Twitter. What the gently caress is a disruptive change researcher? Who the gently caress comes up with these bullshit titles and how do I get paid like that?
https://twitter.com/MorganStanley/status/1156681176490422274?s=19

:thermidor:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bulletsponge13 posted:

If that dude did that to my son, I would be in prison. No hyperbole, that is a threat to my kid's life.
What the gently caress happening in America?

No, you're perfectly within your rights to beat him to death on the spot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm not sure if I'd beat him, stab him, or shoot him- dealer's choice- but he isn't leaving without a stretcher or a loving Body Bag.
We all know drat well he wouldn't do that to a grown man. gently caress.
I hope he gets the living piss beat out of him in jail. I know I shouldn't, but all I could think was about how horrid that would be to see as a parent.

You carry a gun and a knife?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm the fake tits

You're a weirdo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Queue the next piece of poo poo shooter fighting to the death for Hair Furor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Wasabi the J posted:

We need to impeach. We're alienated from our allies. Our president is openly allying with despots and fascists. There are minorities in loving camps.

What the gently caress are we waiting for? We going to chicken out of going after pence too? gently caress him. gently caress this whole thing.

Hitler is here. And we're doing loving nothing.

It's not nothing. I retweet AOC and Ilhan Omar every day. Plus I make really serious posts about the bad people at my workplace.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vasudus posted:

It's most likely a 16 year old.

Probably.

Right?

I'm almost certain that's the case. Epstein has been linked to teenagers, but I've never heard anything about preteens, thank god. I still hope he gets put into gen pop in prison after he's been squeezed for every bit of information the state can get out of him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bird food bathtub posted:

She probably doesn't look enough like Ivanka to get it up for him.

She was "not blonde", right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hobbesmaster posted:

Huh. Thats not someone I'd have bet on...

The guy most famous for creating a show where the kids never get old?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BigDave posted:

At minimum someone slipped him a piece of rope and took a extra coffee break.

Damnit, I wanted that gutless turd alive and talking.

I'm a sheriff's deputy, and I've seen people try to commit suicide dozens of times (I have literally lost count). The most common way to do it is to use your clothing. He doesn't need a rope when he has a shirt. And if you do it right, you can be dead in three or four minutes. Quicker if you manage to cut off a vein instead of just your windpipe.

Edit

He should have been on a 1 to 1 though. I'm sure he was on suicide precautions, but without knowing what the policy is for that department I couldn't say how strong those would be.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bird food bathtub posted:

Which is why people on actual suicide watch get poo poo like basically-paper hospital gowns and the like. There's absolutely no loving way a guy that high profile that already had "attempted" suicide once wasn't going to be on absolute top tier protections if the goal was to stop anything from happening.

This stuff stinks worse than old dog farts.

It definitely stinks, but the paper gown isn't always true. Every department will have it's own standards. Mine uses Ferguson gowns, which are at least real clothing, even if they look odd. (Seriously, google the stuff. It's pretty cool and supposedly untearable) Also for my department, mental health and suicide watch are determined entirely by the mental health team. We are just dumb deputies. If the mental health team says a dude isn't suicidal anymore, we have to follow their recommendations.

I'm not saying this isn't bullshit or that there was foul play/negligence/incompetence. I just want to provide a little context.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I feel bad for laughing at this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

In other hell fucker 2019 news (but sort of good), the FBI caught a guy planning to do a mass murder down on Fremont Street and a synagogue in Las Vegas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/us/las-vegas-synagogue-conor-climo.html

Good news everyone!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Wasabi the J posted:

We have a loving Futurama quote in our wedding bands.

GODDAMN IT.

Post the quote.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

Don’t care. I’m not taking chances. If you knew him and spent time with him, you’re a pedo. I don’t give a gently caress about due diligence or due process on this one. This is where I draw the “well, actually...” line.

Better 1000 innocent men be locked up than one guilty one go free, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

i'm so livid about this whole thing. i understand some people think it isn't fair that someone who created a loving television show they like is implicated in this whole thing, so you gotta jump through hoops to justify why he isn't a piece of poo poo, but i don't buy it.

if trump had only hung out with epstein until 2008 and then never again, and only got foot massages, you wouldn't buy it either. you would jump through hoops to justify why he was involved. or even someone who doesn't have a rapey reputation, like kushner or someone. you'd connect dots that weren't there to say why he's a pedo.

i don't change my loving mind because someone made a loving tv show i like. stop doing what loving republicans about obama vs someone they like and apply your principles evenly.

jesus christ, these are kids that matt groening makes his loving tv show for.

gently caress you.

I understand you're really upset and frustrated right now. Today is saturday. You should probably go outside and try to enjoy your weekend. Maybe smoke some weed or something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Bad Poster posted:

Didn't someone say that he wasn't actually on suicide watch anymore? Pretty sure I saw someone trustworthy saying that, I don't know what to believe anymore

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1160330756083912704

Edit

Wrong tweet, fixed now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

I’m going to avoid current events but I’ll contribute to the pet posting.

I appreciate the dog rocking the red rocket with a fry in his nose.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/katystoll/status/1160205808577105920?s=19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sorry, without context you don't know shes trolling, but she is and I think that's hilarious. Katy Stoll is one of the frequent guests on the Behind the Bastards podcast that so many people in here recommend.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Suicide Watch posted:

Fat shaming isn't cool, YangGang :(

What'd he do to fat shame?

Edit

Nvm. Saw it. That's so innocuous and besides, if he doesn't want to be fat he can put down the fork.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Speaking as one of this thread's resident alcoholics, that "program" is loving despicable and just about the worst way imaginable to handle addiction

If they get better then who is going to come back and do the work next year?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Is it racist if I use discourse chef here? I don't want to be using Mammy imagery for Italians.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
‘Teenage Dream’ Co-Star Accuses Katy Perry of Sexual Misconduct

#TimesUp

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/katy-perry-sexual-misconduct-josh-kloss-1203300452/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stultus Maximus posted:

She pantsed a guy.

That's sexual assault.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jarmak posted:

No, no that's not.

It varies a lot but I can't even find a definition of indecent assault that includes "pantsing a guy"

It's bad, its definitely sexual harassment, but jesus loving christ lets have some perspective here.

If it's ok with you, the wikipedia definition of sexual assault is "Sexual assault is an act in which a person intentionally sexually touches another person without that person's consent, or coerces or physically forces a person to engage in a sexual act against their will." I would argue that if a large male like myself had forcefully exposed a young woman's vagina in public many people, possibly even you, would describe that as sexual assault. Just because the genders are reversed and Katy Perry did it does not mean it wasn't an "intentional sexual touching without the victim's consent".

Most importantly T SWIFT ARMY REPRESENT! ROAR CAN KISS MY WHITE rear end.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

"It Could Happen Here" isn't a fictional show, it's a prophecy

He also predicted a future in which leftists conduct pogroms as well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jarmak posted:

I don't understand why sexual harassment/ gross invasion of privacy isn't something we can be outraged about without having to equivocate getting pants'd with an actual victim of sexual assault.

I just wanted to paint Katy Perry in the harshest possible shade of scum I could for the sake of fake popstar beef. I didn't mean for any of this to be taken seriously.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jarmak posted:

It legitimately depresses me that being a PC term for catcalling is even a thing that would weaken something's impact.

Catcalling is awful.

Catcalling is the kind of behavior that should result in a legally allowed beating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flying_Crab posted:

Even if you get probation for a felony you're still intelligible to own a firearm under federal law AFAIK.

If you had probation it wasn't a felony, it was a misdemeanor. A felony gets you parole.