Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

So what energy and magic ratio is best for entering evil? I think I’m ready to dip my toes in.

Most people start working towards 1:1 around that point, but you can always drop back out of Evil if it feels like too much of a wall for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

came back to NGU after not playing for a while and the new system & new accessories are v nice, bless you 4G

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Yes. I refused to buy a new fruit if I couldn't auto-activate it.

same, i only bother with fruits if i can auto-activate at this point

fruit auto-activation reqs are all here https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/Experience#Yggdrasil

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Arzaac posted:

The biggest problem I have with steam is just that I don't want idle games clogging up my playtime list, if I could selectively remove games from that list I'd have no problem.

same. i also have to set myself to invisible if i dont want to appear ingame all the time

im gonna miss kong when it eventually goes down, i hope there will be some archival efforts

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Lilli posted:

Don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but Cavernous is pretty fun. Its a neat mix of forced-prestige idle game and puzzle game.

i am too dumb for this game

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

explosivo posted:

Are people running daycares full of Pendants/Looties when not leveling gear? I have the highest version I've unlocked of each in there now getting levels but feel like I probably should be leveling the ones below it too to feed into the highest one when maxed.

maybe put in 1 tier below but not really worth it past that

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Anfauglir posted:

I just found Distance Idle a couple days ago and it is extremely antimatter dimensions inspired. Fun too, though you can go through just about everything real quick.

theres a surprising amount of prestige layers and stuff too

absolutely switch to dark mode immediately though

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

somekindofguy posted:

Yeah, a grind is at the heart of a lot of idle games, but at least NGU had new systems to unlock as you went through the game. In sadistic, not so much. It's a lot of the same stuff you were doing at the end of evil, except slower and more painful.

its a grind there for people who literally want an endgame grind. chill lol

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

dragon cliff was pretty fun

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

tried playing theory of magic again because i remembered liking it when it was posted here and a day or two in i realized they had a login button. clicking it wiped my save

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Another Chronicle β.ver is pretty nice, it reminds me of a more polished less messy version of Theory of Magic (which was busted to the point of being unplayable last I tried a few months ago). Are they just planning on leaving it up on Kongregate till Kong inevitably dies?

I quit Idleon after a day. Idle Skilling honestly had a similar issue where the UIs are just clunky and annoying and everything you do feels so tedious with little payoff.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Nea posted:

Why is kongregate bad for idlers now, out of curiosity? I wasn't following the thread for a while and I think I missed what the change was. Is it going away soon?

They've had new uploads closed since the beginning of July and the site is basically on life support currently. There don't seem to be any plans to reopen submissions. I think everyone just sees it as a matter of time at this point. Their sole priority seems to be mobile game publishing now.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Anyone else playing Dragonfist Limitless on Android? Fun DBZ-themed arcade beat-em-up incremental. I do really wish offline/idle features opened up earlier, but stacking multipliers and getting Big Numbers is very good and satisfying, even if it takes a while to start getting there.

I hope they do a PC release at some point, it scratches an itch.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Do they really expect me to to bang on this heavy bag for like 18 minutes while reading extremely bad text?

Get xp gear to speed up training significantly, gold gear to use while fighting for extra gold. Neuro pills speed you through the more annoying training minigames. First prestige is a bit of a slog, it gets way less annoying after.

gay devil fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 3, 2022

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

The sigils part of Dodecadragons is pretty miserable huh

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, and the latest update added a new sigil that does nothing but unlock a bunch of automation we should have had eons ago. That and max all buttons for things that should have been automated eons ago.

I feel like the very first sigil should have unlocked challenge automation

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Suran37 posted:

Right!? NGU had probably been my favorite of the dozen or so I've played over the years and it's just ms paint level art.

NGU's art for bosses is good and fun.

Potato Farmer looks like an early 2000s animated browser ad.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

It looks weird at first but the core gameplay is just Antimatter Dimensions, until suddenly there is More.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

So with the Steam release (maybe) coming, is there actually gonna be an Antimatter Dimensions update? "update in 5 hours" has been a meme for years so I thought they stopped working on it
Might start it again if there's an update

Yes, it should have the next major update + all the QoL features they added to the mobile version in the interim.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Bann posted:

Stop trying to make backing up my file to save happen, theremore. It's not gonna happen.

Seeing people bugging devs to restore their lost saves in the Discord for literally every incremental, I Get It.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I enjoy the factory system in The Perfect Tower 2 which is just very very directly a combination of several popular Minecraft factory mods. They have so many little minigames that you can just totally bypass by printing out the resources from the factory, at least up until the progression points I had seen.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I tried to go back to Dodecadragons but every new feature layer still takes way too long to automate older features. The amount of repetitive mashing "max all" on sigil upgrades you have to do before unlocking automation seems insane.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Huh, people were not exaggerating about Evolve with that automation script. After years of toying with it on and off I finally got into it properly with that script going and its just a much better game.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Saraiguma posted:

I've been playing an incremental autobattler poe style game with the terrible name Nordicandia and it's pretty loving fun. There's offline progress and an auto run map mode and loot filters and all that good poo poo and a new season with a new class (Necromancer) starts tomorrow. If you end up playing post your referral code for people to use (you only get rewarded for the first 5 uses so make sure to edit it out) and feel free to join the guild [GAY], it's pride themed atm but I could definitely shift to a co-branding :P

Applied! Necromancer seems neat, glad I waited for it. Having the skeleton tokens actually moving with you like a proper Diablo-like is cool.

Do you unlock autocasting later?

gay devil fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 8, 2023

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Dodecadragons caught on because the UI was really unique and visually interesting when it first came out but I don't think its a good game and I don't think that UI has really worked out as its grown. I saw the dev saying they've lost interest in the game and imo so should everyone else, its like the most tedious prestige tree games with a more visually appealing aesthetic

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Orb of Creation update dropped to beta branch today. It's a very different progression now. Still the same core feel up upgrades all day but now each upgrade works towards a level up on that category (plus a global orb category), and when you level that you get a couple points to spend on unlocking researches or upgrading spell glyphs or artifacts. The limited points means it's always a tough choice on what to get, but the next point is on the horizon.

It's a wild swirling maelstrom of numbers and interactions and after the first couple minutes there is just no waiting around. You can always be casting or upgrading or tabbing around to spend resources or trying to figure out how to unlock the next thing.

Absolutely going to lose a couple days to this and maybe a second playthrough of the current content just to do it while actually knowing what's going on.

ive been messing around with this since yesterday, its good and feels very very different from the last time i played it but is there really still no way to autocast? i get that the game is intended to be relatively active play but spamming the same spells for hours is pretty tiring & tedious

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

you do end up very gradually building up automatic resource generation but seemingly still not for casting spells themselves. my generation is high enough to rely on buffs but recasting 4 buffs at max charge constantly is annoying

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I think a few different research options add to max developments in queue

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Evolve needs too much handholding to progress by late stages of the game for me without the automation script but I get not using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I also used to just leave myself gathering magic logs to sell