Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bet you could just serve them instant coffee and make real cups for management and be totally okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Golli posted:

What is the difference, if any, between a Gameplay 'Programmer' and Gameplay 'Engineer'?

What functions differentiate them?

One has to first build his own tools, the others don't.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ErrEff posted:

Meanwhile, the actual QA testers at CIG who get a paycheck every month have some more coffee from the ten thousand dollar coffee machine.

Lmao if you think they do inhouse QA or if they do that the QA people are nothing more than third rate contractors residing in the basement, drinking no name energy drinks in an unlit room 45°C hot.

I bet they don't even get to use the toilets regular employees use.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Coming Soon* : Fleet Carriers. ONLY 2, 5 Million Dollars.

Tell your Org Friends, start your OWN Kickstarter.

*for preorder concept sale

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's kinda fun how all companies involved in this are scammy, incompetent and kinda evil. I wonder if all of those Crytek Employees got all their missing back pay or not

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SoftNum posted:

Also by her own account she chose him out of a book of hollywood producers/directors (heavily implied that she wanted to make it in hollywood)

Man, she chose poorly.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

TheAgent posted:

nah, she's got her own production company, her daughter is in a ton of films/tv shows in pretty decent parts, she's living in the loving pacific palisades, probably takes about $300k to $500k a year from CIG

its not a bad life

not one bit

Yeah but imagine having to touch Chris Roberts shrimpy youngman and jerk him off under the covers, let alone have sex with this stammering bag of hot air.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm so sorry I posted the thing I posted in the unfunny Croberts thread, I was under the wrong impression that I was in the GBS one.

I hope thinking about Chris' shrimpy youngman didn't disturb anyone too much.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can someone explain to me why the patch notes read like an arcane tome? Columns and cards and spheres and orbs.... What the gently caress is going on with those

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

tuo posted:

Also someone release Silksong please

The Hornet Card has moved to 5.6 due to unexpected fidelity issues.

Nails can currently not damage enemies.

The Jumping Column has been moved to a later patch

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 22, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

How can mere mortals living in linear timeline even fathom the transcendental genius of parallel development? For Crobbler, the game is both completely done and not even started, since He cannot perceive time like a lower being anymore.

Checkmate.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Star Citizen Trades subreddit is a loving mess to read and understand. It's all abbreviations and middleman stores pushing stuff for 75% of their buy in value.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So why does a planet named microtech have moons that are actually sensible names?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

I think they don't understand game development.

Clearly, Star Citizen transcends causality

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Is Body Dragging 2.0 the consequences of piracy implementation?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So wait,Earth and Terra aren't the same planet in Star Citizen?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Just.. Don't make it EARTH? MAKE NEO TERRA

Like in Battlestar Galactica or some poo poo

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Titanic posted:

For those times when your credit card is maxed and you still want to feel the experience of the Star Citizen world, you copy their webpage and redirect everything back to your local machine so you can still feel that sugar rush of buying everything.

That just sounds like the same findom with even more added steps

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

I bet almost anyone here can identify the sounds alone of the X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and Millenium Falcon. Just the sound. These were dreamed up in the 70s and are in use to this day.

Chris Roberts believes he's in that creative camp, and all his stolen and/or uninspired hack designs are an equivalent IP. That alone says everything about this project.

To be fair, imagine being an artist working under him. The man has no clear cut aesthetic and changes what the gently caress he wants multiple times a day.

I'd just wing it for a paycheck and do my own portfolio work for when I get inevitably fired.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Wait, microtech is THE PLANET???

I thought new Babbage was?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Limited time offer! : for only 999$ you can get 90000 crystals to roll on the Idris Rainbow Banner with a chance for an exclusive Rainbow Soulbreak Idris! It will punch above its weight, guaranteed!* **

*No drop chance given, 8999 crystals per pull. No guarantee or anti frustration mechanisms in play

**does not actually punch above its weight

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Larz posted:

I can't believe he went to the effort to create this.

Anus-et?

What a good name to put on a plaque.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

a friend of mine said he was playing 3.10 on the PTU

I tried to join him but apparently the PTU is like a different thing than star citizen

why does an alpha game need a separate testing branch for players??? is this normal

Cause real games have ptus, so to make the scam appear legit, SC needs one too.

This is the answer to 90% of the poo poo they do. It's basically cargo culting themselves hoping of they adhere to game dev rituals a game might manifest

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nicholas posted:

I like how the stadia thread has their very own MoMA. so did the OUYA thread if I remember correctly.

Xboxpants was a pro compared to HA

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also he moved to LA to try and be a voice actor, and, uh, he's not good. He sounds kinda like that one guy who did voices in every Flash game on Newgrounds.

ProZD he is not.

When's Chairem Anime : Legend of the Galactic Recliners, you hack?!!!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Man, I only have a penis, not a cruise missile. How can I hit that G-Spot?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

at this point i dont know why they dont just sneak in a bitcoin mining subroutine to take advantage of all these expensive rigs people built for this game.

Who says they did not, as badly as the "game" runs.

Edited for clarification.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 24, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So the audio team discovered auto ducking/auto gain? 300 millions well spent!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I shave with Standi

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ffycchi posted:

Well...I stand by that I won't live long enough to see star citizen.

Nsfwish:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CtztPhu8TcsDP3ze9

Well buddy. You don't look so good. Time to set up your Will so your idrii can be given out.

(Holy gently caress mate, I'm hoping the treatment can turn it around and you'll get better)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

What are the titles that denote he was actually the head of the project, Executive Producer? Director?

Usually lead design or sometimes director. It depends on the company how involved the job title is.

It's also very different in East vs West terms.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Bethesda games do this "save the location of every object" and it's great at first but after about 3/4 of the way through the game the saving and loading takes forever and you run into lots of random crashes as you go through doors.

But I'm sure CIG can do better because they have a track record of making highly detailed games and MMOs. My favorite one that I liked was

This actually made saves unloadable in Oblivion.

Ben already is THE Wing Commander, ask his local hooters /KFC.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Gravity_Storm posted:

If base building becomes a thing and is so superbly complicated I might just have to back this game and buy a bomber that punches above its weight.

Anything can be a bomb if moving fast enough, even the free starter ship

https://youtu.be/rTAx8r_090o

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

NumptyScrub posted:

Except they already removed ramming damage *because griefers*, so that gameplay loop is really going to require the bomber (and bombs that currently don't work iirc) :v:

Delete this thread, it's not even funny watching them fail if they didn't even manage to implement "RAMMING SPEED"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

DGP Space Lion posted:

Now I want to see a CIG Obra Dinn clone

Walk around an Idris full of glitchy dead commandos clipping through the geometry

Try to figure out which bug caused each death

The answer for all: Chris Roberts is behind it all.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's still the worst name. I know that's named after an english polymath, but cmon.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9OAuViakOc

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/iae2950

ITS RAFFLE TIME!
ENTRIES WILL END WHEN THIS COUNTDOWN HITS 0.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201119T00&p0=24&msg=Star+Citizen+IAE+2950&font=slab

To enter:
- You must be a Platinum Account holder. For PMs.
- You must quote this post.

What's your guess on the funding tracker sheet at the end of IAE 2950?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207
Current Pledge Amount
$317,425,743

GOOD LUCK FOLKS.
Grand Prize - A Humble (Steam Key) Copy of Cyberpunk 2077.
Consolation Prizes - 3 Humble Monthies.

320,333,577 is my guess. Idiots stay idiots

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'll pay 20 talents of gold for the Daedalus package so I can hide the inevitable results of PvP in my Vent-Labyrinth. One of the Crewman will get paid to roll his character into the Bull

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I want X to be self-sealing stembolts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

jarlywarly posted:

I clicked on your second link 1st it said 25 then I refreshed and now it is $30. F5 tax.

Okay? What scam is this then? Is this local regional pricing despite showing dollars? VATS added in? If so, that needs to be declared or its highly illegal