Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

It would be pretty amusing if in the end Vic has to pay up "an arm and a leg" at the end of this.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah disbarment is an unfortunately high bar. the consensus on law twitter was there being little grounds for it before the whole hellfiling, fraudulent notarised affidavits and forged signatures, etc xame out

i would be surprised at more than a six month suspension, unless someone were to find the above issues in other parts of Ty's estate filings

Fraudulent documents aren’t heavy enough to disbar? That really is a high threshold.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

El Fideo posted:

I care. That piece of poo poo is at my con this weekend.

Goondolences.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ignis posted:

Nobody is going to prison, he's just gonna be out of a bunch of money at some point

e: unsurprisingly

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1179585361439318016?s=21

:yeshaha:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Keltar posted:

Awww, so mad like the vic stans.

What is the arena background referencing? Obviously any games played there are long over but this seems specific.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

They should just call themselves VicAnon

“Hi I’m Alan and I’ve been a Full Metal Alchemist fan for fifteen years.”

“Hi Alan.”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Covok posted:

And that's why the bailiff is there.

Really hoping it’s P. Barnes on duty that day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

I met a guy who worked or knew people who worked on the Star Trek thing and he was like “yeah they recognized Vic as a failed camera operator” and I was like “uhh he’s much worse than that”

Well that’s my story thanks for reading

Powerful username + post synergy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Who is this person and why should we care?

Someone who leaned on Texas A&M to invite public sex pest Vic Mignogna to their anime convention. So gently caress those guys, though a Texas anime con is probably a Lovecraftian horror even before the sex offenders show up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

How did his mother get rich? I've never seen that detail elaborated.

If this is accurate she must have been a lottery winner or inherited it:

http://www.southbendcentral.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=7366692

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

They were so loving stupid in raising Youtube Dramabucks:

https://i.postimg.cc/L84mkjpT/download-2.png

https://i.postimg.cc/GmMTvcZ4/download-3.png

E: Lol God drat

Brutal. Absolutely savage. :bisonyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Patware posted:

all this shitbaby behavior is just him getting too deep into rohan kishibe

Method voice acting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

Voting again overwrites the previous vote, I believe.

This is correct.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guess the death threats worked! Ah well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I feel like there’s a place for him at Harmony Gold.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Sad part is he actually DID work with Harmony Gold, he was Hikaru in the english dub by ADV.

Watching that recently and realizing that Monica Rial was Misa felt incredible gross considering their relationship in the show.

Didn't know that.

In the hell world of 2019 I can't even make a lovely drive by joke about a sex offender voice actor and a license troll company without it being true. :smith:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Already gone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

divabot posted:

Tangential, but here's what T. Greg Doucette's been doing in the meantime - fighting the University of North Carolina over a bogus payout for the Silent Sam confederate statue. This too turns out to be a wild ride.

lol holy poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

I dont get it

Is the gotcha that they arent actually showing any cleavage

Why did you bother digging the tweet up for that

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

Yeah I just nuked my Watch History after I remembered you can do that.

...and I'm already starting to get these stupid videos showing up again. Goddammit! :negative:

That’s just removes your history from your review. Google will never forget.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

I distractedly watched a few episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam (the extremely 70's one), and is the main character's superpower really that he just read the user manual?

If you want to know more come to the Gundam thread but yeah, he reads the instructions to what is the most powerful robot in the world at the beginning of the series.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PYF SA Sagas thread is the place to talk about things like the closure of FYAD.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Julias posted:

Yeah Wilford was 49-50 during the filming of Cocoon.

He was 48 during The Thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Covok posted:

Can we stop citing an rear end in a top hat with an avatar opposing the removal of confederate statues?

lmao

Read this before you get incorrectly outraged again: https://indyweek.com/news/voices/how-i-became-part-of-the-silent-sam-story/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

i refuse to believe that anyone who's competent at anything would've written "my client is not literally fecal matter, so calling him a 'piece of poo poo' is defamation"

:lol: That's a middle school comeback.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BobHoward posted:

Can the breach of duty and/or redressable harm consist of advising a client to file an unwinnable, laughably bad lawsuit? Because if it can't, then it strikes me that there's a bit missing from Florida (and maybe/probably other states too) malpractice law.

That would take money from attorneys’ pockets so lol at it ever happening.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

All of the best stuff is unaffected, though.

Divination Wizard, Hexblade, Lore Bard, Variant Human: None of this stuff is restricted at all.

The only notable strong thing that PHB+1 blocks is Yuan-Ti, but they added ways to get that in-game with extra benefits, so...

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

To be fair, that looks like something some dorky kid was real excited to make and I hope they really enjoyed it.

Look at the bottom of the box.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Making that turd and then getting sued by Funko over it would be an incredible self own.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

nice

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If he’s bored and still has access to mommy’s money then he could conceivably try to do something besides lie low after the current legal engagements conclude. I don’t have any idea what he would do.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I just loving re-installed Revengeance because I never beat it. Dammit.

This sounds like a job for Japanese audio and subtitles!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it's just weird though, if he didn't play the main character I probably wouldn't really care as much.

Just do it, you can separate an artist from their work. Polanski had fled the US before I was born but I can still appreciate Chinatown and similarly I’ll replay an MGS game at some point in my life.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Chris Niosi is another one I'd forgotten about but he's got a big long apology out.

https://twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/1329478483639115776

It's not great. "I underwent a controversy" is not a good way to start.

Passive voice, the old standby of cowards who take no responsibility.

I wonder if Vic will also hire a Martian on Fiverr to write a similar plea for people to love him again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha what the gently caress happened to churches after I stopped going regularly?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

Changed his mind after "prayer and thought"

loving lmao

what are the odds that a bunch of vic stans and chuds are suddenly going to attend this church service thinking this is just a lateral move from his convention appearances

Some of his convention appearances include the Vic Mignonga Spirituality Hour.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

Also, also, I think Nick is a "lawyer" in the sense that he got his bar license in a state that doesn't require the bar exam, and has never actually done litigation on behalf of any client, so he just lawyers into the youtube void

Oh word? Which state is this, I would love to have a novelty lawyer credential just for kicks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

more like nutsac anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao this tweet is unavailable