Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Here's to another decade of showing tojal how to be more positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

$40 off if you use new money? Incredible sale price. Just bought 3.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

What the gently caress does define your legacy even mean

Please buy our ship. It has a lot of rooms.

Please...Purdy please?

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

MedicineHut posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/tell-me-why

“Tell me WHY ???
Dear developers, I've absolutely no clue why is it so difficult to fix one simple bug - "Boxes falling through a ship", why I can't make a simple delivery because of that ? I've spent last 2,5 hours jumping from server to server, from region to region trying to find a working server-solution where I can start my courier missions, everytime I load to any server and try to put a box inside my Aurora it falls through the ship into the abyss, seriously?!?!?!?!, guys, please, tell me, WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED ?????????”

Response top pick:
“Having objects phase through other solid objects is an integral part of the Star Citizen experience. Imagine how boring the game would be if you weren't suddenly ejected from your ship while walking around!”

Immersive gameplay loops. Always make sure your box is still with you. If the box bounces, it creates new gameplay where pirates can come kill you when retrieving it.

He doesn't understand development is all. Poor soul.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1170447512454520832

I'm not even sure what to make of this. Why are we lining up a bunch of overpriced ships for yet another screenshot?

Not understanding the purpose aside from it being the only thing these guys can think of doing with a ship that has no role.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

FailureToReport posted:

What about that was AWESOME?

The dudes janking about inside the Valk? The Hornet crashing into the Valk because his framerate was probably so poo poo he couldn't avoid it?

If we learned anything during GamesCom, CIG is very good at tagging along with things\people\places for marketing.
Who at RedBull thought that was awesome? Cringe.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

hot ham water posted:

I've started following Star Citizen a bit lately as it seems like a funny train wreck and was wondering - what can you actually do in this "game"? Like I've seen videos of people running around and shooting at squares in outer space, and there's talk of missions, but how does this translate to shills applauding a sense of discovery and emergent gameplay? Do I just lack appreciation and vision?

Apparently, to some, there is enough gameplay for five years worth of content. How this is broken down, I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1176264000239218688

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Dementropy posted:

Supplemental:

Goons! :argh:

So, using tojal's logic, all SC fans are potential killers. Since, you know, he supports this.

Can I also hold him responsible?

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

trucutru posted:

Have you seen that channel on the youtubes where a guy uploads his character walking across a game's map? Daggerfall took like 60 hours. And that map fits in like a large crater.

Well, same thing here, walking across those planets to see all there is to see (the same assets but in different locations) will take a while.

Is this a facetious comment or did someone actually do that? lol

I'd be banging my head against a wall within 2 hours of attempting it.

e:

Side note, Relic on Twitter 'liked' a post I made, realized I am not a fanboy, quietly removes his :love:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Agony Aunt posted:

The link Deathsmessenger gives does say its Elite, but you've got to laugh at what the actual award is based on.

"Braben mentioned plans to work on Elite IV at E3 1997. More than 17 years later the PC version of the game’s fourth instalment – Elite: Dangerous (Frontier Developments) – is set for a worldwide release in late 2014, with a Mac version due to follow some three months later."

So basically Braben said "I have plans to make Elite 4 one day" and that is what the award is based on.

Perhaps one day i'll go into space fulfilling my 40+ year plan of going into space that i declared i wanted to do as a child. I wonder if i'll get a Guiness record for the longest time spent getting into space.

And Deathsmessenger really is using that to try and show ED has been in development all those years. Crazy.

Maybe the award should be more along the lines of longest time from announcing intention to actual delivery.

So let's use the same logic for Star Citizen.

Chris was pushed off of Freelancer back when he wanted a Star Citizen. If we're basing records off of thoughts and ideas, how old is Freelancer again?

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Agony Aunt posted:

Holy poo poo, they are making a competition and then selling versions of those ships in line with the competition?

And people are losing their poo poo in ED over the store icon being a different colour to the other icons in the station menu.

I don't know why, but I had a bit of a chuckle reading this and laughed, even more, when I looked further down.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Mailer posted:

I don't think the crobbler could handle The Expanse. It's space, but somehow doesn't map back to WW2 dogfighting. A truly impossible creation.

Why is Agony Aunt out drinking with cultists?

I was going to point that out, but I didn't want to make Aunt uncomfortable that we saw him chilling with the likes of rex as well.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

his nibs posted:

no no this guy

He has THAT look in his eyes. Even seems the same height as the dark knight fella threatening haters with a gun in hand and clenched fists.
I know it's a reach, but I've never seen this guy before and wow, how have I not? That's hard to miss, yet I did.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Iceclaw posted:

None of this refers to physiological limits, tho.

My stance is body-shaming is a lovely thing to do. I've always been the type of guy that no matter your race, color, size, gender, sexual preference, or kink. You do you, and it won't affect how I look at you.

Beer bellies, junk food, high calories, carbs, fats are all harmful to some extent, but the most important thing for anyone large or small is the move around. Anyone who has kids will understand when I say
that having a kid is like a membership at the gym, especially between 6-12 years.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Zaphod42 posted:

Look, I went and spoke to the con-man myself and he assured me first-hand that his con is totally legitimate. He told me all about it and it sounds super super cool.

What? Its a con? No, you don't understand how cool this con sounds though. Nobody's ever attempted anything like this before! Which definitely means it isn't a con.

You promise, promise with a pinky swear?

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

lol, he went into a near 30-day old thread to post about haters and trolls.

Complains how others find his posts, but how did he find this one?

rePool fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 30, 2019

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Doesn't this guy have a hitlist of his own written on Reddit? He's a conspiracy nut of the highest degree if I've ever seen one. That thread reads like a conspiracy nuts wet dream.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Maybe it's my embarrassing 2 or 3 thousand hours of playtime from the 2.6 days but an avenger chasing a bucc? They have it all wrong, don't make me go all fanboy on that dumb image!

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Virtual Captain posted:

I won't post these all the time but if you are in the habit of skipping pages these may be of interest:
September Set 1 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-17/
September Set 2 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-30/

I know ppl don't want to check another site/app every day so I'll find a place on SA for the recaps to live soon.

:jackbud:

I bookmarked for when I do fall behind which is almost a weekly basis. Thank you, you fine gentleman.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

"They will never know"

Powerful statement.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Agony Aunt posted:

Question: Any reason for not including the Sandi crocodile tears moment at the con where she said she was quiitting because people were being nasty?

You don't have the footage (i can't find it either), or because not relevant, or because too personal?

I keep hearing about this and I watched the con yet missed that? I saw people mocking her on Spectrum about it and I tried looking but I couldn't find it.
Not that I care about her crying, but I wanted to understand why she was or the context of what lead up to it.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Shapcap being shapcap, owning himself. This video sure ruffled their feathers a bit.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Sabreseven posted:

I'm begining to think ol shappers isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

The lights are on but no one is home.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

:newlol: :newlol:

I think he's talking about me, haha. I read SA from time to time (fell behind a lot since it wasn't regularly) but never paid my *cough* taxxe. I messaged beet on twitter a year ago when the forum went on lockdown. "GRR, why can't I read anymore" you know, when you're not a member and can't see the goods any longer.
tojal the loving imbecile pushed me here in a big way. I enjoyed the satisfaction of it and rubbed my $10 receipt in his face along; with a few sexy bears. :angel:

:boom:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait did Tom_Neverwinter seriously make a subreddit called /r/StarCitizen_Refund to counter people at /r/StarCitizen_Refunds

This dude is nuts

He made me laugh out loud today. I'll, lol at funny poo poo but his inner detective beleives I'm Failure2Report. He thinks FTR is my alt.

:reddit: posted:

https://twitter.com/failuretoreport?lang=eu and https://twitter.com/repools odd how its the same user.... so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpftn_1cIg oh... wait thats elite dangerous... what a coincidence. nice alt account... yeah I found out a long time back...

posting times, word usage, time available, similar backstories, with other oddities. https://foller.me/failuretoreport https://foller.me/repools hashtag similarities. youre usage. Twitter clients usage; one dosnt use the app, which is odd, but web and app usage? strange... failuretoreport dosnt have the markings of a bot tool, but it sure shows it based on posting times.

I used to stream on twitch, people who can verify that and my voice is worlds apart if compared. He's trying so hard.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

trucutru posted:

It was me! It's part of our initiative to make commandos look unhinged. I think Gorf is Tojal.

Well we know Mr. FBI isn't. I'm pretty confident in that assumption.

A goon pointed something out to me on Reddit. He edited between 40 to 50 of his most recent posts, on anything refunds/starcitizen related with links to this secret command center. No matter how out of context, it was thrown in at the bottom of every post like someone found a secret bunker.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Per usual...what does your heart say?

Star Citizen is good again, so... yes, absolutely yes!

Everyone, go buy an Idris.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Reading this felt like some awards ceremony. I couldn't figure out why someone would be thanking an unreleased video game.

...then I saw his profile picture and it all made sense. I wonder if he teared up writing this?

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

The over the top aggression how Kazan writes, you'd think he and tojal were cut from the same cloth.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

chaosapiant posted:

That croberts fist bump looks misaligned. Is croberts blind, or did the poster just photoshop croberts into the frame?

I had to look again, and it does look somewhat photoshopped in, but that would be approaching stalker\obsessive level type creepy if it was.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Sabreseven posted:

"Which I still very much believe in" =/= "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out!"

Anyway, on a more sincere note, if that person was one of the actual 'good' people there, then good luck and all the best to them. :)

I was "friends" with him on discord and we had several talks over the years. He's actually a really nice guy. Not a bad thing to say about him.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Pfft, selling us RDR2 at a full $60 for an "unfinished" game?

Luck is on your side folks -- Star Citizen is selling it at a discount. Go figure.

We're so lucky!

e:

The audacity of this guy telling Aunt about uninformed liars out there. He is a paid shill or obtuse.

rePool fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 15, 2019

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Dementropy posted:

Community cannibalism:

:reddit: The game is not going to fail. Before you lost your mind and reading skills, I claimed nothing more than that the SQ42 beta won't release in 2020 and maybe not even in 2021. I base this on the current chapter progress as well as their progress on tech such as AI. So you didn't even properly read my post but I enjoyed your little tantrum anyway so it's good.

:reddit::reddit: I see you spent a good 35 for that account

:reddit: Now that reply of yours just doesn't make any sense. Try again and use your words this time.

:reddit::reddit: Oh sorry how long have you played starcitizen for? Then how long as part of the Reddit.

:reddit: You know the information I referred to is public at no cost right? It has nothing to with reddit too. You're rambling dude. Try again.

:reddit::reddit: Then why don't you answer my questions.

:reddit: I'm actually a concierge since 2015. Happy? Now can we finally talk about how the SQ42 beta won't happen before 2022?

:reddit::reddit: Why won't it happen? So far they have been making a lot behind the scenes. We know they don't tell us some things so releases are interesting. Every quarter work is being performed so there is a positive bias to completion. The remaing ships don't matter for sq42. They do for the mmo. The single player module doesn't need the net code, so that again does not matter. Concierge. I doubt it.

lol, it's sad that I can tell who it is without a name. They ate a 2-week ban, comes back and instantly starts hammering at people where he left off.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

"It's not even a game yet"

Well CobraTV said it's a game and should be reviewed. I'm confused. Side note: I think the CobraTV turned shill deleted that comment chain or muted it.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Sabreseven posted:

Hang on a minute, he 'completed' a game mode (pirate swam?) to get it as a reward, but rather than it actually being a reward ship it just gives you the option to *BUY* it? :thunk:

Am I seeing that correctly? :stonklol:

lol, It used to be the Glaive. You were a "chosen one" to be given the option to buy a $350 USD ship. Not joking. I was an idiot that bought it after complaining on spectrum that my only reward was being allowed to buy it.

Part of the account I refunded thankfully.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

I mean... the irony is so blatant, yet missed or ignored? If this isn't a clear case of cognitive dissonance, I don't know what is.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Squadron 54 due in 4 quarters, I promise promise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_I088pIQ3M

Subsumption is looking :discourse:

Next year most likely? Is this the super-duper secret dev build no one knows about?

I see no BMM up to 4.0, which is Q2, 2020. Most importantly, none of this matters because

:boom:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

A nerd who attended the last whales only paid for marketing dinner creating a KoS list for streamers who aren't showing his pre-approved level of love towards a video game? :toughguy:

Color me surprised.

:newlol:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Some time later in game... tough guy Typhooni gets his fleet wiped out by griefer, cries "not fair" to CIG, more news at 11.

:sadpeanut:

Some call them a griefer, the rest would call them a hero. Everyone needs a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Never CIG's fault? This has to be an employee.