Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Really enjoying NGU, great work 4G!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I did my first troll challenge the other day and had a blast. I like challenges in general but haven't done a ton of clears yet.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

For the Augments in NGU, i was following that newbie guide which mentioned just dumping it all into the scissors when you can get it to basically have a 0 second time to completion, but is there a target figure where this approach really drops off compared to the next augments?

I was doing a little bit of testing and i can 0-0.1 second the milk augment for a while which obviously increases the multiplier faster.

I'm kinda just looking for a steer on how i should be progressing through these in case i'm missing some obvious gains i could be making like leveling up the time machine speed past 100.

For augments if you are in the boss 17-36 range you want to be increasing the strongest augment you can afford to purchase. Focusing entirely on scissors only comes into play when you take out boss 37 and get the scissors upgrade, which lets you build augment power quickly and cheaply.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Peepers posted:

5 o'clock shadow only does something if your rebirths are less than 24 hours long but still greater than 1 hour. Once you have 24 hour fruits I honestly don't know why you'd ever rebirth at that frequency besides, very rarely, for challenges.

5 o clock shadow perks also cost as much per rank as the +seeds bonus so it's just more PP that isn't going into the ultimate direction the game is going to push you in past troll challenge 3.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

Filtering boosts out does not get the recycle, which basically doubles the boost, you should not filter boosts. You leave a lot of cube on the table.

This is true but in my experience until you get a larger inventory and much lower auto boost times you run into a lot of space issues if you don't filter out low tier boosts. Having those go into the cube means they aren't wasted.

For 10k it isn't a big purchase and can help early on.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Most of the challenges have very good first time bonuses, and by doing that you can judge the difficulty of doing more runs immediately versus coming back later.

I did my troll challenges by rebirthing after every big troll, which works out to every 7-10 minutes. I didn't feel going faster than that would have done much, it's already a micromanagement heavy affair.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Blattdorf posted:

I got 3000 points more in PP progress gain overnight plus a bunch more stuff. I'll probably be hitting diminishing returns pretty hard soon, but this is still a pretty nice improvement. Don't neglect Normal NGUs when you go into Evil.

I've found that I've had good success in running evil NGUs for like 6-8 hours at the start of a run, then swapping to normals. You can even disable the ngu diggers and run something else without needing to commit a ton of resources to BB your normal NGUs and can shuffle the extras into blood/augs/TM until it's time to rebirth.

The evil multipliers are huge but you make a lot of progress for BB normals over the span of a 12+ hour stretch.

Some folks prefer not to mess around with swapping and reallocating mid run and will have separate evil and normal NGU days; it's effectively the same, just a function of your availability and how much you like to fiddle with your runs.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Don't neglect beard slots as you make the run-up towards Evil, they're one of the few features that keep going full blast when everything else grinds to a halt. I'm grinding towards the Greasy Nerd with five slots, and I'm eyeing the last two.

Nerd was where I got my last beard slots, it's a good timeframe to aim for IMO.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Chocolate gear is strong enough that it enables an unusual but low effort strategy to just push T7. I did this when I went into Evil and endorse it because it's low effort and effective.

1) Go into Evil. Wait 3 minutes, rebirth into an Evil basic challenge. Start your diggers with chocolate world kills then sit in the tower. (You will be sitting in the tower about 99.9% of the time for this strategy)
2) Push to 58 to finish the challenge through 30 minute rebirths (1 hour RBs if you don't have the beta and number fruit auto-activation perks). If you have the Welcome to Evil perk and roughly 40-50m total exp, you should be able to do a push to 58 in about 2 hours or so of 30m rebirths.
3) Do the other 4 evil basic challenges. Congratulations, you have 50% more adventure stats.
4) Ignore Evilverse! If you can manual a boss kill, fantastic, your diggers just jumped up about two orders of magnitude of gold. Now go back to the tower and do a 24h rebirth to let your 24h fruits grow.

Now that you have your evil basics done, you're going to just boss push via 24 hour challenges, because this strategy lets you be lazy and rake in EXP from 24h fruits of knowledge. Boost your diggers via a single boss kill in Evilverse (and later PPPL), then go back into the tower and just build up a ton of PP. Buy the Welcome to Evil perks, your AT/Beard banks to tier 4-5, the fruit auto-activation perks if you don't have them, Ygg perks, then just work on whatever looks good to you (consider looking at the first few ranks of Fibonacci too). Active quest if you feel like it.

For NGUs, split your time between evil NGUs and normal NGUs. Evils are very slow at first but give you a separate bonus multiplier. You want to spend a majority of your time in normal NGUs though since you're either close to or fully BBing all of them and you're getting a lot of power from normal NGUs still. You can either just do like 1 24-hour evil NGU run then a few days of normals, or swap over mid-run. I tended to RB in the evening, do evils for 8-9 hours until I woke up, then swap to normal for the rest of the 24h.

By slowly boss pushing via blood number, NGUs, augs and eating your power fruits, you can probably push to boss 125 and Titan 7 in about 11-14 days. This also means you'll have enough AT and beard banks built up that you should be strong enough to kill T7 right away. He drops at least one level 5-6 gear piece every kill and they're outright stronger than the EV/PPPL gear that you'd be struggling to try to farm up. A few days of killing T7 and you'll be well enough geared to backfill the zone drops for set bonuses and start prepping to move forward/do challenges/etc.

I'm not going to say folks are wrong if they want to just tackle the zones as they come, but drop rates on EV/PPPL are god-awful and unlike some of the previous adventure walls, you can bypass having to farm those drops when they're like 8-10 hit kills. Evilverse gear doesn't even outperform maxed chocolate gear until it's in the 60s, so it's a ton of grinding to actually start to phase chocolate out if you try to farm up EV gear before pushing farther.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Ah, i get you, it's a visual thing.

So while I've got the evil NGU checked, the normal NGU's wont actually be going up (and vice versa) but the energy I've got allocated to 'NGU EXP' is the same allocation in both difficulties (i.e. i don't have to enter it again).

Correct. Just keep in mind if you are swapping from evil NGU to normal NGU mid run you are probably overcapping the normal NGUs by a hilarious amount and you probably will want to use the cap all button to free up a ton of E/M to reallocate.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I'm pretty sure they meant 24h Rebirth and got confused because of writing 'challenge' a ton before, you're effectively resetting your banks every day and getting no progress out of it since the reward for the 24h is pretty piddly now that you're in Evil.

Yes, that is correct and I misspoke. Once you are done the evil basics just shift fully to regular 24h rebirths for fruit and gradual boss pushing, don't worry about other challenges since they reset your banks and cumulative progress. And if you can't kill anything in Evilverse that's fine, you just get more gold for diggers when you can.

Apologies for the confusion.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Seems kinda low, I'm pushing my adv perk to get to godmother v1 and I'm getting 36M from 24hr FoK. Maybe push your evil NGUs? Either that or xp gain really drops off

I would concur it seems low, I'm about 1.00+e019 toughnesss short of autokilling Godmother V2 and my FoK yesterday was 76m exp.

Just doublecheck you have all the sources of Ygg Yield you can and work on the Ygg and Exp NGUs I suppose.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Fool posted:

If the feature is turned on in your settings, then yes as soon as you are strong enough you will start to autokill them.

Also note that this happens regardless of which adventure zone you are in.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Grey Heart would be my go to choice, hacks are going to carry you from this point on and an early boost helps.

Seconded. Also, when you start pushing to GM, save AP for the pink heart in advance - that one takes 3x as long to level up in daycare so you want to get a jump on that ASAP when it unlocks.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

So I'm sitting here slowly auto killing the nerd for his gear, but this 2 hour rebirth is slowing it by quite a bit.

It's taken me quite a while to make my way up to level 125 by skipping the first two gear sets, so should I just take the 2 hour hit and try the no rebirth evil mode challenge between completing the nerd set and the next titan instead?

Definitely just ride out the two hour timer for now, you'll be done soon enough and once you have some of the v2 accessories and some att/def hacks you can easily do the NRCs then. If you do six (which is easy at v2) then Godmother starts at one hour AKs.

While you're here you can test the waters in Evilverse and PPPL and see what the drop rate looks like, you might be able to start backfilling those set bonuses now.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Because Melvor is very upfront about the stealth/stealing formula, it is very trivial to get yourself into a position to do a 100% safe thieving idle, and then start stacking up massive gold bonuses while stockpiling useful materials and items. Buy the consumable stealing gloves, tough it out in Low Town until you can safely idle there, and build up as you go. Thanks to a variety of bonus and +gp items (including the rare drop gloves from the Thief monster and the Golden Wreath from archaeology) I can basically sit on the Acolyte or Wizard indefinitely, getting 1-6k gold every 1.6 seconds, and stockpiling so many runes that my runecrafting skill is hilariously low in comparison.

It doesn’t compare to some of the top end gold spigots like a fully taxed township or capped out Agility course (seen screenshots of a course that’s like 283k gold every few seconds), but it comes online way easier than you might think and alleviates a ton of potential resource and gear pressures, and as long as you just make sure your thieving target can’t one shot you with auto-eat on you can scale up as you go.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Part of why I like Melvor is it has the flavor and general silliness of RuneScape without having to actually put in the disproportionate skilling effort to do the quests myself; but it also has the absurd numbers of an idle game, so I can roll into combat with six thousand apple pies to snack on.

Also someone mentioned needing dragonhides for crafting - the shop sells leather and hides up through red dragonhide, so you can avoid having to farm hides until black dragons and minimize dealing with dragonbreath attacks.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Atoramos posted:

How does township gear work, I've basically ignored tasks because I thought they'd just distract me from setting up my early income.

Some of the tasks give money and other useful items!

If you check the shop a lot of the township related items require completing X number of township tasks (these are the static and defined ones) before you can buy them. This also applies to a number of trades you can do with the township trading post. A lot of these items give skill specific XP boosts. It seems like 95 tasks is the last tier of unlocks (and this total includes new tasks added with the two expansions).

Casual tasks are separate, some rng tasks you get up to five times a day, which provide scaling gold/xp (and slayer coins for combat tasks) rewards. AFAIK those don’t unlock anything for doing a certain number of them.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It’s absolutely worth looking at casual tasks with some frequency, since A) some are incredibly low hanging fruit, and B) the rewards do scale.

Sometimes I flip to that tab and get 4+ million gold for turning in a pair of leather gloves or 20 iron bars. Sometimes it’s a set of tier 4 potions with a recipe I haven’t even unlocked or 3k gold stardust and I click the skip button. Even if the gold isn’t a big deal the slayer coin rewards for the combat tasks are pretty nice since those also scale based on slayer level; I got 57000 coins yesterday for beating up 10 master farmers while using a steel shield. Easy stuff.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thieving is actually probably the best way to get that one done, and Bob is a pretty high value thieving idle anyway for strawberry seeds for thieving stealth potions.

That said I’m only at like 112 of those since I hit 99 mastery on planting the trees and have a stockpile of like 80k magic logs.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Melvor’s expansions are both good but at different levels of progression.

TotH is the high end content expansion, so skill levels 100-120 and associated content for everything at those tiers. That said the game has a bundle with the base game and ToTH that’s usually only like 8 bucks on sale so it doesn’t hurt to snag it, and some of the passive skills actually get into those level ranges relatively quickly. Of worth noting, the TotH gear for high combat skills requires you to complete the base game dungeons first, so there is some throttling there.

Atlas of Discovery is a more all-levels expansion. The combat content it adds covers all levels, cartography can give a bunch of useful items/buffs and ultimately global boosts and bank slots; archaeology unlocks useful gear and items. The only wrinkles are that cartography can be a bit expensive goldwise, and the barrier mechanic on monsters forces you to create summon tablets to deal with them, so it’s potentially a resource hit to deal with. Not too bad though. I read as well that the Unholy Prayers mechanics can also let you cheese some of the harder base game dungeon bosses for progression.

I think the early feedback on Atlas was a bit rough but they worked on tweaking barrier at the lower end of combat to make it less of a roadblock to the expansion.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 15, 2023

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I would assume Epic is tied into the same cloud save account structure as the other versions, which if nothing else would let you use your save on mobile too.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There’s surely ways to be more efficient in Melvor, but I agree you should just try to figure out what you want to do as you go, and if you’re uncertain about specific details or where to get an item, check the wiki then. I’ve spoken with probably a dozen different folks over the last week or two poking at Melvor and we’re all approaching things differently and it’s going fine, particularly since everyone is going to have different items they want to play with.

The one guide that might be worth looking at after you are a bit more embedded is the combat guide on the wiki; it’s out of date, but can point you towards particular crafted or dropped items for your different combat sets that can help direct your farming a bit.

It’s a game that if you aren’t playing on Hardcore is difficult to actually screw up to any real degree; worst case you just have to go farm or craft extra things.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Long term if you don’t want to engage with combat in Melvor you will ultimately run out of ways to progress, yeah. In that case it does hew closely to RuneScape, where skill progression was either ultimately in service of completing quests and/or killing bosses.

You can always try a different type of character account to mix up progression (such as adventure mode or ancient relics), but those are going to interface with combat much more early and often in all likelihood.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, gearing at a certain point does end up being farming for RNG drops. I just look at it being that getting those drops is ultimately no different than AFKing a gathering skill for a few hours assuming I stock up on runes/arrows/prayer points sometime beforehand.

The big thing about Autoeat, which takes the pressure off a lot, is that so long as the enemy can’t one-shot you, you can use low HP bulk food (you only really need the high HP food when manually eating in combat, since that resets your attack timer). It was a game changer to realize that instead of having to cook up a bunch of food to deal with dragons, I could equip raw apples (32 HP each) and just have my character eat, like, 15 of them at once. I get over 12K apples every tree cycle so I’m basically set for literal weeks of AFK combat assuming I don’t aim too high since I have almost half a million apples and counting. Magic is the only stance that requires a bit of extra accommodation (thieving gave me six digits of arrows to use for ranged) but even then runecrafting multipliers can turn a short craft grind into a few hours of battle no problem.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Melvor has added quite appreciably since 2021, so if you enjoyed it previously then that seems a safe bet.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

The melvor mod store is near, never seen direct mod integration in an idler before.

Best part is the mods integrate cross platform, so I’m not in a situation where I’m getting the benefits on my PC and missing them on mobile or vice versa.

Very good stuff in there, some stuff is pretty cheaty but it’s a single player idle game, so go for it if that’s your thing.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thieving is a cheat code to progression for a significant number of skills and to fund account wide purchases like bank slots and feature unlocks and the only reason it isn’t as simple to onboard as something like fishing or woodcutting is you have to manually keep an eye on your HP if you aren’t coming into it with auto-eat.

But it’s also an extremely low bar to clear to get the Man on enough success rate to make thieving gloves self-sustaining purchases, at which case building thieving skill and npc mastery with the Man/Woman to be able to risk-free offline idle those is not much farther out. There’s also quite a few stealth/thieving boosters available both from early npcs and other sources (agility, astrology) that leaping into some of the other really good early npcs like the farmer is rapid.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Xerol posted:

Some other tips I've heard: damage reduction works, prayers work but don't consume PP, so put on your best DR gear and, if you have them unlocked, the DR and don't lose items prayers.

These are all accurate. If you haven’t unlocked the coinpurse, put a shield in your offhand. Put your best chest/legs on since there isn’t any thieving gear competition for chest like ever and legs are 100+. Each point of DR drops a max hit by like 3 HP which not only can shove you into a safe auto-eat threshold but also drops the average hits you are taking too. I’ve deliberately removed some thieving or GP pieces on borderline thieving jobs to get myself into a safe HP threshold; it’s certainly less efficient but if I’m trying to farm a specific item before going back to a normal 100% or high-percentage safe NPC, it’s worth it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Long term more bank tabs are nice, but they do give you like 12 to start.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Plenty of folks in the NGU discord goonchat went heavy on fishing and cooking early on to make money. I floated around doing things but tapped into thieving very early on and rather enjoyed doing that.

At the end of the day effectively every non-combat skill is a gathering skill, a production skill, or a passive bonusing skill. Pick a gathering skill that seems interesting, use that to fuel a related production skill, mix in some passive stuff as resources or time permit, and you’re off to the races.

And yes, Melvor is a game that ends up stacking a number of smaller bonuses together and suddenly you’re punching well above your weight in terms of cumulative and synergistic bonuses, especially with stuff like interval reduction, resource preservation and doubling chances. It’s not designed with the idle game paradigm of you hitting a new unlock and suddenly numbers are multiple exponents bigger. No worries if that’s not your particular thing, really.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

One thing about Melvor that helps with a lot of that is that everything is infinite. Some items are super rare drops you have to grind for, but besides that if you are given some random ore by an enemy and end up selling it just to clear out space then more of that ore is just one screen and four seconds away.

This is also true. Bank space management is definitely the biggest early game hurdle, but if you can source something with a few clicks and a little bit of idle time you don’t have to hold onto it. Fishing is tricky in that you have to deal with junk items in the early stages, but it is also source to a bunch of high value items, so it’s worth the hassle.

I also learned very early on that if I wasn’t actively going to do melee or ranged combat, I should just sell my crafted arms/armor (just hold onto any trimmed armor township gives you until you get something better). There’s no point in dedicating a half dozen bank slots to basic leather or steel armor if you’re not going to fight today, you can recraft it in about a minute when you need it. Magic armor slightly less so due to the extra runecrafting factor but you can do that too and just save any wands or staffs.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ranged is pretty easy to set up to be honest, especially if you do a bit of thieving and can just get tens of thousands of arrows from an overnight Marauder idle. Long term you’ll need to mess with crossbows some so you have a shield for DR, but until then just use the best short or longbow you can get your hands on and use rapid stance.

If you have Atlas, there’s some very useful gear for ranged. The common hunting bow from the first archaeology site only needs 20 ranged and is extremely strong until you hit 50 and can use either the Elerine Longbow or Desert Shortbow, and the Bulky Gloves from the level 18 dig site add a frankly absurd amount of melee and ranged strength - and rapid stance entirely negates the attack speed malus by itself.

Magic has relatively few issues with DR for standard setups if you keep pace with runecrafting, and the hall of wizards is actually an extremely simple dungeon to idle farm with ranged to fish for ancient armor robes. It’s worth keeping up with in general even despite the rune maintenance since such a disproportionate number of enemies are melee and get blown up by casting. There’s also some solid shield options for mages too, particularly with higher archaeology, so an imbued wand and shield combo buys you a good amount of leeway. Magic is also the best way to train the defensive stat (melee already has two different combat stats you need to level separately, and ranged, well, see the bulky gloves) so that helps boost your evasion a touch using the split combat focus stance.

One extra note that is a nice way to take advantage of the fact your going to be spending time with runecrafting over time - having solid summoning and Herblore goes a long way. Elemental potions give free base element runes some of the time when you do a RC action - up to a 50% chance and 8 runes each proc at tier 4. The Crow/Bear summoning synergy then adds a separate, additional roll of the elemental potion but for combination runes. So you’re sitting there, getting a ton of runes from the base craft + mastery bonuses + base Crow effect, then Crowbear and elemental potions just throw a ton of elemental and combo runes into the pile too. Saves a lot of crafting time and means even when you’re crafting non-elemental runes in bulk you walk away with thousands of extras.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 1, 2024

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Herald is endgame content and not worth messing with until you get skills approaching the base 99 cap.
The thing is, while your skills can go to 120 with Herald, they set it up where you can’t use Herald tier equipment in combat until effectively “beating” the base game. You can still benefit from combat skills or HP going higher than 99, but it’s a pretty clever way to still get you to go through normal combat progression.

Atlas has a bunch of sidegrade content slotted in at all levels. Cartography gives a bunch of free resources and some bonus points of interest; archaeology, while slow to launch, has some extremely good items for both combats and non-combats. The barrier combat feature in Atlas is a bit hard to get started with but interesting enough.

So if you like the game enough to see yourself playing it for a while, snag Atlas and actually do some surveying and archaeology. From there once you start to reach high level skills you can add Herald.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Maxed out township with Herald gives you 5-6 million GP an hour most of the year. Winter is “only” like 1.5m an hour. It does trivialize most of the other gold making methodologies.

The key to town halls is not to repair the town halls until you have all eight built, because you will lose any money you’re making (especially if you do winter repairs). Just save up until you can build another hall and treat the income you are getting as a down payment on the next one.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lilli posted:

Do the expansions add stuff to the town because I have literally every building maxed and only get 1.5 mil an hour

There are new tiers of buildings in Township in the Herald (100-120) levels. Folks talking about getting 5+ million an hour are probably looking at 120 capped townships.

As long as you don’t repair in winter and have all the repair-discounting buildings set up town halls should still be profitable, but there’s ultimately a limit to what 99 will pay out.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dungeons can and should not be done in order in Relics mode, because otherwise bandit leader is going to obliterate you for ages. You can get away with magic only dungeon clears until the 40s or so combat wise, just save bandit base and hall of wizards for a bit later. Runecrafting uncaps help quite a bit with early progression. I did coop - graveyard - spiders - ship as my first four.

Food is the big early sticking point, and finding some way to address that is a major factor. If RNG cooperates, thieving to 40 solves it forever; you can also run easy slayer tasks (reroll them liberally) and buy a basic resupply for 100 lobsters. There’s also a few easy township tasks that give you a one time set of cooked fish. Worst case you can chain run the coop for food boxes but until your skills and gear are better that’s still kind of dodgy.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is anyone else having trouble loading Melvor? I tried to log on and it refused to allow me to load it. There is also a note at the top saying that it's the demo version now.

E. Never mind, I guess it just fixed itself

Their third party licensing service has been having issues the last few days, just force close and relaunch the client whenever it happens.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You may need to set/reset your Melvor cloud password to use your Steam version licenses and saves on mobile but it’s fully supported.

Note the Steam version is immune to the weird Playfab version check errors that have cropped up recently, so it might take a few tries to get another device set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I did Unholy Forest on my relics account (current combat cap 60) but haven’t done Dragon’s Den yet. The latter will probably be my next one. Forest is workable since it’s the second and final barrier dungeon where mobs don’t regenerate their barrier over time so any mishmash of combat summons you can throw together will eventually get the job done.

Keep prioritizing slayer uncaps when you get them and consider runecrafting as well, you’re at a point where your magic skill level can cast spells you can’t fuel with your current RC level.

Generally I just go with a single damage type for mixed dungeons and accept some enemies will be slow to kill. What that damage type is largely depends on the style of the most dangerous target, which often is but isn’t necessarily the boss.

Lastly, since you’re already using mods, highly recommended the [Myth] Combat Simulator mod. It’s extremely flexible and can tell you all sorts of info (even down to specific item drops per hour), but at a base level it can import your current combat setup (gear, stats, prayers, potions, etc) and simulate fighting a mob/running a dungeon - and whether or not you’re at risk or going to die there. Combat Sim is nice for this because it makes it easy to try alternate setups until you find what would work, even if you don’t currently have the items that you’re testing out.

Edit: I decided to do this and Dragon’s Den was surprisingly trivial with 60 HP/Defense and 57 magic. Went in with fire adept armor, elite defense amulet, powerful wand, rune shield (g), a diamond ring and yak/occultist summons. I would have had to manual eat on the elder dragon if it had actually hit me a single time (with the above setup I had enough DR for its max hit to be 277; my autoeat threshold was 244) but otherwise there’s really no issues if you have food and autoeat to roll with.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 22, 2024