Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Magres posted:

In Alkahistorian, is the entire point of the weird top circle to shuffle resources around to produce Time to feed into the Rabbit Hole? Only thing I've seen that needs anything from it is in the Garden section where the Air chain of things needs Space, but that's it so far.

E: Also is there any way to make it so Space doesn't take incredibly long to get? I need 1e6 space and I'm looking at waiting like... probably a couple weeks before I can actually do that.

I had to look that issue up myself. I forgot that increasing Spacial increases the rate of space gain. So turn off everything in that small top circle but spacial gains for awhile, then turn on the spacial (it depletes space) and watch your space go much quicker. You can run both at the same time, and they have a feedback loop that will grow. I left them both running before going in to work, and I expect to find both maxed when I get back to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I think that I am in the minority that really liked NGU industries, enough that I stuck with it to unlock everything I could (or I will soonish). It really scratched a weird itch to have a game where I could check it once or twice a day, and have to rebalance everything after I unlocked some upgrades. I am sure it might have been faster or more efficient to just tear down everything and start over, but the trial and error swapping of production was fun for me.

I can totally see why a lot of people wouldn’t like it though. That need to make all production positive green can lead to a slower game, or micromanaging hell. I was fine with a slower game.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Deformed Church posted:

In NGU, is there just a big old grinding cliff after Walderp that I have to fight through or is there something specific I should start focusing on at that point? I feel like I'm pushing the limits of what the mechanics I had up to this point can handle in a reasonable amount of time, and the things that have opened up to me look like incredibly slow burns - his gear is dropping at maybe a couple of pieces per day and there's eight items to max, with no clear way to up my drop rate significantly, and while I see the potential in MacGuffins I am a very long way from having the relevant ones well levelled, or any extra slots. Starting to think the play here is just set it up to idle and basically only look at it once a week, which from reading other people's experiences feels like something that's mostly in the endgame.

I just got into Evil difficulty, and this is what I remember. Also, I generally have had this running with me checking 1-2 times a day, and occasionally running a batch of challenges when I had a free afternoon.

I believe there are multiple of these cliffs, where you are served to check in once or twice a day for a week or two. At this point, gold diggers should be getting leveled up slowly, beards getting better (permanent bonuses when you rebirth), and the Ygg fruit getting longer growing times. I think around this time, you should be getting the extra beard slots, and rebirthing at 24 hours, the max permanent beard bonus growth.

Macguffins are a super slow long term growth boost. I think until you invest a bunch of PP into making Macguffins level up faster, it just a slow minor boost.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

I feel like the fix to this is relatively simple: automate placements based on desired outputs. So you pop open a menu where you can select like, X amount of T2 Research output buildings. The game then shows you how many of each building in the chain you'd need for green production vs. how many free spaces you have left. If everything seems OK, you press a button and it populates empty spaces with the entire build, from most basic to final output. You can then fiddle with this interface to maximize and reset builds as needed.

For obvious reasons maybe you can't factor the beacons into a system like this, but who knows; the online planner people used to min-max setups could do it, so idk why NGI couldn't do it too.

Bottom line is that the constant tear-downs and rebuilds weren't fun. Placements really didn't matter that much, not like you could give a layout your own spin or anything. Just automate the process then, simple as.

NGU Industry stuff

It probably needed to have a single map for building and fiddling with cutting edge production, then the rest got abstracted away to just number of plots and some sort of bonuses. So like when you advanced to the next world, the previous world got abstracted away and you can only place current tech on the current world.

That might have allowed for some of the beacon and building discovery fun. It also could have allowed for some sort of rebirth mechanic where you get bonuses to production/labs, instead of just going to infinite lower tier production. It would have required a complete rebalancing of the production trees to work out properly though.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

So, I'm having two issues with NGU Idle, one strategic and one technical. (Note: I am playing the Steam version.)

Technical issue first: the game really wants to be idled "live", i.e. with the game running; when it's not running offline progress gives you XP and whatnot, but doesn't advance energy/magic and, critically, doesn't give you drops -- which is a problem given how rare some drops are (I just got Ugg's Special Ring after like a week of attempts). The problem is that when I'm not actively using the computer (possibly when the screen locks), the game runs in slow motion; I'll start it up overnight, then come back in the morning to find out that as far as the game is concerned, only two hours have passed. As long as I'm actively doing something with the computer it seems to be fine, even if it's in the background.

My best guess -- not knowing anything about the internals of the game -- is that it just usleep()s for 20ms between ticks and then assumes, when it wakes up, that 20ms have passed without consulting the RTC or the uptime clock, so if the OS takes longer than 20ms to wake it up the game will run slower, and when the screen is locked maybe the OS starts waking up programs less frequently because it knows they aren't being used interactively? But this is just a guess.

The strategic issue is that I just killed Walderp's final form and now I'm not really sure what to do next. I'm not nearly powerful enough to take on the Badly Drawn World and it doesn't look like Walderp's set will help me there since it has worse adventure stats than the Beardverse set I have now -- I'm guessing it's mainly useful for its specials. I can keep pushing bosses -- my highest is 159 -- but it looks like I won't get any new unlocks or plot from them until I can graduate to Evil. Should I just be focusing on Challenges for now? They won't directly improve my adventure stats, but they'll give me a reason to a bunch of relatively frequent rebirths, so I'll get some indirect adventure stat improvements from BEARd, at least. And I guess doing more No TM Challenge runs will let me improve my Adventure Digger.

I would say "relatively frequent rebirths will also get me Macguffin bonuses now that I've unlocked them", but because of the timing issue above I'm guessing Macguffin drops will be in very short supply for a long time.

Any advice?

For reference, I've got all six of Ugg's Rings, the Infinite Beardhair, the Propellor Beanie, and the pants/shirt/feet/weapon from Beardverse equipped, all L100 and green except for the Special Ring. Beard-wise I've mostly been focusing on BEARd (~1000 levels), Neckbeard (~2000 levels), and now that I have a third beard slot, Reverse Hitler (~300 levels).

I found the best and fastest source of info was the discord channel that is linked somewhere on the extra info pages of the game. It has channels that are broken down by phases of the game, and lots of really useful information pinned in the channel relevant to just that phase. So you are not going to get spoiled on super future stuff unless you go digging.

Also, the other big benefit to challenges is that some of them give a large amount of exp and AP. And if you can get through a bunch, that can get you a good amount of AP upgrades, or energy and magic stuff. That is in addition to the other bonuses the challenges give.

Another thing, it’s a minor boost, but higher level boss killed increases a counter on your time machine for more gps. More gps let’s you run higher diggers (and gets extra gold to level them up). Again, an extra handful of bosses isn’t much, but in this game every little bit adds up.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

Ok, you weren't kidding about this -- I cleared all the 100 Level Challenges and I'm currently on run #3 of No Equipment Challenge and I have enough AP that I'm wondering if I want to get a fourth beard slot or an eighth accessory slot

Probably the beard?

Just don’t worry about buying all the AP beard slots right away. The 7th beard is unlocked from the final troll challenge (in easy), and the last AP beard is useless until you unlock that beard. The middle troll challenge that unlocks a beard slot is not too hard to get through.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Brut posted:

Well I'm glad I tried to use the level 100 wandoos instead of throwing it away because apparently doing that upgrades the OS level and makes the item a level 99 (meaning it is useful, and has 100 uses), I expected it to just vanish completely and be like "you've already unlocked the menu teehee"

Edit: wait no, later uses take more than 1 charge, so 100 uses isn't quite right

Try hovering your mouse pointer over some of the menu buttons. When I noticed some of the info that pops up for that, I had a tiny mind blown moment.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Agent355 posted:

Well now i wanna play it and I can't. Did life get better or worse for me being cursed with this information.

So I get to be a lucky person still working through NGU for the time being. Hopefully this new game is out around the time I am done with OG NGU.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

:redhammer:
Stop, It’s Hammertime

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

For anyone that cares, Legends of Idleon has been released on iOS with cross play between your PC account. There is a big release event, so just playing it on iOS and talking to an NPC gets you a bunch of gems and event chests filled with candy and xp boosters. In addition to being able to get another 50 event chests a day from actively killing monsters.

I think I got 600-700 gems from the one time bonus and grinding out some of the extra boxes (while working towards some other stuff).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idleon-idle-mmo/id1636526901

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I didn’t realize Idle Research dropped on iOS at the same time. Very nice.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idle-research/id1538381108

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Sindai posted:

NGU: It's so painful to go from an energy set to a magic set. Stupid clock set is going to cost me 2/3rds of my energy power :smith:

You don’t have to wear the full set of something. In fact as you get into the game, you will be picking and choosing specific pieces of armor and accessories to wear based on what you are doing. If you are just idling in the ITOPOD, you don’t need to max out your adventure stats if it hurts your energy and or magic stats (or other bonuses equipment will start having.

I found the following website tool that will help you optimize your gear based on what you want to be doing.

https://gmiclotte.github.io/gear-optimizer

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

For FAPI, the discord channel has some codes in it for free gems or whatever the premium currency is. I think one of the codes is good for 10k, so that auto auto whack a potato upgrade if you want it. For those that care, while the auto auto whack a potato is on a 15 minute timer, it doesn’t override the normal 5 minute whack a potato timer. So if you do happen to be actively playing for a time, you can hit the regular button a few times in between.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Feline Mind Meld posted:

let's pretend the op didn't know how to change the thread title, what would you tell them to do?

theoretically

I think it takes a mod to change the title.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Arzaac posted:

Looking at the last page I thought ascension in FAPI was gonna be awful. Just looking at the bonuses though I'm not seeing it? You get:

• 50% more attack and hp
  • Double reincarnation points
  • 25% increase reincarnation points based on time
  • Your choice of quicker breed timer or never spending potatoes
  • New upgrades for both potatoes and rp
  • Keeping some rp upgrades and challenges done

That's like...a significant list of upgrades. Y'all were making me think it was really dire.

I think the first 3 points were not really obvious. At least when ascension was first rolled out. The #1 ascension made a comment about checking the bonuses. I couldn’t find where they were listed in game. At that point I just kinda assumed it was just unlocking all the potato/skull/poop/whack upgrades that require ascension. But those take awhile before they are beneficial.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Manyorcas posted:

I have an idle skilling question: does anything I'm doing right now become automated later? Between leveling skills, buying skillers, moving up to a new mob after x kills, upgrading smith items... It's a lot of buttons to press on different screens, and I can see ascensions becoming very tedious very fast if this has to be repeated forever. It was a bit tedious even before my first ascension.

There is auto progression for individual combat regions that can be unlocked. When you get rifts unlocked, there is a contracts tab with goals to get medals. Those medals can be traded for stuff, keys to unlock extra ascension bonuses and auto progression.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Victorkm posted:

FAPI: How tough is the Untalented challenge? I just crossed 2k RP and have 27 cows and my autoadvance on medium stalls out around 3-4-170 or so.

I can’t quite remember how far along I was the first time I cleared that challenge, but I remember it being a bit challenging when first unlocked. To the point where I gave up and came back after a few days.

I would recommend giving it a shot and seeing how close you get within your first hour or so. If you can get within 5 or 10 ranks in the level, stick it out a bit and pop a potion. Any less than that, and you probably have too long to go and it will be better to give up and try again later.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

FAPI

I have gotten the ball rolling in ascension 1 (first 6 challenges done, 2500 in every class, reinc level 1100) and things feels far slower than in asc0. It takes a long rear end time to get any poop while in the first run i had several hundred k just minutes into a run. Also combat prowess feels much lower, e.g. my starting zone is 1-9 and i get oneshot as soon as it starts, i must use my talents and get some confection levels going before i can start progressing. In the first run i could get to 2-3 at the start of a run.
Almost feels like something is wrong.

The X-9 zones are quite a bit harder than the zone before them. Might be worthwhile to drop back to 1-8 and get the ball rolling with potatoes and skulls to get the steam needed to leapfrog past 1-9 into 2-1 and beyond. This will probably be the case until you get the 7th challenge under your belt that keeps the 3rd skull page from resetting. Having to face all 50 (I think) potatoes per wave of 1-9 is going to be super slow for your first stage after rebirth. Just a single stage or two of skulls will drop that significantly.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Victorkm posted:

Apparently I waited too long because I had no problem at all when I tried it lol.

I was thinking of the 9th challenge that specifically warns about being hard. That one can be kinda difficult, and you might have to come back later after a few more rebirths.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Agent355 posted:

So what exactly goes into reincarnation levels then? Do I get bonus points for pushing zones, or doing zones on higher difficulties? the breakdown of where the modifiers are coming from isn't very clear.

I am not at my computer, but if my memory serves, it is made up of the following:

Farmer level
Total number of levels cleared
Time this reincarnation
Bonus multiplier

You can see all that info in the reincarnation page. The total number of levels cleared is the total of highest rank per stage cleared. So when you get to 101+ on medium, it no longer matters how high you got on easy.

Also, the multiplier for time is not linear. It stays at 0x until 20 or 25 minutes, then it starts ramping up to 1.0x at like 50ish minutes. This multiplier is one of the reasons why just going for super long reincarnations is not the best strategy.

Agent355 posted:

Does it show that as being tracked anywhere? I feel like there is nothing to indicate that I actually get a bonus for clearing the final wave of an area.

Check the reincarnation page. It has a running total next to stages cleared. If you want, next reincarnation, clear a bunch of stages on easy. The go back and start clearing on medium. Once the you get to medium stages 101, you will start seeing that counter increment up.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

In FAPI i regret going milk for ascension 3 instead of poop + another upgradee.

Progress is glacial as i don't have any poop assigned until like 4 hours into a run. Instead i have a 28,7 second milk timer, for a whopping 4,5% increase in milk/time. Yay.

Im 4 days into the ascension now and have not yet even gotten to world 3.

How do you not have poop assigned until 4 hours into a run? The early challenges are a cakewalk during ascensions, and the first couple are auto completed. So you have some worms generating poop for you. Throw whatever poop you have evenly around and it will give you a pretty sizeable boost. Then go back at 4 hours (or whatever) and put out your large accumulated amount.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

yes, do challenges disable auto buy?

There are a couple of challenges that disable all skulls but the 3rd page skulls. But you shouldn’t have been able to buy anything on that first page.

I think I had a similar bug a month ago where nothing was auto buying. I toggled the master auto buy thing a few times to turn everything off (disable all individual auto buys), then back on and it seemed to fix it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Another random FAPI question. Is there any bonus associated with maxing the progress in a specific level/tier? Like how it shows 100/100, 200/200 etc:

Or can you just skip past it once you unlock the next tier?

If you go through in medium, it will give you levels in easy. So the only reason I personally leave it on easy at the start of a rebirth is to auto advance through the stages a bit quicker and unlock the various poop confection options. Then when I am finished getting all my new rebirth stuff set, I go back and redo the levels on medium for the rebirth bonus (and worm bonus while idling).

Seeing as how getting medium completed will auto complete easy, I can’t imagine there is any additional bonus for getting easy filled first.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant was there any bonus at all to getting 100/100 or 200/200. You mentioned a rebirth bonus but I don't see that listed explicitly on the calculations.

I can check later when I get in front of my computer again, but I think it’s like levels cleared or something like that on the rebirth screen. And it means unique levels or stages. So explicitly getting 100/100 or 200/200 is not getting an extra bonus. But getting to a full 200 on a stage is getting you more for that rebirth bonus.

You can think of it as adding up all the x/200 on the stage screen for determining the bonus. And going further to get the extra bit of easy levels (further than you can clear on medium) right before rebirth helps a little. It might get you an extra handful of rebirth levels. But if you have the 5 minutes, might as well.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

Is anybody else just... not finding pets in FAPI? I found three within a day or two of the feature dropping, bought the soul shop upgrade to increase pet drop rate, and I haven't seen another one since despite my character spending the vast majority of the time since then grinding in zones high enough to drop pets. Am I just being spectacularly unlucky?

I have had multiple pets that didn’t drop until I got to the maximum allowed kills. So it is a total random crapshoot. As you ascend, the drop chance increases, and the maximum kill number drops.

For reference, I am currently farming 4-7, and at something like 4 million of 5 million max kills.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You got me to start it and I am getting the hang of it. I still don't quite understand the math of the rituals. The surface-level is simple enough, get exp and perform the sacred ritual to level up. I just don't understand the multipliers and what that all means. Is that all just a multiplier to exp I am receiving? This made sense but the math doesn't seem to add up.

e: like how do I parse this?

If it want obvious, there is 0 downside to hitting the Sacred Ritual button as soon as it lights up. You eventually unlock other things that you may or may not want to hit as soon as they are available.

More Info:Dark Rituals should unlock pretty early. Those are a soft reset, and you want to be doing those reasonably often. This gets you more Sacred Ritual levels and more Inspiration. You need to be spending the inspiration on whatever limited unlocks are available, or unlimited Status Up, and Habit+.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The rare monsters typically remove the need to farm a material. I forget the exact names, but the village rare fairy auto generates flowers (good for wreaths on future reincarnations). The woods fairy auto generates herbs, also good for the start of a reincarnation. The sludge slime (academic city) generates manure and is one of the only research drop multipliers. You can see where this is going.

So having those summons maxed out means they are going to auto generate faster, making whatever you are farming for spawn faster.

Also, I think going for the desert village on your very first run might be a bit premature. Get a few runs and a bunch of stat ups under your belt. It is a pretty big jump in difficulty. In fact each of the subsequent areas you open are a sizeable jump in difficulty.

If you didn’t notice the math, you get 10% of your current satiety added on to max satiety when you DR. So that is why it will take you a long time to work back up to 500. If you are at 300, could be as few as 6ish more to get to 500, provided you unlocked the cooking sub area before graduating. The extra foods make it a lot easier to max out your satiety each DR.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Ohhh I didn't realize you kept your dudes when you reincarnated. OK, yeah I get it now.

And yeah I suppose I could just fire off a few DRs to grind some inspiration and get the gluttony up. Thanks much.

Reincarnation resets most things. You keep any achievement rewards, permanent quest bonuses, summons (all levels associated), equipment (and it’s levels), anything bought in astral and akashic pages.

So all the things you buy throughout the story have to be rebought/unlocked every time. It will get faster as you get further into reincarnations and the akashic pages.

Granted, I have only cleared up to the 4th ending. But I just got through what I think are all the regular zones. I am currently farming seeds and destiny to level up my main character, as to max that out is 430 million when everything has been cleared (so far). And clearing out some of the backlog of stuff in the astral page to buy for inspiration before I dive in and tackle the 5th ending and all the Pride challenges. I have been playing kinda slowly and letting it run in the background mostly.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The offline mode got a bit of a revamp in the past month or two. I am not sure how much better it has gotten over how it used to be. But you get like 50% gains for the first 24 hours until you start getting offline boosters.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

I did my first reincarnation in Your Chronicle and took sloth with my first sin point. It's great, but is there better automation later? Paying a priestess like 7 times should be a single event, not something that you can only queue up once and then have manually have to remove the event after each payment.

Sloth is useful for when you want to create a lot of something that has a couple of steps, or when you want to farm a couple of different regions (like for food). You are not really going to be using it for progressing through the story line.

Once you have 2-4 auto eat unlocked, being able to queue up rotating through Dim Cave (for Pork), Sewer-Abyss (for slime Jelly), and maybe Rocky Hill (for Salt) can make your gluttony (and physical attack) grow quickly. There is also a dungeon reset speed bonus for using sloth.

As for the Rare Spawns, the Dev embraced Rare. They have a very low appearance rate, and the rate of each rare spawn drops the further into the game you get. The Tamer Class has a Routine that helps them spawn more. In addition, if you check the bestiary, you will notice that every time you defeat any monster without getting a research drop, the research chance increases. So you will eventually get the research to drop. It’s just that it might take a day or two of farming, especially if your bonuses are low.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I was referring to the 2.1 (or whatever update). If memory serves, standard reset is like 10 seconds. Using sloth drops that down to like 3 seconds. The dev didn’t want to eliminate the reset bonus from sloth when so many people previous to the update had used it to farm things so quickly. You can always run a sloth queue with just a single zone in it to get the reset bonus (if you have the spare queue spot).

It’s the same reason that once you beat the Demon King once in a respawn, all the help he summons show up below him. It was in response to an exploit that people had been using for a long time to farm stuff using the demon king. Once again, the dev didn’t want to completely eliminate something that would create a huge gap between existing and new players.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What unlocks the next tiers of Greed in YC? I just got the research consumption for the first area and don't see any ways to unlock other areas.

It’s been awhile since I have unlocked all the greed stuff, so it is a bit fuzzy. I know further in, once you clear out a level for the first time, you unlock its associated greed. You don’t necessarily need to have the summons maxed, it just usually worthwhile to wait for summons to be max level before putting more than a minimal amount of research into greed.

I think you might just have to clear out the regions, or possibly need to get further ED clears to unlock more greed options.

I also remember a couple of Astral bosses in, there is an upgrade that lets you spend Astral summon research on greed.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

MattDarling posted:

The community wiki for Your Chronicle is generally pretty good, but this info is only in the comments for some reason. I think you get +1 Greed option per reincarnation, from what I remember, but the comments aren't especially clear about that part.

That sounds about right. Each reincarnation unlocks another greed tier, provided you have cleared out at least the first area in the region once. Another reason to spam ED1 clears for the first 5 reincarnations for sure before moving on to ED2. Not that ED2 is particularly harder, but whatever you can do to speed things up to get through your first reincarnations will help.

Also, at some point (I think you might have to clear the first or second Astral boss) you unlock Pride. Those are challenge runs that severely weaken your character. By the time you unlock them you can conceivably do the very first Pride challenge, but it will take quite awhile if you have not been sinking a lot of inspiration into Habit+ and Stat Up+.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

I've basically got as much +salvage stuff as I can running and 5e10 salvage per blue alloy is nuts still. :negative:

It hurts for a day or two, then quickly falls off. Between getting your modules upgraded to get further, and your alloy getting upgraded to cost less, it becomes negligible.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I finally hit The End of NGU Idle today. Total Time Played shows 1085 days. I have a little bit of cleanup and some challenges to finish up, but then I can move on to waiting for the next 4G idler.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

When is it recommended to unlock and start doing Envy and Pride in My Chronicle? Right now I am in the middle of ED2 runs and considering what to do with my Sin as it comes. I think I might do a long run to try ED03 and build up enough stats to drop The Arbiter and unlock those dudes.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Pride for awhile. The 2% bonus is nothing huge, and if you have not been dumping large amounts of inspiration into Habit+ or Status Up, it will take awhile while you grind them up.

Envy is a good thing to unlock, as it gives you a sink for when your Sin gains exceed your capacity. The excess Sin gets converted to another currency (complaints, maybe). So now you don’t have to worry about spending down exact amounts of sin to stay at max sin.

But the downside of Envy is that you need a decent amount of Complaints (or whatever) to get it going. At start you only have a minor XP multiplier unlocked. You need to spend 10 Complaints (1 Extra Sin converts to 1 Complaint) to unlock the extra buffs. There are a total of 20 buffs to unlock 21 buffs total). Then you need to start spending complaints to speed up the growth. It starts at 1 Complaint to double the growth, and increases by .1 complaint to double the growth again. So the next purchase is 1.1, then 1.2, etc.

It buffs your combat stats, your action gains (loop, instant, dungeon), seeds, satiety, crystal converter, and a few others.

It’s another layer of growth that unlocks early, but takes awhile to show returns.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah I get what they mean. I didn't know if they applied to all skills used by that ally or whoever is using the equipment or whatever.

The additional symbols on equipment and skills only effect the character using that skill or equipment. For extra fun, a lot of them are only in effect when the symbol is visible on the “combat” screen. So the AOE or next ally gets buffed effect is only in effect if you see that symbol. It is a random chance for those effects to proc.

That is a somewhat hidden portion of the formations. They force those effects to proc. Magic formation will force magic type effects to proc while the formation is active. The friendly formation will force a different set of buffs to proc. That’s why one of the more popular stats for getting through new content is to stack your team in a way that you buff your stronger second character. Friendly formation to force the next ally buff, then magic formation for extra magic damage on a strong extra buffed magic attack to one shot bosses a little bit earlier than otherwise possible.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I don’t really bother with that much. I think it is for the more active player. I am a bit too hands off with the game to need to shave the couple of DRs off a run. Usually I seem to go from getting kinda close to getting over the wall to coming back the next day (or weekend) sailing over the wall with only minor issues.

In unrelated news FAPI released its next content patch today. It added the dungeon cards, tweaked larvae (they reduce the cost needed for the next level now), reduced the ascension count for some of the page 3 purchases, and a few other things.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

In USI, I noticed the bombs had some changes. They lost their +1.1 damage to all kinetic, and gained a +1.05 range to all in its place.

All the base costs seem to be refigured. I was close to increasing my Base 2 blue multiplier. After the update it is now going to be another day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

In USI, I figured out why my base build timers were all super long post nerf this morning. The nerf took away my second base challenge completion. At some point Friday I went through and cleared some more challenges, one of which was the second base challenge. I will have to see if I can clear out the second base challenge with the stuff I have managed to unlock so far. I think I should be able to. Just kind of annoyed at that.