Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm Very Bad at these games but I'm having a lot of fun with UM, the cards are a super neat gimmick this time around. I like that it adds a roguelike-y feel to the game? Like, even on runs where I gently caress up so bad I need to continue, I tend to press on anyways just to see if I can unlock any new stuff in the shop, and the run doesn't feel wasted.

on a related note, while I was able to beat Easy way quicker than I have any previous game, Normal is still kicking my rear end. Sannyo!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Clarste posted:

I think even more than any other Touhou game, this is a resource game. There are many ways to stock up on lives, bombs, or to use other resources as bombs, etc. Or I guess you could go for max damage so you have to dodge less.

That said, one important thing to note is that seeing any of the hidden endings permanently unlocks a third card slot to start with, which is huge. You can do that on Easy without much trouble, at least.
Yeah, I found that out yesterday

That said, I'm not sure more resources helps - I went into sannyo with 3 spare lives, tanuki/wolf cards for power, and ultramarine orb elixir as insurance, and I still lost. She's really strong for a stage 3 boss!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Sharkitten posted:

I can finally be a girl in gensokyo I'm ecstatic

This has been the dream for me for 14 years now
imagine needing a mobile game to do so instead of simply astral projecting in your sleep

#RealSumirekoHours

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

See, it's stuff like this that makes me wanna see Mamizou as a protag one of these days. Bastard Mom is best Incident Solver.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Hey fun fact it's steam summer sale time

I picked up Touhou Mechanical Scrollery, and my initial impressions are

A: it's kinda clunky, controls wise
B: it's sorta repetitive
C: it's fun despite that, because 3D danmaku hell yeah

:hellyeah:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

recent indie games seem to love having Kosuzu as a side character (for obvious reasons, she's great), and yet there's no love for Sumireko, my precious chuuni daughter

basically if someone makes a game where Kosuzu and Sumireko team up to Solve An Incident™, i will combust from joy on the spot

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

rannum posted:

I'd like another team up game and have Sumireko go with Sanae just because I think it'd be funny to compare new modern touhou with the old "modern" touhou whose been cut off all the cultural shifts in the years since she came to gensokyo

Kosuzu can team up with Akyuu, who shoudl also become a playable character
See, this is why Sumireko needs to show up more, so she can interact with everyone
Also:
https://twitter.com/AmyZenunim/status/1186441773289213953

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I associate whiskey the most with square bottles like that.

I'm surprised everyone reacted so strongly to it. Does gensokyo just not have any distilled spirits at all? Maybe it's just sake country.
They actually touched on that in a previous chapter!

Most of the alcohol in gensokyo is kinda watered down. So yes, it's probably ridiculously high-alcohol content comparatively.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Not really. I mean they’re all white but Reisen is just in a military officers uniform, and I dunno what occasion Alice is dressed for.

while i'm staunchly anti-gacha, i have to admit, between this and goth form, lost word has been giving youmu lots of cute outfits

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The people love Touhou and that's a fact.

Touhou rules.
:hai:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Clarste posted:

Youmu's been getting a disproportionate number of #1 votes for years now. We've been calling it the Youmu Effect.
it's the Era of Youmu, that's all

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

it's important people realize that's not a giant spoon

it's a spork :allears:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

listening to the latest Akatsuki Records bonus CD rn

Acoustic ver. of Necromantic loving slaps hard. Which is not unexpected because the original song also slaps, but still, :drat:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Amiami is currently doing a made-to-order sale of Reimu, Marisa, and Goth!Youmu, if anyone wants a fumo and doesn't want to deal with ridiculous import fees

also the site seems to be doing not terribly, for once?
https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1529993495313731584

Supposedly it's running from now until the 15th, but I imagine that there'll be a cap even with them being made to order

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

bold of you to assume that ZUN cannot simply see the future

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

HGH posted:

This fun little rhythm game came out in English today. It's good.
seconding this. it's like necrodancer, but cuter and not a roguelike, and therefore twice as good

(i have not gotten past stage 2, because i am awful at rhythm-action games, but it's still good)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

rannum posted:

Kind of feels like the game should be a little longer just because each character plays so differently sometimes; by the time you really start clicking with the characters (especially the weirder ones like Murasa and Joon) its all over.
i have absolutely no evidence for this, but part of me wonders if the game originally had actual stages, but was scaled back to just being boss fights because they realized it was too much feature creep

this is also my way of saying "god drat i wish i could play a shovel knight-esque game starring murasa, because she's so drat fun to play." Her anchor is so satisfying to smack things with.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

i too want to become marisa kirisame, but i'm 32 years old

the only advice was for a 20 year old

gently caress
there is no age limit to becoming marisa. embrace the chuunibyou in your soul. get a witch hat.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

went back and started playing LoLK the other day, after getting filtered hard by clownpiece back in the day

pointdevice mode rules, this should be in more games

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

touhou is popular with the kids because touhou is eternal

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

leather fedora posted:

Toby Fox also had a short video saying how this was an honor for him since he's been a Touhou Project fan since elementary school and asking for Ran to appear in the next game.
specifically, he asked for her to be the protagonist of the next game and you know what

hes so real for this

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ZUN, open the steam page
stop having it be closed

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Fairies are actually a kind of moss
petition for this to be the new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

you know, while i like kosuzu a lot, i find it kind of funny that touhou fangames for the longest time were just like "characters introduced AFTER subterranean animism? hmmm, i dunno..." but people LOVE to put kosuzu in things.

not complaining, it's just funny. everyone loves the funny book girl.